1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are watching an all-time great in his Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 16, 2018.

?

are we taking harden for granted

1. No

18.2%
  2. Yes

81.8%
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Your ability to miss the point is approaching Stromile Swift level.

BigMaloe, RyanB and ramotadab like this.
  2. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Your ability to not comprehend a coherent argument is approaching Shaq’s abilities at the free throw line. Stfu with all this nonsense comparing a career for a guy still in his prime but without playoff success to a guy who’s finished his career and won chips. Wait for it to play out some more. Need some chips before we can start comparing.

3. Roxs-Redemption

MVPHARDEN

RyanB and peleincubus like this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Lock for MVP - come on now!

arabrocket likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MVP mode activated

lw17 and arabrocket like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

7. split41

split41 Member

Harden is playing insane lately. Would you rank him as #2 rocket of all time?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Saw aelliott arguing with someone...which means the other person has already lost the argument.

Then I realized aelliott was arguing with someone whose posts I can't see. Clicked on show ignored content...aaaaand...loled.

BigMaloe, Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Quit complaining and ****ing enjoy this ****

BigMaloe and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

The problem wasn't Houston having enough stars... it was getting rid of them for Harden to take off :)

Joe Chee was holding him back

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Unreal what he is doing.

Fingers crossed he has longevity.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think there's a decent chance that by the time Harden retires, we'll say he passed Dream as the greatest Rocket of all-time.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The MVP has entered the chat.

don grahamleone and arabrocket like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is shooting 38% on almost 12 self-created, highly contested threes a game

let Klay or anyone else in the league shoot nothing but Harden threes and see what their percentages would be

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I just want the bro to win one ring with us, just one. Cement himself as truly one of the all time greats.

lw17 likes this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

#2 all time Rocket regardless of whether or not he wins a ring. I'll give him #1 if he can somehow beat Golden State and win a ring with a rapidly deteriorating Chris Paul.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason rebounding is more distributed isn't that there are less bigman in the paint, it's that the nature of offense and defense has changed. The offenses are more complex so big guys can't just hover around the paint to box out. They are pulled out of position more often so the guards and other players have to become rebounders. Plus there are more 3's being taken which means longer rebounds as well. So getting a rebound is less about positioning yourself (it's certainly still important) and more about an athletic scramble for the ball.

I grew-up watching the 80's and 90's, and the inside play today is just as physical. Harden gets beat up when he drives - you can't tell me those guys aren't getting whacked. You can't do certain things anymore (flagrants, hand checking, wrapping your arms around someone) but you can certainly be physical and wrestle for position. I mean, that stuff should have never been part of the game. The game today is more purest than it was in the 90's when a guy like Anthony Mason who couldn't shoot could still be a near all-star. Today there isn't as much wrestling in the post because the post game doesn't fit in today's game, not because of rule changes. If you look at rebounding, guys are physical fighting for those boards.

And the most physical defender against Jordan was Gary Payton by a mile, and you know what, his defense would still be legal today - he didn't play D with his hands he did it with his body and feet which is why it was so effective.

The idea that Curry would be at a disadvantage doesn't hold water either in my mind - Reggie Miller was skinny has heck and only weighed 180lbs - that guy had no problem playing in that so called physical era. I respect your point of view but I think you are underestimating the quickness of today's players.

#238 Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to say, this BBS has become so much more enjoyable since you slithered away to your safe space.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do you need chips to compare Karl Malone to Dirk Nowitzki? Absolutely not.

You are small minded if you have to have certain qualifications to compare players. That's like saying we can't judge Giannis with Harden because they're in different conferences. Harden is a superior player to Dwayne Wade overall. If all you want to do is compare DWade's finals vs Harden's one final appearance then sure.. Wade wins.

But idiot, let me tell you.. that's not the discussion. It's overall career comparisons (including Wade's bad years) and it's not even close. Harden >>>> Wade in the regular season and overall.

Wade had one season that gets close to what Harden has done for 5 straight seasons now. His best game ever was probably his 55 point game versus the Knicks where he went 19/30 with 9 boards and 4 assists.

Harden had a triple double vs the Knicks. NBD.. just 53 points, 16 boards and 17 assists.

Wade has been the best player on a 15-67 team. Harden would get crucified for that but because Wade won titles he's exempt huh? Get your **** and self off this site. You shouldn't feel welcome to throw your trash here. Do it at a bar where some drunk guy might take a swing at you for talking like that.

BigMaloe likes this.