1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo for Ariza AND Wall/Beal?

Sounds like your friend is trying pull a fast one on you. Salary doesn’t work for one.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

There is no reason he’d lie to me.

I didn’t think I needed to write it in my post as I thought it would be clear.. but maybe not. Eric Gordon is being shopped around all over the league. Obviously it would take more than just Gordon to make a trade work.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not saying he is lying to you either. Beal plus Ariza equals 40M. Harden, Capela and Chris aren't going anywhere, so adding approximately 27 M to Gordon's 13-14 M isn't going to work. No one wants Knight even with multiple first rounders for starters.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

He's on a bad team that is going no where. I'm not saying the Wolves want to get rid of him, but no way is he untouchable. He is worth far, far more on the Rockets who are a piece away than on a team outside the playoffs. So in theory the Rockets should be willing to give up more for him than perhaps the Wolves value him. That's how deals get made. An offer they can't refuse.

hakeem94 and Ericonomist like this.
  5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Okay. Disregard.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

I do think that Beal is on the Rockets radar, but we need someone similar to him with more height. Morey will probably try to offer Knight and a protected first rounder for Ariza. The Wizards may not agree to that. KCP and a 2nd could work, for the Lakers.

7. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would've to be two separate trades i think, but it's doable on paper.

Knight for Ariza

Gordon, Chriss, Nene for Beal/Wall

Interesting scenario. I wonder how many picks we would've to trade, probably 3/4 for Beal, maybe 1/2 for Wall...

Also not shocking the Rockets are shopping Gordon, he didn't agree to extend his contract and he's going to be expiring next season.

Cdub37 likes this.
  9. jb86

jb86 Member

Rodney Hood or T. Prince is your best move if you want to be cheap. But an Ariza or Tim Hardaway Jr is cool too but obviously more expensive.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I would be shocked if the Wolves made another trade this season.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I kinda agree with this, i can see them trying to move Teague to upgrade the PG position maybe, but i think he has no market and i don't see them moving their pick...and i don't even know what's available as today in the spot tbh, Suns and Magic are also looking to get a PG but seems like there's not much available...i mean, Rozier? Not sure he's worth it, Kemba i guess, but they would've to overpay and he's expiring with teams like Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Nets having cap space...huge risk, Conley i guess might be a good target for them, maybe Wall lol, but they can do that during the summer.

DM'sVP likes this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I didn’t think about them going after Conley. That would be interesting but I think it’s very unlikely. With everything that has gone on with that team this season they are probably gun shy about making any major moves.

Vivi likes this.
  13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Trey Burke is being shopped for a 2nd round pick and we should jump on that immediately. We have no legitimate backup ballhandler for Harden and Paul

14. do work son

do work son Member

I’d be interested in Knight, Chriss, and a 1st for Tristan Thompson and Rodney Hood.

Maybe the knicks would part with Noah Vonleh for a 2nd.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Chucker that plays zero defense, Rivers is much better.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets would receive picks if EGo for Wall. Wall's contract is too long and too burdensome.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i mean, i'm not really a fan of Wall, and that contract is really bad, i'm with you here, i just assume in terms of value the trade would be something like this:

Knight + 1st for Ariza

Gordon + Chriss + Nene/Ennis for Wall

...cause it seems Wall is a favourite of the owner, and considering the fact that their pick is likely a lottery one, i don't really see them give up Wall and the pick, i think they'd rather move Beal and get picks, and tbh, makes more sense for them too if they get back Gordon since he's a SG like Beal. Gordon and Beal together would be kinda odd, on the other hand Wall and Gordon are a great fit on paper.

18. saleem

Rivers is doing a good enough job. I would have jumped on Trey Burke if we had only Knight and MCW.

19. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about we help San Antonio tank and rebuild. LaMarcus Aldridge for Knight and Chriss + picks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Philly radio has been pushing this.

hakeem94 likes this.