1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Suns demand 2 first round picks to take on Knight contract for Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Dec 1, 2018.

?

Would you trade Knight and 2 first round picks for Ariza?

1. Yes, Ariza knew MDA system and they demand 2 Firsts to swallow Knight's salary.

14 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. No. I'd keep Knight or trade for a younger player.

157 vote(s)
    91.8%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

The best reply!
    Knight is washed up, May Ariza is the same as November ariza. 2 protected Firsts are required for suns to swallow knight salary.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait. After all these years, you should know. Reading comprehension isn't always there.

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agree 100%. Ariza's shooting has been in serious decline - too many 1-6 type nights where he's not adding value offensively.

4. Dandy Chiggins

JR Smith was seen in Montgomery TX. I talked to the family he played with and they said he is about to be bought out. He said he has been talking to morey....I think he may fit that offensive role off the bench.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

During the time you wrote all that did the NBA change the rules with regards to a team re-acquiring a player they just traded?

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Thinking about basketball has become like politics. We think we are distilling the complicated portions down to their core issues, when in truth we are diluting everything so much we don't have a meaningful discourse. If you can fit your political ideology on a bumper sticker, chances are you're under-thinking it just a little. The same goes with basketball. "Ariza and the Return of the Elite Defense" sounds catchy, but at its core it's somewhat unfounded. The love affair people have with him is insane to me. I wasn't happy to lose him, but facts are facts. He's getting older, he's overpriced, and teams are figuring out this switching defense. Hell, teams are figuring out our elite offense too. When a team is based in talent, your winning stops when the talent does. When a team is based in strategy, your winning stops when your strategy gets old. That's why the warriors are still elite, illegal screening is a talent that even the NBA can't take away. The rockets need to adapt, but how do they do that? That answer isn't as simple and for me, I don't think will fit on a bumper sticker.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know the rules, but hypothetically still valid.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This is dumb. Stop posting in this stupid thread. The rockets are not trading anything for Ariza.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Impeach Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  10. Pizza_Da_Hut

I am not a crook!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is there a way of salvaging this thread and turning it into a Melo or DMo thread? in a pinch Jeremy Lin would do

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  12. mario elie

mario elie Member

This is...interesting. I'm surprised no one is commenting on this yet.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Well there's a lot to why I don't quite see it. First and foremost, if JR is bought out, chances are it's by a team he's traded to (similar to what happened with Melo). So him knowing about it right now is a bit of a stretch to me. Second, even if he knows he's being bought out, I doubt he's already talking to Morey. There are too many flags in this for me to bite just yet. Hey, who knows, maybe it happens.

mario elie likes this.
  14. basketballholic

Wrong type of trade. The only way we trade Knight with two first round picks is either for a superstar in a larger deal OR we get back a couple youngsters with an expiring that are basically substitutes for late first round/early second round picks.

The type of trade we are most likely seeking for Knight is another two-year or possibly three-year dea(s)l combined with an expiring contract and/or a youngster that can play and/or cash back to help another team either get out of the luxury tax or get close to getting out of the luxury tax, or to help that team create an updated TPE and get further away from the tax line so that they can have more trade flexibility at the deadline.

We're not going to give up multiple picks just to dump Knight for expirings. We may give up one pick, say to Sacramento, to take on some of their expirings, and help them create a little more cap space that they can use at the deadline to get another first round pick from somebody with. But even in that sort of deal...you can expect we'll get back at least one usable rotation piece with the incoming expirings to justify giving up a pick.

15. Jimmy Chitwood

Christ, between this thread, the Jimmer thread(s), the Marquese Chriss thread, and the Melo sympathizing thread, Clutchfans is at an all-time level for 1st-page dumbassery. I'm literally in shock that there are people who have ideas this terrible and then take time to type them out on the internet.

16. mario elie

mario elie Member

For the record, I'm not a JR fan, but I do think a playoff team will take the risk on him. I'm still holding out hope for Bazemore.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Baze is interesting. I think his potential based on fit is really attractive. He's overpaid, but hey why not at this point?

18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

The crisis is real

19. kiwirocketsfan

Had to login to comment here.

HELL NO.

2 first round picks for a declining player who won't shift the needle against the best teams.

20. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Does trading J.R. Smith for Brandon Knight make sense for the Cavaliers and the Rockets?