1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scottie Pippen shows T-Mac how to guard the Beard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sushimaster, Jan 15, 2019.

1. wesbound

wesbound Member

Yep, i was insinuating Tmac and other idiotic sports analysis that claims Harden takes 30+ FGA when he only does it for certain nights.
    I know these fools don't watch the game but only highlights when all they say is his defense sucks (this is old news) & he's became more active of defender than before & if you want to call him a shitty defender than it should be mentioned too when talking about the great curry but these ****ers dont' have the balls to say it.
    I know these fools don't watch the game but only highlights when all they talk about is that time harden travel with his double step back 3.
    I know these fools don't watch the game but only highlights when these idiots talk like he takes 30+ fga every game.

So much hate, instead of complimenting what Harden is doing.
    So glad harden is killing it on a nightly basis to shut these mofo up all that's left is to get a ring so these fools can all suck it!

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lawd the Harden hate these days...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Didn’t some team just try the make him go right strategy to the extreme? As in the my basically werent even in front of him in any way but rather shading him so he couldn’t go left.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Bruh, I love Harden and respect his game as much as anybody, but... what are you smoking? The double stepback is a travel... at least the one play everyone's always talking about in these videos is. But that's the problem, it's just the one play.

Harden's stepback in general is obviously not a travel.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd like to see Mr. Scottie do this live.

Since he's still so confident in his defensive prowess and IQ.

6. omgTHEpotential

Can someone pull up Harden's stats against Kawhi Leonard (a comparable defender to Pippen)? Pretty sure it doesn't look good for Kawhi, nor would it look good for Pippen.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If I were picking 5 guys from NBA history -- any 5 guys -- to go out on the court, in their athletic prime, and play a game in today's NBA, I'd put Pippen in that group. LeBron, Jordan, Bird, Garnett, and Pippen. Five guys who can defend on switches, pass, score, shoot from distance, and rebound. Pippen's public behavior about Barkley and the Rockets was inexcusable. But the dude was fantastically talented.

8. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I think Pippen is right. Forcing Harden into a big center that just stands there with his hands straight up forces Harden to have to acrobatically lay it up, pass to a roller (chance for turnover), or force the refs to make a charge/block/no call would be great against Harden.

There were many times when Harden drives into a lane, makes contact with a standing defender, and doesn't get a call. It bothers Harden mentally as well when he doesn't get the calls.

9. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Here is some more old school nba heads in rex chapman and sam mitchell talking about to defend James Harden from last year.. cant believe i never saw this video

my question is why is there an emphasis from all these sports media outlets on trying to give a vlueprint on how to stop harden, i think its because they know deep down he is the most unguardable player in the game today

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I'm so glad I heard Pippen's point of view

[​IMG]

11. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    If I recall correctly after this shoot with Rex, Sam Mitchell was missing his wallet, two Panoramic TV cameras were missing as well as the green room buffet tray.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Surprised they didn't both quit in the middle of that breakdown.

tinman likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Title should read:
    Scottie Quitten suggests to T-Whack how to guard the Beard

14. SuraGotMadHops

How's that back T-Mac?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's obvious that these guys are no Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley as entertaining NBA personalities

Pippen wouldn't last on the Food Network talking about cupcakes

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Fair assessment, but given their history with the team...

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember Scottie's defense,
    Kobe Bryant destroyed him and we lost to the Lakers, and he blamed rookie Cutino Mobley for the losses

19. today

today Contributing Member

Double stepback? 30 shots? Teams don't try to get the ball out of Harden's hands? Come on guys, do a little research before you shoot a lazy-take segment...

Pippen had a few valid points, but I can't believe they didn't do something like research the way PJ Tucker played defense against Harden when he was in Phoenix, and Marcus Smart to a lesser extent in spurts... being physical is the key to Harden. Beat him up, get into his space, deny him the ball as much as possible when he doesn't have it. We all know that if Harden gets frustrated and tired, there's a point at which he quits exerting energy to get the ball and will push off and get offensive fouls. Then when he does finally get the ball, he jacks up harder shots at a lower shooting percentage and turns the ball over at a higher rate. I saw it twice in the closing minutes of the Orlando game and we've seen it several other times this year in his body language, it's like "well, this game's over" attitude. We used to see it a LOT more before CP3 arrived.

I'm not complaining about Harden, I think he's improved on this issue dramatically over the past 2 years and all nba players get beaten into submission at some point, it's not just Harden.

That said, they could have done a lot more with that segment. I give it a C-, the only saving grace was Pippen's comments to deny the ball and funnel James to the center.

20. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime is the only player on Earth that could stop James Harden.
    If Dream was guarding the Beard one on one, he would stuff Harden azz at the 3 point line.
    If Harden happened to drive by for a layup, Hakeem would chase and swat him from behind like a fly.
    Dream was faster, taller, stronger. Hakeem would do Dreamshakes on Harden all day.

Jake Tower likes this.