1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Dec 26, 2018.

1. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

draymond green is not a big baller!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond Green: I Just Haven't Really Been Myself

Draymond Green reflected on his current slump and admitted he hasn't been playing to his typical standards.

Green said he will be more aggressive on offense.

“My defender is going to have to pay,” Green said. “Whatever action I’m in, I’m going to start lighting their a— up. And that don’t just mean scoring, by the way. I ain’t been doing me. I ain’t been playmaking like I can. I ain’t been scoring when I get the opportunity. I ain’t been rebounding like I can. I ain’t been defending like I can. I just haven’t really been myself.

“Everyone’s looking at the scoring, and I don’t really look at that. Yeah, I got to be more aggressive on the offensive end, but I just got to be me all-around. I haven’t really been that.”

Green is shooting 40.7 percent from the field and 22.4 percent (11-for-49) from three-point range.

Vivi likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ummmmm hahaha. 2nd or 3rd?

And nah, Draymond's 3s aren't getting better. When you're practicing every day with the greatest shooter to ever play the game, and another in Klay, and you still are horrendous, you aren't getting better elsewhere. It's not a confidence thing, it's a huge flaw in his game thing.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Draymond will age terribly and anyone who gives him a max is a fool

keep shooting them bricks Dray...his jumper has deteriorated to MCW levels

this guy will be wide open, his defender still inside the paint not even trying to come out there and contest, and he’ll still miss horribly...this dude is lucky he’s been in GS...only reason anyone dared ever mention him as a top 15 player

Blurr#7, hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You also seem to forget Boogie was primarily a post scorer and was the centerpiece of his team. Sure Boogie makes a couple of 3s a game, but he doesn't take like 10 threes a game more like 2-3, the rest of his 25-30 pts are through post ups. Will Boogie be content to stand at the 3 pt line waiting for catch and shoot opportunities on a contract year? I don't think so. He would want post ups and that would disrupt GSW offense in the same way Dwight got in the way of Harden.

You also seem to forget Boogie was never a good defensive player and now he is injured so he will be even worse defensively.

What GSW needs is a guy like prime Andrew Bogut, somebody willing to do the dirty work and has versatile skills offensively and defensively. They kinda have that guy now in Jonas Jerebko (Morey why didn't you sign this guy huh instesd we got MCW wtf?!?!?!) Boogie imho only has a very small chance of working out this season. If he stays till next year and they have a chance to work out and get chemistry then we might be in trouble but for this year? Highly unlikely.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you nailed it...and the name that comes to my mind is
    Tony Brothers

clutchdabear, Sajan and BigShasta like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this rate, they’ll be lucky to get Capela, amirite?

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's got some big mouth.

11. basketballholic

Dunno. Don't think they'd want him. I think they'd try to go get another 3&D type myself. Porter, Middleton, Beal, etc.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just curious - - do you ever consider financial realities/ramifications in your takes?

Sajan likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Just curious, do you read? I've talked about the luxury tax, the repeater luxury tax, and salaries, contracts ad nauseam.

hakeem94 and Bids9 like this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The Warriors are still the top team in the league, but things will get *very* interesting when Boogie returns. Who is going to sit in crunch time? How many touches does everyone get?

The problem is that Boogie is a player whose game mimics a player like Melo - coming out of college he was a stud, but the NBA has adjusted and he has not. When he got injured the Pelicans improved for a reason. He needs the ball in his hands, scores off of iso plays, and is not the type of defender who switches well, especially on guards, etc. If the game is in the final minutes, is he going to be content on the bench? If not, will Iggy or Draymond take the bench? Who loses minutes? Jerebko? Jerebko has been perfect for the Warriors. He has fit their system well, is a better 3 point shooter than Boogie and is more athletic on defense. Who loses shots on offense? Is iggy's role going to decline? Klay? Curry? Durant? I dont think this is going to go well, and the Warriors would be wise to learn from our experience with Melo and the cut the experiment short the minute it becomes obvious that they have a square peg that cant fit into their round hole.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I read and what I see are contracts suggested for a GSW team facing down the barrel of 3 possibly 4 maxed out contracts. Adding 25mil/yr for (quality) role players seems beyond the pale, into the ridiculous.

This is why I never expected Porter in TheToyShop despite WWs having motivation for him to be moved here and his fit seemingly really good for said building's tenant.

If TF were worth 13B net then mebbe, just mebbe, he'd get silly; Lacob et al are going to do that in Dubsville?

LFE171 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. basketballholic

If KD walks on them they'd live to have Porter....who is a blend of both Draymond and KD. Gotta think in deeper layers besides just the surface.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good point: you gotta think in deeper layers besides just the surface. It is my strong, rational belief that OP ain't the one they'll pay (near) KD $ to.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Any update on the tanking thing?

11 apg on 1 tov over last 4 games, in less that 30 mpg. And right before the trade deadline. He needs to start screwing up again.

19. basketballholic

It appears they've worked it out. There will be a decision on Feb 7 concerning Durant.

20. basketballholic

KD is looking at 38 million salary next season as a free agent OP/BB, others are significantly less.