1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I might become a dad tomorrow...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You pay for that stuff. Or your insurance does (which indirectly means you do)

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You will NEVER feel love like you do for your child. You just have to experience it to understand. Congrats.

It’s not hard, just help your wife as much as possible. Babies are pretty easy, but feedings every 2 hours feel like they come every 5 minutes. You guys will be tired, but you will find a groove and it will be wonderful.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You’re a dad right now my guy, congrats!

My daughter’s birth was surreal and all a blur. My only advice is to just be present and ALWAYS have time. That’s all that really matters. Take pictures and make smiles, laughs, and memories.

BamBam, daywalker02 and RKREBORN like this.
  4. theimpossibles1

How bout you let him trust the hospital full of baby experts and quit spreading worry.

RKREBORN and DreamRoxCoogFan like this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Her contraction pains are scary and hurtful to watch. They already had to start epidural. They are saying can take up to 14 hours. This is stressful

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

She will get through it. Be supportive and patient. It will all be more than worth it.

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. JayZ750

I’m just answering the thread he started lol.

As a father of four, who hasn’t been through every kind of birth experience he can take my comments however he sees fit.

If they have a good ob not rushing things just to rush things good for them!!

Unfortunately there are a lot of factors working against patients in the hospital system. Not really related, but hospital / medical errors are the third leading cause of death in America. In other words, trust the professionals but be informed.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

you don't know how good you have it until you go to a doctor in a third world.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Epidurals ftw! Every time

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yup they started that ASAP. Still in labor :(

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hang in there. thinking of you and your wife this morning.

daywalker02 and RKREBORN like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hope all goes well. Fingers crossed.

daywalker02 and RKREBORN like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Congrats! My son is a year and two weeks or so.

It's the craziest, most rewarding journey ever. The first few months, it's just little things, but lately it's every little thing.

Him walking or crawling to the door to greet me when I open the garage door, any smile I can get out of him, him grabbing my face or neck for a hug, learning to communicate with him, and him imitatiing me. It's all awesome and a great journey.

My best advice: learn to wing it. It's a ton of learning on the fly and being able to adapt.

RKREBORN and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Going through my wife's delivery (she was induced), which ended in a c section, had me freaking out. Hang in there.

#34 Two Sandwiches, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    RKREBORN likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Kids are awesome. If its a boy, identify all the nearest parks and indoor trampoline parks and get in shape if you're not now because boys wake up on 100 want to play all day and then don't want to sleep at night so you're goingto have to tire him out. If a girl, get a psychology book, spend time with her until she's tired of you, find a median between spoiled rotten and tough love, support her good ideas/ creativity and pay attention. They're awesome, mostly be cognizant of significant moments of consciousness and have patience as much as you can, remember that you were a kid once. Congratulations

RKREBORN and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. DreamRoxCoogFan

I tend to not comment on foolishness but I couldn’t ignore this- this statement is completely false. The third leading cause of death in the US, on the last year that data is available (2017), is accidents (e.g. car crashes, opioid overdoses, falls). Data is available on the CDC website.

——
    Trust your OB and team. And don’t forget about mom once the baby is delivered (most dads get caught up in the moment and accidentally ignore mom). Good luck and try to get rest when you both can!

theimpossibles1 and RKREBORN like this.
  17. JayZ750

Man this stuff isn’t complicated. It’s called the internet.

Hospital error isn’t included in many studies as they don’t really consider it as a “cause of death”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

Plenty more articles like the above.

Trust but verify. Until you’ve personally dealt with situations where medical error or incompetent doctors have impacted you or your family you really have no idea. But logic would point you in the right direction. Doctors are people. Some are idiots. Some don’t care. Some have great reviews but really suck. Etc etc etc.

There’s a particularly gruesome article about a surgeon out of Dallas who had no f’ing clue what he was doing and was effectively mutilating people but nonetheless somehow had good reviews and kept getting hired by hospitals for years. He’s finally serving life in prison.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cou...prisonfor-botched-spine-surgery-dallas-county

That’s quite an outlier obviously but the point is it’s less about outliers Andy more about how the guy just kept right on getting hired for years because of issues with the system.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Dude that’s enough. I get the point you are trying to make and appreciate the effort, but this isn’t d&d. Only positive vibes here please. Take the negativity elsewhere.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll be thinking of you, breh!

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. JayZ750

My bad lol.

And I’m not really trying to make a point. Just responding to people who seem offended.

Like I said you asked for advice. Given. The birth process is a great and can be amazing. But it’s a highly complex medical procedure so be smart. My wife is allergic to iodine/Advil yet they still tried and give it to her on a regular basis despite it being very clear lol. Just the way it is.

Or use all the diapers you can and take some home in your bag too...!!

Lol.

Best of luck! Positive vibes (didn’t seem that was the point when you started it but positive vibes!)