1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Bruno Caboclo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not confident Bruno can help long term. I was just saying *IF* they liked him, they could add him once the roster is cleaned up a bit.

Bruno "looks the part" of a player that could fit into today's NBA. But I am not convinced he can put it all together. I haven't shut the door on it...but am leery.

saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think he is making some progress in the G-League, but he has to work very, very hard in order to make it in the NBA as a useful role player. He has to take things very seriously. Nene can only do so much to guide him.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think The Rockets may have some foresight regarding Bruno and MCW. MCW problem has always been scoring and I don't think the 3 pointer he hit the other night is a coincidence. They have been working with him on his shoot, similar to when we got Pat Beverley. And from looking at Bruno's 2018-2019 stats, he is shooting 44% from 3 point range and they had him playing the PF position next to Hardenstien, which is where I think he needs to be playing. He's a PF not a C.

Mine you I think both players have to show more improvement but I think if The Rockets can't find a trade before the deadline, look for both or one of these players to get some PT after the deadline. We are getting killed on the boards and we need some players with length.

We are starting three undersized players; Gordon, CP3 and Tucker.

carib, eman and BigShasta like this.
  4. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Bruno's first game for MEM
    28 Minutes / 11PTS / 3/4 3P% / 4 REBs

CHRISS Career for HOU
    0/ 0PTS/ 0/0 3P%/ 0 REBs

D-rock, carib, donkeypunch and 2 others like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nope...

First game for Memphis, he played 8 minutes and went 0-4 from the field, 0-3 on three pointers.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Technically his 2nd game. He went 0-4 the first game, but I bet your point. I want to see him keep it up though before I get mad about it. Somehow Chriss managed to have multiple 20 plus point games on bad team in Phoenix so I was tricked into thinking he’d thrive here rebounding and catching lobs and we see how that’s turned out.

D-rock likes this.
  7. bobrek

And...I don’t know why you posted falsehoods about Chriss’s career numbers in Houston. You could have made the same point (he has sucked) and posted his real numbers.

saleem, mikol13, carib and 2 others like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cause this isnt the Astros forum where everything is taken literally. The Zeros drive the point across in a humorous way.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not as dramatic.

It always seems guys on new teams play well for a week or two before sliding back to their typical numbers. Exhibit one: Austin James Rivers

10. bobrek

Oh...I didn’t realize I was supposed to laugh

saleem likes this.
  11. Roxs-Redemption

It's a pity we didn't give him a longer chance. Forgot how long his wingspan is until I saw this clip

D-rock likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good for him. We need someone who is more experienced and physically nasty, like another Faried.
    I'm all for player development though. That's how Capela became a success.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It's okay, it's allowed here.

saleem likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

?what was even the point of developing him if we are going to let another team sign him?

ApacheWarrior, D-rock and kevtse like this.
  15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets barely gave him a chance. They are so impatient with developing players it’s a shame considering they are one of the oldest teams in the league.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

we got no time for cobocolco, hes not going to be playing minutes for us down the stretch no point In keeping him. Memphis he can play free no pressure.

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Toronto is the team that developed him then gave up on him. Toronto has a great track record developing young talent too.

Rockets had him for a summer.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fans want the Rockets to be equal parts patient developing players AND impatient bringing in players so Harden's prime isn't wasted. Morey should demand a trade.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, you guys want everyone. There's only so many roster spots. (They have one spot open.)

Sign Danuel House! (at the Rockets price)
    It's a shame James Nunnally had to be waived! Re-sign Nunnally!
    Sign Bruno!
    Sign all these potential buyout candidates in the next few weeks!