1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only one person to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Nov 26, 2018.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

God we used to have such a knack at picking up random role players, what the hell happened to us.

Remember brooks, Lowry, Landry, Scola, Parsons, Ariza, Dmo and Jones, Patpat, Dragic, Courtney Lee. etc.

2. xaos

xaos Member

My goodness some of you are whiney babies

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm inclined the blame the Suns' ex-GM for being crazy enough to throw $15 million at Ariza more than anything else. This offseason was a complete nightmare for the Rockets in terms of regressing instead of patching up holes.

4. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

He goes high risk, then corrects... or low risk, then corrects, just wait Dec 15

#44 OldYelllowDog, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    joshuaao, HP3, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

In fairness to Morey there were very limited options after the decision was made not to keep Ariza. He essentially had the MLE left to work with.

Ennis was a very solid signing. As for MCW, just because he signed early doesn’t mean much was expected of him. He still signed for the minimum. Same with Anthony, he was a low risk signing for the minimum.

Morey knew his team had even less depth going into the season. He felt he could trade for pieces to add along the way at the deadline or players that were bought out.

The problem is that all of the minimum guys struck out and Paul has had the inevitable injury issues.

My main beef with Morey has been during the season. First the Butler affair where he spent weeks offering picks to get Butler and never denying that Gordon was available. Then after all that not budging off two draft picks and Gordon, ultimately losing his coveted star. Then letting a quarter of the season pass by and letting his few valuable players play way too many minutes and too big a role. Even a simple deal for one rotation player likely wins us the last 3 games.... but nothing and here we are.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Technically, PJ lobbied Morey hard to get Ennis signed, so he's got to take a big bite of that sour lemon.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Rick Smith just drafted you number 1.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What were his choices? Let Clint Capela walk? I mean, there was no way he was going to be able to sign Ariza at $15M - Morey doesn't get to decide how much luxury tax the Rockets should pay.

And Luc? The dude hardly has played this year he's been injured. We didn't have bird rights anyway.

So what do you mean he "gutted" this team?

dockerland, baller4life315 and HP3 like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

What is with all the crapping on Ennis? We are paying him almost nothing and he has been the ONE guy added that has played well enough to deserve a rotation spot.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

At this point I'm fairly certain this season is an operation by the entire Organisation to rid Clutchfans of the absolute worst of the worst posters it has.

Honestly, I'd probably say it's worth it.

dmoneybangbang and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

If that were true, we would be winning and we wouldnt be seeing these people ever again :(

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It’s still a miracle he was able to dump and break up Ryno’s contract into two without forfeiting any draft picks. Nobody saw that coming. And while I 100% believe getting Knight/Chriss was a move to set up another move, he probably did assume they might both be able to contribute in the interim. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

He’s had some missteps, but his signings have all been low risk, high reward. I still think the Ennis signing will be looked at favorably. Clark was a solid find. It’s not all doom & gloom.

Give it time, he’ll fix this....

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He presided over the best regular season in Rocket history. I guess that's good.

#53 fchowd0311, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Would you stop? How was it gutted? We lost two guys from last year. One of them has barely played due to the same injury concerns that had the Rockets unwilling to bring him back and the other has looked terrible on one of the worst teams in the NBA (and did I mention he's getting paid 15 million dollars a year?). Please explain to me how you'd have saved this team because I'm pretty sure D-Mo and V-Span aren't the answers here.

Or are you angry we didn't bring Tarik Black back?

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Not completely true to my point. Yes, they were bad, but for that season they weren't complete ass. We all had our annoyances with those guys and desperately wanted to upgrade them, but they provided a role. The guys I named were below average, so of course us fans wanted to do away with them. Brewer was annoying as hell. Still, he could at least stay on the floor.

My point was that brew and smoove were bad... But they weren't this bad. And don't for a second pretend like 2015 Jason Terry is just as ass as MCW.

We won't get the 8th seed tho. 5th and up is ours. Have some back bone. Morey is going to improve the roster. I'm just upset he's taking his sweet ass time doing it.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Luc has barely played this year
    Ariza is not doing much better

Rocket River

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The risk is choosing between playing harden 48 or mcw ;)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would have brought back as many of last year's team as possible and I would NEVER have signed Carmelo - because I value chemistry and am not a star ****er.

DD

J Sizzle and J.R. like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

DaDakota and J Sizzle like this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No Brewer was ****, so was Josh Smith, they were horrendous, I would prefer most of our current rotations over them. Also the reason 2015-2016 was so bad was because Dwight Howard and Harden had lock room issues.