1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

free throws, free throws, free throws

for sixers

edit: wrong thread. i miss house.

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Rockets actually need House because Ennis is straight up recycling plastic.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

House is loling at the Rockets right now

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

#FreeDanuelHouse

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm sure he could play center. :D

6. acruz2

acruz2 Member

Ennis has been a big disappointment!!!!

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

House won this battle. Morey's ego is huge. Let's shutdown the government

elmotsangtt likes this.
  8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

can House play center?

D-rock likes this.
  9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ennis, Gordon are unstable. If house can accept the low offer, try to give him a last chance. Harden needs some strong partner for help. I don't think we can get any good small forward before the trade deadline. Who breaks our small forward, who needs to fix the loophole

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

And i'm loling at who thinks we win this game with House ;)

Remlap and D-rock like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DNP - Foot Corn

"For now, the Rockets' loss is the Vipers' gain (once House gets over the corn on his foot that kept him out.)"

D-rock, cbs1507 and heypartner like this.
  12. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

You sure about that?

13. jcf

jcf Member

Or, just convert. I get that Morey is (hopefully) seeing how this plays out and hope that we can get House locked up on the minimum. But, we could get Harden help now if we chose to convert without throwing millions at him.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Lmfao!!!! He’s been out so long I forgot the damn mans name.

Blackjack84 and Remlap like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Danuel "Foot Corn" House

That cant be a legit injury.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

man i just came to know House wanted a one year deal, just give him the one year deal, if he is real good, he will get his money anyway, giving him 3 years guaranteed money is also a gamble anyway, what's the difference.... he might be just on a Jeremy Lin run or he might be better, but if he don't get more games nobody will know.... if I am Morey, i will give him that one year deal he wanted, and see what happens...

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He has high probability of being a good trade piece to offset any risks.

It's a "Prudent, Future-looking Action"​

If Morey can lock him up, showcase him with Harden in the playoffs, futher prove (if not increase) his value, then he can be packaged with dead weight in the summer as the value-add piece to dump salary...just like a future pick can. Or use in a value-add trade, to match higher salaries....like packaging with Gordon, or PJ. And you know basketballholic with start a thread packaging him with Capela...:D

Morey loves trade assets on minimum deals. And he might love that future trade asset enough to up his offer, if he has any MLE left, later.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

edit--double post

#1258 heypartner, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  19. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Berman reporting Nunnally's agent floating possible return to Rockets. I think this heaps more pressure on House to sign 3-year with Rockets, otherwise if Nunnally resigns that likely end Rockets pursuit of House.

D-rock, Deuce and Vivi like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not much of a mystery now that Morey has basically stated they are looking to use picks to upgrade the wing.

No doubt House is better than Ennis, Clark and Green. But he is not better than someone worth multiple first round picks that Rockets are looking to trade for.

Paul
    Gordon
    Harden
    PJ
    Capela

Rivers
    Faried/Nene

There is one full time rotation spot left for a wing in an 8 man rotation, and that goes to whoever we are looking to trade for. At best House is fighting with Green, Ennis and Clark over a situational 9th man spot of at best 15 mpg.

For someone like that it is simply not worth compromising the Rockets bargaining position for all future 2 way players. If the Rockets are forced to convert House to allow him to get paid next year, why wouldn't every successful 2 way player do the same in the future? So when the Rockets invest their time and money into these players, they either do not work out and thus a waste of resources which is the vast majority of cases , or rarely they do work out and due to the Rockets tax situation they won't have the ability to retain them. It is a lose lose proposition and shuts down an entire avenue of talent acquisition.

The protocol for 2 way players is simple. Really no matter what they do in a 45 day span is not enough sample size to warrant a huge investment. What they can show is enough promise for the Rockets to invest basically a first round pick type 3 year contract in them. It is during this contract that there is enough sample for them to build a body of work to warrant a contract reflective of their true worth. There are exceptions to the rule and you would have to show something truely exceptional to break from this protocol. I don't believe House has done that, so therefor the Rockets are rightly sticking to their guns.

#1260 CXbby, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    dlite316, Vivi, saintja2 and 3 others like this.