1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only one person to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Nov 26, 2018.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

His name is Daryl Morey. Ennis has been a complete bust, MCW couldn't throw a rock into the ocean if he tried. Out of all the available role player free agents we could have signed to the vet min we gave Michael Carter Williams an NBA contract. This season is right now is 100% on Morey with the way he constructed this team. Lets hope he can make some moves before the deadline to make this team a contender again

lw17, xtruroyaltyx, LUK3 and 14 others like this.
  2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Morey is the worst general manager in Houston sports history. Change my mind.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. BackdoorHarden

I blame the unbanning of BTG

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes

No

Maybe

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We had a 7 man rotation in the playoffs, Morey downsized us to a 4 man rotation

red5rocket, Der Rabbi, bmd and 9 others like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’m no Morey supporter he shares a small portion , as much as Paul (don’t expect to get paid max and win max at this point in your career).

It’s mostly Tillman getting cocky with the team he inherited. What I do blame Morey for is the dumbass mentality he has had for years about players like Melo magicalltbfixing crap. You need strong role players.

Game7, cml750 and BigShasta like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, this is his fault, 100% he let a championship level team get gutted - now, the one thing he has always done is clean up his messes pretty quickly.

So, I expect him to do just that.

DD

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS^

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I'm on the close to panic train but Ennis is not a bust. Rather see MDA gone before Morey. Coaches are what have you done for us lately. Morey has a proven track of bouncing back

10. BackdoorHarden

I blame TILLMAN too cheap to pay the $48 million for Ariza and Luc(after taxes)

11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Someone who puts an end to this bad joke. This team is the worst I've seen on the defensive side. We are paying 160 million to a player who is always injured and today Danuel House replaced him! Amazing!
    We have the worst bench in the entire NBA!
    Morey's work has been pathetic. Three loses against three eastern teams, and two of the worst in that conference. Time to stop this disaster!

deb4rockets, ak99999, bmelo and 5 others like this.
  12. gotsis

gotsis Member

We are basically last years Cavs. Hope Morey finds some magical way to fix this team, because we look like a 7th at best.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Agreed. Morey needs to do something now before it’s over.

saleem likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Signing MCW as an actual free agent target and not a last roster slot guy is baffling.

Not spending the mle is nuts.

Relying on minimum guys to become viable starters and role players at multiple spots was too much to ask.

Believing in Melo was a mistake obviously.

Not a lot of winning

cml750, ak99999, Richie_Rich and 16 others like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

People here were whining about National Media giving Morey a C for the off-season. Everyone said National Media was wrong.

Guess folks were right. Morey deserves an F for the off-season.

lulz...

RocketRed84, cml750, ak99999 and 12 others like this.
  16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I knew he should have never opened his mouth. "We will have our pick of free agents." I don't really blame him though. He's still one of the better GMs in basketball. We had very little cap room to work with and the guys available for the minimum are always trash. Perhaps the trade for Knight/Chriss was shortsighted but we will have to see what he turns that into to judge it better.

High Vibrationz and clutchdabear like this.
  17. WestendMassive

I'll be amazed if he's able to right the offseason wrongs, he's going to have to trade the next 5 years worth of draft picks and even then he might not get the team back to the level it was at last season. Last season's team had a special chemistry that made it more than the sum of its parts.

Losing Ariza in particular has made the Rockets just another team, instead of that close-knit group that sacrificed and went to war with one another. I really can't see how he can recapture that.

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is really the problem. MDA doesn't make any adjustments. The entire league is playing our style. He has to gameplan to get other p[layers easy basket. The warriors do it thru ball movement letting guys touch it so that when the main guys get stopped the scrubs are in a better position to make a couple of baskets. By the way i like House jr.

19. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

He definitely needs to get to fixing this mess. The MCW signing was baffling.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just to be clear, Morey is a great gm. This is the first offseason where I feel like he made bad moves. Even the bad year with Dwight he made good moves just didn’t work out. This year I think the moves were just bad.

Oh well. Nobody is perfect. He is a brilliant guy and will find ways to improve