1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

He got 22 points & 23 rebounds!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Dec 9, 2018.

1. PWR

PWR Member

This is what Isaiah Hartenstein posted last night...22 points, 23 rebounds, 5 assists, & 5 blocks.

His previous game (1st game down in G League), he posted 22 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, & 3 blocks.

We all admit he hustled and give us good minutes as Clint's backup earlier this year.

So, why the hell did the ghost of NeNe take his spot? He has been absolutely atrocious.

As I suggested in another thread, what's the harm in going old school with starting two twin towers?

Paul
    Harden
    Tucker
    Hartenstein
    Capela

It solves the rebounding issue. Instead of bricking a million 3 pointers, dump the ball into the big boys on the blocks. Have Harden at the top and Paul & Tucker in the corners.

Hell, try something new.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I mean, I can agree with seeing iHart as the backup 5, but my lord do I have to explain why twin towers wouldn't work to you?

I hope not...

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Twin towers today?

lol.

Lawlruschang and BigggReddd like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Flash back to Asik and Dwight twin towers oh god no.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hartenstein cannot play the 4. Your ability to play the 4 doesn't depend on hitting a 3 pointer once or twice. It's about speed and lateral agility. Hartenstein does not have those.

6. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

If one of them is a shooter, and one can defend the 4, it’s fine, just really depends on the skill-set of these twin towers.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I cannot understand why they think Nene is a better option than playing Hartenstein and letting him develop.

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

If you got twin towers at least one of them has to be on roller skates.

9. hakeemthagreat

Is he the new DMo? Basically a minimal role player overhyped simply because he's "relatable" to the average clutchfans poster. All while the guys who aren't as "relatable" (see Melo) with more talent get slandered

Mark my words, some of you will be calling for Hartenstein to be the starting center by end of the season

Lawlruschang and GotGame15 like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think you're projecting some extra things into this.

Lawlruschang, D-rock, basso and 6 others like this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i guess MDA 'doesn't trust him'.... i mean thats why we run 33 yr old guys for 38-39 mins right? It's all about MDA's comfort level... lol

hakeem94, fattz and J Sizzle like this.
  12. plates300

plates300 Member

With the Rockets switching defense, Hartenstein always ends up switched onto a guard on the perimeter, thus nullifying any rebounds. When are they going to stop switching everything and only use it against certain match ups?!

13. kjayp

that would require an adjustment, sir - we dont do that... we 'just play our game' and try to get a certain number of 3 pt shots launched each game... lol

hakeem94 and plates300 like this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the issue is simply that we have 5 nba players on the roster.

morey has to turn the contracts of knight/chriss/nene into 2-3 nba players just to make the playoffs. green, ennis, clark and hart are good depth but not core rotation players/starters on a playoff team in the west.

D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

In my opinion an NBA center should be able to effectively run a pick and roll, screen, and get off more than 2 mm from the ground. Hartenstein just doesn’t resemble an effective NBA player. Keep him in the G League.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Isaiah Hartenstein in 19 games
    ON: 165 minutes, 114.9 offensive rating, 98.9 defensive rating,+16.0 net rating
    OFF: 805 minutes, 107.1 offensive rating, 113.4 defensive rating, -6.3 net rating

Nene in 4 games
    ON: 53 minutes, 98.3 offensive rating, 100.0 defensive rating, -1.7 net rating
    OFF: 139 minutes, 104.5 offensive rating, 110.8 defensive rating, -8.6

I think Hartenstein should 100% become the back-up center later this season, and average about 16 minutes a game. I believe that the only reason Nene is playing is so he can get a groove, and then be traded. Hartenstein should be developed since he has promise to become good. It's a small sample size of 165 minutes, but the Rockets have been good in those minutes. There was at least one stretch in those 165 minutes where the Rockets were playing well enough to give him a crazy net rating.

DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, why dont you just come out and say you want him fired. You've really all but said it haha( I disagree of course).

18. kjayp

I like to believe he will see the error of his ways and adjust his thinking - hope springs eternal... :)

or if he doesnt... and he haaaaaappens to get fired... welllllll... it is what it is... lol ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hartenstein is black

Lawlruschang and Remlap like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean...that's kind of a small sample size but alright haha. Despite those numbers being a tad disingenuous, I think the team is more comfortable with Nene..but I agree with you though.