1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you really believe Kenneth Faried will make a difference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Harden, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Will he have a positive impact on this team?

1. Yes-He's been in a bad situation for quite sometime

2. No-He's washed up like Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yup. hes gonna be our new muscle

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

100%

There are fans that follow the NBA and know what Faried can and cannot bring and there are people who casually watch basketball that are basing their expectations/hopes on something that's not reality.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Wow.. how insulting for you even to compare the two when it comes to fouling.

There is a big difference between the two. Faried averages 2.5 fouls per 25 minutes, that is his career average. Hartenstein averages 2 fouls per every 8 minutes.

One of those players, if they played the whole game, wouldn't foul out. That is Faried. The other player would foul out before even getting to 25 minutes.

So by the time Faried meets his average of 2.5 fouls in his 25 minutes.. Hartenstein would have already fouled out with 6.

Yes, Faried got 4 fouls in 23 minutes yesterday. 2 of them were incorrect calls in my opinion, but whatever.. They weren't bad ticky tack fouls that Hartenstein gets, they were mostly blocking or looseball. I can live with those fouls.

Don't get me wrong, I like Hartenstein. However, he still has a way to go to get accustomed to the speed of the game. I believe he will get there eventually. He has the heart and hustle. However, he is unplayable as a player early in the game right now. WHen he comes out, he is leaving his subs in a bad spot. You don't want your team to get into the penalty, and then you don't want to give free throws. This basically makes him a garbage time player right now: only to be played when we have a significant lead or are losing badly and need a desperate spark off the bench.

#123 Realjad, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    D-rock, Streets 01 and YOLO like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he'll be as bad as Melo, but he hasn't been a good rotation player in years so not too optimistic.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, he also hit a 3ball last night, HUGE difference...he can even play WITH Capela and spell PJ.

DD

Ketchup&Mustard and ak99999 like this.
  6. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Yes, as soon as Capela gets back, i think Faried will be sharing more time at PF to help give PJ a break.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Scrub. Tries hard though.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Faried is a real NBA player. Rockets desperately need bodies out there other than just 2-way contracts and garbage players.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That’s was the 4th made 3 of his entire career.

14.8%

I’d be surprised if he made 1 more the rest of the year.

Provides 0 spacing.

BasketMAD and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He hasn't played in two years but he has been in the NBA to witness the changes knowing he would need to work on his shot in hopes to receive significant minutes. Had to be hard being near family with them coming to games not being able to see him play, but I'm sure he used all of this as motivation to work on his shot. I hope I didn't ruin the surprise.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

He'll be really good but needs to play with a lot of aggression due to his lack of height especially on the defensive end.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Hes going to be perfect here, however, to guard embiid on your first game is a huge task.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

skipped the middle part of this thread so I'm coming into this part of the conversation late. but I agree with you on the Hartenstein comparison. There's no comparison, really . . . Faried is a veteran and a pro, Hartenstein is 20 years old and still learning.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. varughese.arun

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kenneth Faried

Strengths - Jumping ability, high energy, high effort

Weaknesses - Ability to play basketball

jordnnnn likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You're being coy here, but I would contend you could easily use that list to fit a number of successful NBA players. Clint Capela comes to mind, if not DJ and many others.

The strengths listed are why I think his defense could improve under the right leadership. Is he going to break the NBA? No, but I think he could definitely help us out if he buys into our philosophy.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

He doesn't translate well to the new NBA style of play but for us he is a great off the bench small ball 5. Better than the crap we've had so far.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i though he mostly did fine job on defense last night
    sometimes ppl justs score on you regardless of what you do

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

For a guy who hasn't practiced with the Rockets, hasn't had any time with Jeff B, coming into guarding Embiid, he did a great job.

BamBam, Red.Glare and hakeem94 like this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I and everyone paying attention would be absolutely blown away if he comes out knocking down 3s. He’s just never had any kind of shooting touch.

I just can’t see a situation where he is ever sharing the floor with Clint.

D-rock likes this.