1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2019.

1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Hey other teams- did y'all see that dunk from Chriss? Cool right?!? Now please trade for him.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Trade(s). This is not a freaking Titanic with nothing out there that can save us.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think Knight is still injured, and rusty. If he goes in and gets injured we holding onto that sht contact for another year.

4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Was Brandon Knight a healthy DNP coach decision? Because the espn app says that. If so that’s pretty stupid.

5. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Well the WLWL trend continues, on the bright side at least it has not been a continuous losing streak.

Houstunna, Remlap and BeBreezy like this.
  6. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

Harden needs to get his teammates involved early. He can get his shot whenever but have to get your team going, stop being selfish.

Gordon and Rivers have no chemistry playing together. Gordon should let Rivers handle the ball more while he works to get open.

Remlap and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed that some guys b**** no matter what

Personally I would have liked to see hartenstein up for the game .

I dunno why he hasn't gotten a chance vs these bigger players . He's got a good motor and he's 7 feet .

Remlap, MC31B and HP3 like this.
  8. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

We have to play with the personnel we have though. Faried was our best big man option so it is what it is. We knock down 3s and we are a completely different team.

Remlap likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I like Brewer, but I feel like he really only plays his best agaisnt us haha...I dont think he woulda been too good a signing.

hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

This game was a travesty and an insult to the basketball fan. The officials allowed it to get out of control...badly officiated. I hate to say this, but Westbrook is correct, Embid is out of control.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I hope the Sixers sign Brewer and he gets regular minutes in the playoffs for them.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If brewer tried that **** against the warriors he would have been thrown out of the game

hakeem94, Remlap, BasketMAD and 5 others like this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Not our night

Roomba and bj3175 like this.
  14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Now that the game is over, I think we can all put this sh*t behind us and move on to the next one.

I know that everyone not named James Harden was completely horrible today, but I don't expect a repeat of this against the Knicks.

We can find a million reasons why we struggled, but ultimately it's not up to us to make the adjustments so all we can do is sit back and enjoy the James Harden Show until Capela, CP3 and possibly Danuel House are back.

Once Kenneth Faried is a bit more used to the Rockets plays, he'll be a great sparkplug for the team. It might take a bit of time, though.

I wonder what we're getting back for the Melo trade?

hakeem94, IvanLCPM, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

He should come back now after this game. I said alot during the game thread but just Faried, is not gonna cut it and he should come back.
    Hartenstein should help with rebounding, if we use him in traditional pick and roll defense, i think it can work.

Im more concerned with perimeter and transition defense...man we are terrible at it.

hakeem94, snowconeman22 and Roomba like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

jfc, did you even watch the game? Everyone else was bricking 3s. Eric Gordon hit 2 3s early, and Harden was distributing, but no one else was hitting. The team was 2-14 at one point.

Harden = 6-13 from 3, 12-26 overall.
    Rest of team = 5-29 from 3,19-60 overall.

Honestly, what the hell do you want him to do?

I usually don't call out other posters / posts, but please be smarter when posting. Don't make yourself look stupid.

split41, IvanLCPM, adw and 4 others like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

If we are gonna get slaughtered on the boards night in and night out, we might as well keep iHart with the team so can get NBA reps ( if D’Antoni ever put him in). Faried needs to get in game shape so hell yes play him. Chriss is trash.
    Hartenstein is big and he hustles. They need to play him.

MC31B likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He can be annoying. But he's also a Harden fan and a Westbrook agitator, so I won't hold too much animosity against him until we play them in the finals or something

MC31B likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey needs to be held responsible for this nightmare season.

All his signings before the season started were busts. Ennis, Carmelo, MCW, overpaying an injury prone CP3.

Morey often makes claims that Harden is the best scorer of all time yet you surround him with garbage and injury prone players.

D12 and CP3 are both the injury prone players Morey paid for after sawing first hand what injuries does to a franchise in Yao and T-Mac.

If Harden wasn't built so durable and lucky with injuries, we would've been a lottery/mediocre team for many years now.

MrSabotage, split41 and BigShasta like this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not really. It was too easy for them to score and too damn hard for us to score. Also on the road. It’s not the threes that didn’t fall, it’s really about the strategy. Yes we are short handed in the front, but I was turned off that D’Antoni doubled down in the second half without starting Nene. We got absolutely murdered in the opening minutes in the second half. Fairies played good tonight, but that was too late.