1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump's flailing, desperately. And President Obama lives rent-free in that peanut inside trump's head...

amaru likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

So, along with saying trump wasn't up to the job of president...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

No US gang would make it back alive. Next time you have a thought, make it a good one.

amaru likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

We already have enough politicians looking the other way regarding gang activity. The last thing we need to do is to encourage and legitimatimize destructive organizations. We don’t need another Operation Underworld.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's foolish. Conducting raids into Mexico was once a proud American tradition, they'd be even better at it now if we brought it back.

Sure, but that's gang activity here, if it happens elsewhere, it's not our problem. In fact, it would encourage Mexico to work with the US when it comes to the border. Kind of sounds like a win-win, we'd have less gang activity in the US and we'd bring Mexico to the table. There have been many successful deals struck between the US government and organized crime in our history.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Or they become more powerful and bring an increase level of violence and sophistication back to the US. I’m familiar with it being done before.

It’d probably piss of Mexico and our allies to see the US export it’s crime for an outside shot at a wall

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unlikely. If you allow a legal path, people will usually take it. It's a hell of a lot more profitable to work with the US government than to work against them. As to pissing off Mexico, that's the point. Right now they have no incentive to work with the US towards border security, I'm proposing we give them an incentive. If US criminals are running across the border and raiding into Mexico, it wouldn't take long before Mexico would seek to prevent that from happening.

8. amaru

amaru Member

No thought to how the rest of the world would view something so obvious ?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. Does Mexico care about how the rest of the world might view them doing essentially the same right now? Why should the US? What is anyone going to do about it?

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The stalemate also highlights the distance, at least in language, between Kelly and Trump over the president’s signature promise — to build a wall.
    “To be honest, it’s not a wall,” Kelly said.

When Kelly led Homeland Security in early 2017, one of his first steps was to seek advice from those who “actually secure the border,” Customs and Border Protection agents who Kelly calls “salt-of-the-earth, Joe-Six-Pack folks.”
    “They said, ‘Well we need a physical barrier in certain places, we need technology across the board, and we need more people,’” he said.
    “The president still says ‘wall’ — oftentimes frankly he’ll say ‘barrier’ or ‘fencing,’ now he’s tended toward steel slats. But we left a solid concrete wall early on in the administration, when we asked people what they needed and where they needed it.”

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

When the country was first founded, the only people who could vote were property holders. This was because taxes were mainly/mostly imposed on property. There was no national income tax.

Thus, the only people who could vote were those who were net property holders/net taxpayers. I would advocate a return to such a system (could be net taxpayers rather than property holders).

Otherwise, we have the situation we now have, where people are voting themselves other people’s money. And, we cannot escape this phenomenon in a democratic system.

So, let’s take your statement: why would someone come after my franchise? I would need to know that before I got excited about it. If it was because we were restricting the vote to net taxpayers – and somehow, I was no longer a net taxpayer – then I would be fine with it.

If I wasn’t fine with it, I would find a way to become a net taxpayer again.

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

When the country was first founded, the only people who could vote were property holders. This was because taxes were mainly/mostly imposed on property.

Thus, the only people who could vote were those who were net taxpayers. People who actually contributed to the system. I would advocate a return to such a system (could be net taxpayers rather than property holders).

Otherwise, we have the situation we now have, where people are voting themselves other people’s money. And, we cannot escape this phenomenon in a democratic system.

So, let’s take your statement: why would someone come after my franchise? I would need to know that before I got excited about it. If it was because we were restricting the vote to net taxpayers – and somehow, I was no longer a net taxpayer – then I would be fine with it.

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

When the country was first founded, the only people who could vote were property holders. This was because taxes were mainly/mostly imposed on property.

Thus, the only people who could vote were those who were net taxpayers. People who actually contributed to the system. I would advocate a return to such a system (could be net taxpayers rather than property holders).

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Everyone knows them Messicans are growing the fentanyl poppy and sending that stuff over the border with little kids to deliver to Stringer Bell.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

LOL at trump defenders that continue to believe trump's lies...

16. NewRoxFan

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and youre a dumpster fire full of nonsense!

by yours and trumps standards i could proclaim here on clutchfans that im going to make you buy my car for $500,000. and if you do not agree to buy it then you are, by your own definition, a "deadbeat"!

and then im going to tell the clutchfans community that they must buy my car for $500,000...and if they complain about it and say that they dont want the car then im going to throw a trumpertantrum and try to get clutchfans shut down.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dems can definitelty prove how stupid walls are.

First, Obama has a wall around his house. So do other dems. Should they put their money where their mouth is and take them down? I think so because walls are stupid and don't work.

Other ideas they have that they should spearhead includes getting rid of guns (yes hyperbole but they certainly do seem like that). Since guns are bad, they shouldn't have security that is armed. People don't kill people... guns do.

Also how about they start at home with their wealth distribution ideas and refugee assistance. Bernie could spare a few of his mansions. Hilary could let a syrian refugee sleep in one of her guest bedrooms at the very least.

19. NewRoxFan

Geez, now regurgitating trump's inane house wall analogy. And then strawmanning gun control arguments? You are so lost...

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

His point is valid.