1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline General Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Will Anthony Davis get traded by 7 February

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

75.7%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

This trade season may involve the best player traded since Kareem.
    Other potential players to be moved Gasol, Conley, Mirotic, Randle, Griffin, Robin Lopez, Love
    Chriss(lol)

Discuss

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You mean, since Harden. :)

3. malakas

malakas Member

Lol .Well I meant best players when traded but youre right .

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maker......

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Technically Harden wasn't traded in the February deadline though. Guys like Harden, CP3, even LeBron (to Miami) were all traded in the off-season. The February trade deadline is a different animal.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Neither was Kareem. He was traded in July.

ghettocheeze, Louka, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah he will be packaged with someone like Snell or Middleton or not traded its my prediction.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I am going to be very curious to see what these teams do:

Memphis, Washington and the Pelicans do.

All three teams have the possibility to make trades that could change the complexion of the 2019 playoffs.

The Grizzlies have two players that could make a huge difference in Gasol and Conley.
    Both are borderline star contributors and one of them landing on a team like Houston, San Antonio, Milwaukee or Utah could change the post season fate of everyone in the West.

Washington also have a lot of pieces like Ariza, Beal and Morris that ultimately are difference makers in a competitive league.

The Pelicans have the most potential to change the landscape with Davis, Holiday, Mirotic and Moore. If even 3 of those names are moved, we will likely see a team in limbo like SA or NY make a real push to towards the top.

The last one that I keep hearing noise about is Detroit and the possibility of them tearing it down and moving their top players.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I believe the Wizards will be more buyers than sellers. They are only two games behind the playoffs and their owner said they will never tank while hes around.

saleem likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, but where do the Rockets fit in all this? Who we after? Who we gonna get? Come on, Nook, don't be a tease! :p

Conley for us? No. Gasol? Unlikely. Maybe Randle (no D, great O), but the New Orleans train wreck might not be so quick-to-arrive as that in "The Fugitive" (20 minutes into the movie and CRASH!) Davis might not get moved until the summer, so the rest of the team might remain in place, maybe.

Beal and Morris would be a great get but what's the price.

Detroit needs to admit the futility of its construction and blow it up but who knows what they'll actually do.

Speaking of trainwrecks. John Wall gets hurt and they win more without him. Good thing he's getting a supermax starting next season.

jboslett and ramotadab like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't know if Washington can actually be buyers without trading Beal or my favorite Hoya, Otto Porter. Porter has a small market (e.g. contending team that has players to spare in a trade, in need of a starting 3&D guy). They should move on from Wall and take on bad a few bad contracts.

To Detroit for Reggie Jackson and filler?
    To Cleveland for Thompson and filler?
    To Orlando for Fournier and filler?

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They still have Valunciuans they can include the a trade for AD...

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True, but Ibaka has more trade value than him. Jonas is a pretty good big though.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm going with "yes" cause i expect someone will try to make a big offer while Ainge is limited.

#16 Vivi, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Not just Boston, but the Pels should also wait because depending on what pick they get the Knicks could have some very valuable trade pieces to work with.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Guess on who Houston will land if anyone?

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Anthony Davis is the best player made available in trade talks since, ironically enough, Chris Paul back in 2011. I think looking back at what the Lakers and Clippers offered for him gives us a good idea at what AD is worth.

The Lakers/Rockets offered: Kevin Martin (efficient 20PPG scorer), Lamar Odom (recent 6MOY), Luis Scola (high-end role player), Goran Dragic (talented young PG), and the 2012 NYK first round pick (16th overall).

The Clippers: Eric Gordon (young 22PPG scorer), Al-Farooq Aminu (young defensive wing), Chris Kaman (decent role player), and the 2012 MIN first round pick (10th overall)

For AD, a year Paul's junior at their respective sweepstakes, I'd expect the offers to either eclipse or surpass these hauls. Some potential offers that mirror in value the ones for Paul:

LAL- Kyle Kuzma (Young efficient 20PPG-ish scorer), Brandon Ingram (young defensive wing), Zubac/Ball (potential high-end role players), and two of their future FRPs as their picks would be out of the lotto

BOS- Jayson Tatum (Young efficient 20PPG-ish scorer), Jaylen Brown (young wing), one of Marcus Morris or Terry Rosier, and the Grizzlies FRP

TOR- Pascal Siakam (MIP candidate), OG Ananouby (defensive wing), and one of Jonas Valanchunas or Serge Ibaka, and two of their future FRPs

(EDIT) MIL- Khris Middleton (Efficient 20PPG-ish scorer), Sterling Brown (Defensive Wing), Brook Lopez, DJ Wilson, and 2 of their future firsts.

HOU (why not)- Clint Capela (best player right now of any offered), Eric Gordon (high-value role player), 3-4 future FRPs as all of them would be well out of lotto range if AD stays long term

Obviously, BOS can up their deal way higher than the example above, winning any potential bidding war provided AD remains in NO until July.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I speculated on this in another thread and wanted to bring it here too as well.

If Boston wants to maximize its options for AD, they might need to trade Rozier and Morris for a player(s) and contract(s) that extend beyond next season. Right now, Rozier (RFA) and Morris (UFA) can't be used in any AD trades. So for that reason, I think there is a chance they could be moved.

Basically "the move before the move" type of deal.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.