1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Granville

Granville Member

@Clutch I am qualified as the father of an autistic person and the leader of a successful local autism organization to tell you that how that ranks with being a redeemable decent human being toward those with disabilities . I'm not interested in ranking atrocities. If Bobby called a black person then N word, it would be a permanent ban and you can't deny that. If you do deny it, how long would the ban be?

Why you seem to draw a distinction between hate speech directed toward an ethnic community and disabled community is beyond me.

You are in now way being providing the same level of respect and dignity to the disabled community as you would to other communities that are victims of hate speech. As a member of the media, myself and my organization expect better from you.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please don't like you were innocent until the time you attacked a special needs family member of Granville. You attacked people almost every post before that happened.

Your apology still tried to attack him. You aren't the only person on this bbs that have attacked people. In the D&D it happens all the time. Don't pretend like you've ignored being attacked all the time until you finally were pushed over the edge and crossed the line. That's BS.

Yung-T, DonKnock, kevC and 1 other person like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hate player only fans
    Like McGrady only fans and Lin only fans

And every clutchfan I met knows that

You were a notorious McGrady only fan
    But I’m willing to look past that

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Let it go. We gave moved pass this I thought.

For the record, I was neither "notorious" or a "McGrady only fan". I'm a nobody. I just happened to think McGrady was better than Kobe BEFORE he came to the Rockets and you went nuts over it.

It's really disappointing that Dave is spending all this time to dig up dirt on a nobody like me but won't talk to @Granville .

Yung-T and DonKnock like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Not my call

I do want to keep clutchfans as Rockets and Houston sports fans only

These trolls thinking their player is more important than our team should be auto banned

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Clutch shouldn't respond anymore to this thread. He should stand by his decision and move on no matter the protests. The whataboutism with @kevC was a bad, bad move IMO. It just gave Bobby a victory that he has no business getting.

Bobby is back and we should get used to it. You guys will be watching him like a hawk anyway to see when he messes up. Report button is going to be on fire.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BAD JuJu.........Rockets are 0-2 since his return. BAN this bigot.

DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You do you man. You think silly player only fans should be banned, I think posters who insult another's autistic child "r****d" should be banned. We all have our things.

Yung-T, DonKnock and da_juice like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans is named after clutch city
    Not Jeremy’s streak
    Or Tmac winning a scoring title with the magic
    Or Carmelo Anthony’s last good season
    Or Chicago Bulls Michael Jordan not playing in 95 but really was playing

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Or Tinman trolling

11. tinman

Supporting Member

That's impossible
    And you know that

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

mergady sure was better than kobe in orlando. then he came to the rox and gradually transformed into whinegady. but i still think he outplayed lerbon during his healthy rox years (which was short lived).

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. prohibido

prohibido Member

I'm interested in this conversation for a variety of reasons. I would have liked for you to have demanded and then extracted a much needed and sincere apology from the user in question as a component of his reinstatement. You didn't. I would have liked for you to have repudiated his pseudo apology that he predictably turned back on @Granville. You didn't.

You @Clutch, are allowing this site to descend into irreparable ugliness, and I fear that you'll soon find yourself a sort of Yertle the Turtle. But, you know, somehow more comical.

Yung-T, DonKnock and kevC like this.
  14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

How hard is it for @Bobbythegreat to give a real and sincere apology to @Granville? This should take 10 seconds yet he is still refusing to do so. I am fine with @Clutch giving him a second chance, provided he apologizes. This is a simple ask for him to be un-banned that has still yet to be fulfilled.

If he did give a real and sincere apology and I simply missed it, ignore this post.

#174 swyyyguy, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    AroundTheWorld and DonKnock like this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ironic, coming from a non supporting or contributing member.

cml750 and jcf like this.
  16. tobster

tobster Member

I’ve been away traveling and only keeping up with things on twitter. I’m extremely disappointed after spending a great thanksgiving with my bro in law (he’s autistic) to get on clutchfans to see this. What in world prompted him being brought back? What changed? Was his life as pathetic as we all thought it was? Clutchfans used to be my oasis and this idiot has consistently poisoned it for a few years now. Not cool bringing him back. SMH

DonKnock, Newlin and Yung-T like this.
  17. bobrek

For all the folks so upset with the reinstatement, why are you not simply leaving the board?

Invisible Fan, cml750 and Space Ghost like this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Some have, and I suspect others will follow. I think many are hanging around for awhile to see if the bad apple is tossed for good. Many people have been here for a very longtime, so it's hard to just leave a place they view as a home. But, make no mistake, a poster like Bobby drags the entire Community down. I myself have at times avoided the areas of the board that Bobby tends to flood with his nonsense. His constant insults and picking fights gets tiring.

arkoe, DonKnock, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  19. bobrek

To each his own, but it’s an Internet message board with thousands of voluntary participants. There are clearly going to be all sorts of personalities, especially since, for the most part, it’s anonymous. Posters will step over the line and ‘drag the community down’. On a board this size, it’s to be expected. Clutch handles things the best he can and folks will agree or disagree or just don’t care concerning his decisions.

cml750 and BullRider like this.
  20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That’s a weak stance to take and you know it. Basically if people disagree then they should leave the board? The whole point of the feedback forum is (or should be) for people to give their feedback on things like this.

swyyyguy, Reeko, DonKnock and 3 others like this.