1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 11/26/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#961 Deuce, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Regarding rebounding as an issue, one change to the rotation aside from CP3 sitting out is Gerald Green's return which I believe directly impacted Hartenstein and Clark's minutes. Since he returned, their minutes have dipped and become inconsistent. They were on the upswing and giving us impact plays in addition to filling large holes in hustle plays. They gave us really good rim protection. It was the Detroit stretch that gave us real matchup problems understandably. But we need to go back to those two, giving them significant and consistent minutes. House shouldn't be a conversation since he's really here to just plug-in-play when CP3 rests... until Brandon Knight returns. The hustle plays, rebounding, and rim protection are what we need and those 2 guys were doing a good job filling those needs.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey ReTweeted this. It lets you know what he is thinking. Pretty much what I said below.

HP3 and heypartner like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They probably do not post that absences/injuries are relatively common once that someone hits 33 or 34.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Going back to the 77-78 season, for guards between the ages of 33-37 who averaged at least 30 minutes per game played, the average number of games played per season was 68.6. Games started is 64.3. If you filter it for players who are in the Hall of Fame, the games played per season number goes up to 71.7. Even if you filter for short guys in the HOF (5'9 - 6'2), the games played per season is 69.

That is honestly much higher than I thought it would be. I was thinking mid 50s.

A problem is that CP3 does not appear to be on such a pace, since he only played 58 games last year and only played 61 the year before.

So yeah, even amongst his peers, CP3's health has a very bad outlook. Gonna be a fun 4 years.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3k to 5k so we are already past half the season?

i think my metaphor is quite precise
    marathon is what 40000 meters race and one game is equivalent to 400m sprint

its 100 to 1 ratio
    kinda a lot like
    100 (82 rs plus 16+ po) to 1 games an nba champion usually needs to play

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, yet another example of the Rockets providing no injury updates and us fans having to glean info from offhand MDA interviews after practice lol, it's like clockwork.

At first they said rest, now it's a hamstring for CP3?

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its smart, the opponents hate rockets, and many of them are dirty, the last thing you want them to know is about what kind of injury you have