1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Max Kellerman] Texans are contenders in the AFC

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Nov 27, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol poor molly. She just blurts out stuff and no one pays attention lol.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stephen A won't be snoring when Mahomes is getting rocked by the Texans front 7 and BoB unleashes more of same offense we saw yesterday.

The Texans can beat anyone when they play like that.

TheRealist137, Fulgore and solid like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was one of those who thought Foreman was done. Who comes back from an ACL injury like that as an NFL running back? Nobody. BUT, supposedly he is practicing. What if he does come back? This team with a Foreman at 75% is a lot better team.

5. theimpossibles1

Damn... I was really hoping the likes of Skip, Max, SAS etc wouldn't find their way into the Texans forum.

Oh well. Apparently people care what these egomaniacs think.

Swiss Roll and Rock Block like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Achilles

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Now that Overlord Kellerman has spoke Sskyup’s opinion legit.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im not letting recency bias fool me. Ive said it the whole year, from what Ive seen, we are pretenders. Sorry guys... :shrug:

AB423 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

First year the Patriots started Brady they lost the first few games of the year and turned it around in to a championship.

The Texans have won 3 of the last 5 games by

They are getting better.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

With a first round bye, we have a chance. Watson is going to have to throw it 35 times for us to beat the big boys, so our offensive line is going to have to keep getting better.

They're still nowhere near where they need to be.

To me, this Browns game says a lot. If we thrash them, I'll feel better. It's easy to overlook at team like them when they're sandwiched between two of your biggest rivals.

11. showa13

showa13 Member

At their best the Texans can beat anyone. Only thing is they have to be at their best to beat KC, NE, PIT, and LAC. There are no unbeatable teams in the AFC, especially if we're at home. I still need to see KC in cold weather/their defense is historically bad, Tom Brady has been terrible on the road, Big Ben has been terrible in the redzone, and LAC depend on the health of Melvin Gordon. We have as good as a shot as anyone in the AFC(Saints look unbeatable at times and are my current Super Bowl pick)

12. theimpossibles1

Someone called "donkeypunch" thinks we are pretenders, oh no!

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hey, just my two cents. Take it for whatever you want to take it for, but it seems you have taken it as butt hurt. Theres a cream for that.

Front Page News: People on internet have differing opinions. OH Noes......

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Chargers are overrated

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We are beating inferior teams, some barely by a couple of points. I honestly don't think we are at same level as the top tier team. If BoB opens up his playbook like he did in the Titans games, we have a better chance at upsetting a team in playoffs.

We are on an 8 game win streak, but the majority of power ranking has us at 8, goes to show that we aren't as great as u think and we just really have a softie schedule.

Even if we win 13 straight, I still don't believe we are elite, our oline is pretty bad. But u never know injuries and miracles can happen.

16. theimpossibles1

The Kellerman Effect...

He gives us high praise and suddenly people are talking down on their own team, who are on a franchise record win streak, just so they can disagree with him.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I can't believe that people look at that clownish pic of SAS and then willfully click play to hear the noises too.

jcf and theimpossibles1 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Franchise win streak doesnt equal elite team. It's great that we r winning, but looked at who we beat to make the win streak. Plus during the win streak it wasn't like we blew out everyone some games we barely win via luck or a field goal. Just saying temper your expectations, but it possible we can win out the rest of the season with our schedule.

DFWRocket likes this.
  19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would like his chances to come back good as new a lot better if it was an ACL injury he was coming back from.

red5rocket likes this.
  20. theimpossibles1

No thanks. A huge part of the reason I follow sports is so I can be excited and feel good about my favorite teams. I am not going to be devastated if we lose, but I will be ecstatic if we win.

DFWRocket, red5rocket and jcf like this.