1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Short Term Back Up 5 Options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 15, 2019.

?

Who do you like the most?

1. Willie Reed

17 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Bruno Caboclo

14 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Terrence Jones

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Robin Lopez

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. They all suck

44 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Willie Reed - A bit undersized for a 5 but his great leaping ability makes up for it. Played well when he was in Miami as the backup for Whiteside and is averaging 20+11 in the G League.

Bruno Caboclo - Not really a big man but runs the floor very well and has the ability to catch lobs and guard smaller players on the perimeter. He's also shooting 42% from 3 in the G League.

Terrence Jones - Former Rocket who's a great finisher around the rim. He's averaging over 23 points in the G League.

Robin Lopez -
    Veteran center who's been placed on the trading block. His contract is almost identical to Knight's.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Dewayne Dedmon, can catch lobs and space the floor. Would be a great backup for Clint when he comes back as well.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How in the world do you do that? Only trade that works is Chriss/Nene for him and as much as he's the better player, is he worth two players when we're short of players? Also, is he worth a draft pick bc no way Atlanta gifts us the man.

D-rock likes this.
  5. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Joey Dorsey

abaker28, harold bingo and amaru like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't see a lack of skill from Hartenstein. I see lack of a bond between he and Harden. Harden is bonded with Clint, even Nene moreso than Hart...but Hart is perfectly capable of rolling to the rim like Nene does (because Capela's above the rim ability is special, it isn't common even in the best league in the world) if Harden is delivering good passes. Maybe Hart was a step slow or out of place but Harden has to build some chemistry now with him too because they are not getting away with huge dosages of small ball.

I think the answer is investing one on one time with Harden and Hartenstein. Let them gel and find a comfort level, some communication level where Hart can not only help now but down the road he'll be that much better for it.

Bo6, {icebox425} and jcf like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

ZHOU QIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BRING HIM HOME

roslolian, Tfor3, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Reed did ok for Miami, that's true, but after that season he had some problems, not sure i remember well but probably got arrested for beating his wife, played pretty bad for the Clippers and nobody signed him so...i don't know.

O'Quinn is another guy i would keep an eye on.

Lopez would be good obviously but we would've to trade Knight to Chicago so...Knight plus at least a 1st rounder. Not worth it.

Bruno is not a center imo.

Dedmon would be a good get (would come with early bird rights) but i'm not sure you can get him with a 2nd rounder, and i wouldn't trade a 1st for him obviously.

D-rock, joshuaao and BaselineFade like this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I would give Caboclo another chance. He seems to be thriving as a 3-and-D wing

D-rock likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

if the universe works its magic

imcominghome.JPG

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I would say that Lopez is worth it just to keep him away from Golden State alone. He also brings in boards at a very high rate if I’m not mistaken, something this team is significantly lacking.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotta go with Bruno. Best of a bunch of bad options because we don't lose assets to get him.

If Morey can pull off a trade for someone better than the clowns in OP's list, I'm all for it.

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. macan

macan Member

Zaza! let him go out there and hurt some opponents.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

If I'm a Knicks fan, I'd put my season tickets up for sale. :eek:

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

I would too because the demand for Linsanity Part Deux would be through the roof.

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Perhaps this would come too late to actually help, but I'm still holding out hope that Mavs continue to sour on DeAndre Jordan and he gets bought out, comes to play for his home town. Also playing in Houston rejuvenates him and he players better, because Mavs fans do have good reason to be annoyed with him. Just hasn't tried very hard. Hopefully it's not because he's washed.

joshuaao and DM'sVP like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Knicks fans are smart enough to know that the most insane thing a 30-year-old broken down Jeremy Lin playing for his 7th team is likely to do is go back to his mohawk.

18. steddinotayto

To experience MoHawk Lin for 4 months and letting him walk in the summer to acquire capspace is better than keeping Lee for another year though.

topfive likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually think someone pointed out he ahs been a poor rebounder lately, but not sure how much that's because he plays in a terrible enviroment, coming off the bench with zero motivation...regardles, you make a good point about getting him to prevent him to join the Warriors but:

- if the Bulls are not going to buy him out he's not going there anyway
    - i still don't think we can waste a 1st rounder for a backup player, even if it means unload Knight, but that's just me

20. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

What ever happened to Brandan Wright?

Codman likes this.