1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/27/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oh, I agree with you. 100%. Especially in the east.

Bill said something close to the end of the game as well. Thats why I called you Bill. Of course, Clyde had to ruin it by opening his mouth and saying something stoopid.

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

For $35 million?

[​IMG]

;)

3. SORF

SORF Member

You can see that CP3 is back...our assists are up at 20. We haven't had 20 assists for weeks.

Remlap, D-rock, saleem and 9 others like this.
  4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Took my roommate and her cousin from Australia to the game, and he went wild at the end there. I'm so glad he got to experience a RED ROCKET win!

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

They have talent, but they have also a lot of holes and one way players...Vuc can score in multiple ways but he's Kanter on defense, Isaac can't shoot and should play the 4 going forward, Fournier and DJ are weak/small and bad defenders, they lack a true pg...Gordon (which is probably their best passer) is the only good two way player they have, but he's not exactly a star or someone you can build around (think about Iguodala when he was in Philly).

They need a player with that potential badly, they should really move Vuc to get something out of him before he expires (assuming there's some sort of good market for him, which is something i'm not sure about), tank and/or try to trade up (by moving Gordon/Isaac) in the draft to get Barrett or a guard with great potential imo.

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha ! I was waiting on you ! Lol

Houstunna and Williamson like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

8. heypartner

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is that James Ennis?

HP3 likes this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Also James Harden might've had the quietest 40 point game I've seen in a while. Like, I don't think anyone was super excited or going nuts (like if Fournier scored 40, for example). We're too spoiled by his greatness--not just Rockets fans, but the entire league.

I also think Harden and Chris Paul were kind of rusty in terms of playing together, especially in the disgusting first quarter, but as the game progressed everything sorted itself out nicely. Paul is a player who has a great sense of game-flow, and those back-to-back threes were potentially game saving.

Also, the Rockets FINALLY closed a team out properly. No craziness this game to shorten my lifespan.

edit: spelling o_O

#910 Roomba, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  11. heypartner

12. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

idk...hapy we won and good but would you all agree that capela is probably more important to this team than chris paul??? I think with Cp we can stand pat maybe a couple wins in a row here and there but I just think defense is our biggest issue and without ariza and luc that role falls squarely on capela this year. I honestly would say our best players are Harden and then Capela followed by CP3/EG. Thoughts???

13. Mr. Space City

$35 million for austin rivers numbers :(

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  14. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Worry about it in the morning, bud.

Remlap, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Roxs-Redemption

I wish I had a chance. :D

BeBreezy likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Could be the next Denver/Milwaukee. Just a coach away.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say it depends on the situation. Chris Paul is a good defender too, just not a rim protector. He disrupted the Magic offense multiple times in the second half and was a key reason we went on the game-winning run. He's a great safety net against late-game collapses.

That said, Capela always plays up to the competition, so when we have to match up against an all-star caliber big his value skyrockets.

Paul is definitely more useful in closing out tight games where we have a slim lead, but Capela can definitely be the more impactful player sometimes.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Only if Chris keeps playing like he's playing now. I dunno whats wrong but he needs to wake up.

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Faried with 5 assists is not bad for a Center. He's fitting in well as a backup with Clint out. A short center for a small ball team.....LOL. Whatever works.
    All I know is 3 wins in a row makes me happy!! Go Rockets!!!!!!

20. Roxs-Redemption