1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 12/29/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2018.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Dodged a bullet - Brothers and Foster are reffing the games immediately below ours on referee assignment - although we have won the last two games with Brothers as head ref.
    I think all the refs go out of the way to stop Harden whenever they can because of all of the whining by GS, SA and others. He is so smart and is constantly coming up with new moves that have never been seen before but at the same time take advantage of the rules in place. His latest is figuring out how to get fouled on his 3 point attempts. I noticed last game he got fouled 3 maybe 4 times on his 3 point attempts. I could not see what he did different but no doubt the NBA refs are already meeting about it to figure out a way to take that move as well away from Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't believe Mirotic is playing and that is BIG as he KILLED the Rockets in the last game with his range shooting.

Obviously AD and Randle killed the Rockets inside. But now that we smartened up and changed our defense away from switching against teams like the Pelicans...lets see how we look now. Lets see if Capela can keep up his strong play with rebounding.

Moore off the bench hasn't been good for the Pelicans but he has killed the Rockets in the past.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Good news about Mirotec. Also, Davis played over 40 minutes last night so maybe he won't be as unstoppable against us as he normally is.

5. macan

macan Member

that's one handsome dude right there

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

They switched him to be outside.

hakeem94 and shvedsucks like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Austin Rivers revenge game

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Sometimes teams just match up terribly with another team. Even if overall the losing team of this match up is the better team.

That is Pelicans and Rockets.

Even though there are many teams MUCH MUCH better than the Pelicans, out of all the teams and all the match ups in the NBA, I believe the Pelicans are our toughest opponent.

hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Don't... play.... switching defense on AD. For the Love of God.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mirotic is officially out as expected.

11. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Zach Zarba, Mark Lindsay, and Scott Wall are a combined 8-1 against the spread when the home team in a small underdog

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Facing the real Harden, not some impostor from the Mavs. Brow ain't going to get 40 on the Rockets, but I bet Harden will get 40 on the Pelicans.

13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

What I’ve noticed is that after his step back he jumps slightly forward jump on his jumper and lands in the space that is technically meant for the defender but it’s really hard to catch......

The eye is trained to believe that the step back equates fader but in Hardens case it doesn’t because of his footwork..... the defenders are actually playing correct defense but James is eating up their space after he jumps.... it’s genius by him and I think this is gonna take a while before anyone actually catches on to this one....

The man is a savant.... and all these moves really dispel the narratives of him partying too much... this is study work, you just can’t come up with these things without it.....

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Soneca

Soneca Member

Sorry to disagree, but the defender jumps forward too, so it doesn't really matter James is jumping a bit forward himself. There must be room for him to land, unless the defender is set or jumps straight upwards, otherwise it's a foul, plain and simple. But it must be so frustrating for the defender, that I can believe. His footwork is a work of art.

heypartner and don grahamleone like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Tis’ the season to be reboundy Capelalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaa

16. don grahamleone

Tis’ the season to be reboundy Capelalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaa

You said technically. Can you show me the rule in the nba rule book that alludes to a defender’s right to a space they weren’t in during a shot being taken?

I think you made this up so I’m calling you out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i would think if the offensive player leaves his feet to jump and is already in the air, the defender must then accomodate his space to land regardless of direction (as long as the offensive player doesn't just land where the defender was already previously "set")

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Darius Miller being out is ideal. He always goes crazy shooting against us.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Kind of an important game. We need to finish 2018 strong. We start 2019 @ GS, @Por, Denver and Milwaukee.