1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flagrant 2: “James Harden can not sell tickets”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stepback3GOOD, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Stumbled across a cringe worthy video on YouTube today where these nba media nerds were debating about James harden and claiming he can not sell out the Toyota Center so that means he is not worth much to the rockets organization(they used prime Vince carter as a comparison of an exciting athlete overeceeding their value to a franchise). Keep in mind these guys have damn near 400,000 subs so this isn’t some cheap knock off podcast. They also knock hardens place among the top 5 in the nba. It’s really one of the worst videos I have stumbled upon pertaining to harden that isn’t a part of espns first take

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for sharing :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Bob Barker 007

Gave them a downvote and skipped watching. Probably the best way to do it

4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I've always found it funny how we consistently rank top 5 in TV ratings and have shitty attendance simultaneously

hakeem94 and lnchan like this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The opening premise of the entire podcast is easily refutable by just looking up facts and not being a complete jackass. This is literally a podcast to bash Harden from guys who don’t like him.

“He doesn’t sell tickets and can’t win you a championship, so what’s his value to your franchise?”

“Most boring, max player, star, all star in the league, definitely least valuable MVP of all time”

Attendance stats for home and road are available. There’s nothing I see in the stats that suggest Harden doesn’t sell tickets.

If Harden can’t win you a championship then neither can Giannis, AD, Westbrook so on and so forth of all the guys that haven’t won either and these guys just love. When you consider that the likely best player ever and the best team ever assembled exist at the same time it’s so disingenuous to say a guy CANT win you a title, everyone knows it’s circumstantial.

Had never heard of these guys before. Cant be sure but I think this was probably planned. Hating Harden sells. True fans who don’t just live off hot takes can’t seriously be this shallow in their analysis.

DreamShook, RayRay10 and Rocket River like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC is always sold out tho...

people are just late or don’t show up...

it could be Lebron instead of Harden and TC will still have empty seats unless Bron Only Fans got money for club seats and will be in their seats instead of in the lounges or wherever

death, taxes, and empty seats at TC

Deckard and DreamShook like this.
  8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Toyota Center is routinely close to sold out, it's just the people who own those tickets aren't turning up

DreamShook likes this.
  9. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Man... who are these clowns? Utter garbage. I guess anyone can have a youtube channel these days.
    I'm going to set up a video camera and record myself taking a giant $hit on post it on youtube. I wonder how many followers I can get.

DreamShook and BaselineFade like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess they probably put Lillard higher on their list

Rocket River
    Cause literally no one else is

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why even post this trash here?

malakas likes this.
  12. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Worst video of all time. Makes Max, Skip etc look smart.

I'm so much dumber for watching it and shame on anyone who supports those fools.

jcf likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Wow, I can only assume they haven’t watched any of the games as of late. Hearing people talking with such language really lessens their credibility. They had “some” validity but overall just hate speech. If he is not top 5 and still having this run just makes it even sweeter. Harden can drop a triple double in a half so if he not their pick he is still mine. (top 5 or not)

14. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

China. Unless our top 5 TV rating is just from US viewers, in which case...no clue. :p

15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Nielson ratings only take into account the US, it's why Toronto always performs poorly in such measurements.

I think the China effect is WAY overstated, Yao hasn't played a meaningful basketball game in nearly a decade.

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

They named their followers the “a$$hole army” which says a lot about them.

I imagine they struggle to breathe without opening their mouths.

17. payaso

payaso Member

Been done already... see Trump, Donald J.

<<MODS, please forgive the scatological political hit in a forum other than the Hangout>>

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People just want to see Harden lose. They hate Harden yet they can't stop talking about him and watching him draw fouls.

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  19. jsingles

jsingles Member

11 minutes?!?! Shoot, I can either

1) Watch this

or

2) Have sex 6 times

Gee, which one do I pick?!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

OP must be the creator of this video hunting for views.
    You have a long way to go to reach SAS.

And sorry I didnt click on your link :(