1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Snitches get stitches.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You’re the one who put yourself right in the middle of it.

Now you want to be left out of it.

Bold move.

3. theimpossibles1

In retrospect I should have just left the group and removed myself from the situation.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the situation as I saw it.

There have been a handful of times when someone has done something so incredibly ugly on the board that I felt sick to my stomach, and what bobby said qualifies. I felt horrible that I didn't see it sooner, but when I did, I banned him immediately. It was not a timeout... it was a permanent ban. There are some lines that you don't cross -- attacking family and attacking special needs kids are two of them and he managed to step over both.

He sent emails. I did not respond. But earlier this week, he sent one just asking if this would be permanent. He said, "His child never should have come up and I was wrong to have said what I said out of anger towards Granville." and that "If the ban is lifted, the first thing I'd do would be to apologize for crossing the line with those statements."

Maybe I made a mistake and I'm not above admitting that if that proves to be the case, but I was OK with giving him a chance to make that apology. And that was my condition, that what he said to me needed to be expressed on the board to Granville. No matter what, he said what he said, it's not forgotten and it's not easily forgiven ... it shows a lack of character. But I've given many posters second chances here and with him expressing a want to apologize, I gave him that chance. That's the extent of what I did. If he burns that opportunity to make right, then this will be short-lived.

There is no excuse for what he said -- I want to make that very clear -- but man ... there were no saints in that thread. I didn't go back and read it until a week or so later but it was unbelievably ugly. I absolutely despise political arguments and the nastiness that comes out of them... it puts me in a complete no-win situation having to act in a moderator fashion because you get exactly what's happening in this thread -- accusations of bias.

Folks, I'm here for the Houston sports talk, as is 95+ percent of the community. That's it. Politics, money, traffic... that had absolutely no bearing here on my decision.

As for @Bobbythegreat ... and I want to make this clear to him and everybody: If you want to post here, you're going to have to change. That same apologetic and humble tone you gave me is going to have to be conveyed in just about every post. You're going to be confronted by people upset with what you said, and I'm not here to fix that. You're going to have to accept that what you did was deeply wrong and a simple "sorry" isn't enough. You have to earn that through real change because if not, I'm just going to admit I made a mistake bringing you back.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gnomo is sorry for calling Mauri fat

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for stating your side in the events that happened. I understand and even applaud you wanting to give people a second chance.

I won't say more because I don't really have a dog in the fight. The only thing I will say is that l appreciate this site and the community. So my opinions are only ways that I believe will make the site and the community stronger and better. I will try and understand your reasoning, and you are probably bigger than I am for giving him that second chance. I don't think I could have done that. It is your decision, and I'm glad you shared your reasoning.

cml750 likes this.
  7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

@Clutch , thank you for taking time out from sorting out Snow Villers' alternate accounts to finally address this issue.

@Bobbythegreat apologized? That is news to me. Oh you mean that little post with the insufferable smug non-apology?

Wow what a remorseful person!

Bobby will never change and you know that.

It's pretty disgusting to me that you let him back on without discussing it with @Granville , the victim. The only way he should have been let back on is if he talked to @Granville himself and gave a sincere apology. Not whatever crap he just posted.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks for explaining that. I think what has people upset is that his "apology" sounds earily similar to his reasoning before he got banned where all he did was say that he was was just sorry he let @Granville bait him into it and that it was all because he used his child as a shield. Even after coming back he does it. For doing something as ugly as what Bobby did that doesn't fly, that's a "i'm sorry I got caught" type of response.

Its the same as his initial "apology"

FranchiseBlade, DonKnock and Yung-T like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bobby harassed Clutch via email to get back on Clutchfans? Those are juicy facts. He should be more appreciative.

Reeko, DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, plus Bobby has been an incredible prick since coming back and mocking everyone that called for his ban. Really don't see how this constitutes as "That same apologetic and humble tone you gave me is going to have to be conveyed in just about every post", Bobby clearly thinks he got a pass and hasn't learned anything from this whole ordeal.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that I very much crossed the line and that I'm being given a second chance. I knew that when I got back I'd be facing a lot of heat and that's why for the most part I haven't gone back at anyone no matter how far they cross the line with personal attacks since I've been back. I put up with the harassment, the stalkers, and the trolls in just about every thread..... and that was the case BEFORE the incident with Granville so I knew they'd ratchet it all up once I got back. Since then there has seemingly always been at least 1 person trying to derail any given thread with personal attacks or other nonsense and I've been incredibly understanding and patient with them.

What it comes down to is that I don't plan to slip up again no matter how toxic a group of 7 or 8 posters make things, I'm not going to take the bait, they'll just go on the ignore list and I'll move on. I meant it when I apologized to the board for having crossed the line with comments that were a flagrant violation of the rules just as I meant it when I told @Clutch that I wouldn't cross the line again.

cml750 likes this.
  12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Thanks for giving your side of it.

My issue is that Bobby’s “apology” showed a complete lack of remorse or growth, as he used it as an opportunity to blame Granville for “using his son as a shield.” So from that it looked right away like nothing had changed with him, and he was let back in and was free to continue acting like he always has.

And even outside of that one post, he’s been a cancer to this board in nearly every forum. For years he has consistently ruined threads in all of the sports forums that have nothing to do with politics.

13. Granville

Granville Member

@Clutch Sir, he came right back at me with an ugly accusation of me using my son as a weapon. I hardly call that an apology. He crossed the line right then and there. You gave him the platform to do that.

He has used the R word multiple times in multiple threads. I have reported it before. That's hate speech that YOU allow. You are either down with that or not. There's no middle ground. I'm awaiting your response to that. Is this site better than that or not?

When people like B-Bob who i consistently disagree with decide to take a break, you need to step back and rethink things.

#133 Granville, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

There it is again, that's the delusion that can't be fixed. You haven't been patient--so much so that you've been replying to every single post and playing the victim. And you still don't understand that it has little to do with "the rules" and more about common decency.

#134 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Granville, Harrisment and Yung-T like this.
  15. Granville

Granville Member

You crossed the line with your apology when you made a false horrible accusation against me.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

@Granville according to Clutch this thread had nothing to do with him getting unbanned also I never said he shouldn't go unpunished.

17. Granville

Granville Member

Do you think taking a shot at me during his apology made it a legitimate apology? You are so better than aligning yourself with that guy.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You should give him your email so he can personally apologize to you. My guess is his ego won't allow him to give you a sincere apology on here

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His posts after the ban have made it very clear that he isn't remorseful and only cares about being able to post on this site, so no apology would be sincere.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Why are we trying to move mountains so a guy can actually apologize for saying "your r****d son is karma" and "**** you and **** your kid"---especially long after the fact. A sincere apology is something that should be forthcoming, should have been long ago at the very least. He doesn't care about what he said, he cares that it had consquences

Reeko and Harrisment like this.