1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Jeremy Lin as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The dude who started this thread is an extreme troll
    This open the doors to Lin’s cult like followers to troll if they find an opinion by rockets fans they dislike.

Codman likes this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ahhh. Appreciate the clarification @tinman . I'm only aware of one "troll" (if that's the correct word...) who always discusses his/her love for a team that treated Fitz, Zach Randolph and its fan base like garbage.

Lin's career has been so unremarkable, in comparison to so many other Rockets--both past and present--who have achievements and/or stories that will always be part of a team's memories. Shoot, much as Dwight was disliked on his way out, we can all agree that his first and second year with us made a positive impact. So, I understand that he gets a thread here and there. I mean, If we had a point guard who knew his role, Dwight and James could have taken that team to the WCF, with the growing skill set (at the time) of Chandler Parsons. Truly, had we taken out Portland (like we were supposed to have), we would have met GS in the WCF. But, we all know the sad chain of events, the unmasking of an untamed ego in consecutive crunch time moments which ultimately led to the Dame buzzer beater...one of the more painful losses I watched live.

Or Josh Smith/Corey Brewer. Career-Tracking Threadworthy based on their time as Rockets. Josh Smith's first run with us was EPIC....Game 6 in LAC is one of the best "role player" wins I've seen in a long, long time. Even his second time here via trade, Josh played his role through HELLISH pain and a fractured relationship with Dwight. Corey, too, was part of that amazing WCF appearance, and even though he somehow forgot how to play ball, he always gave the effort WITHIN his role. I respect that.

IMO, there are current guys on the roster that, if traded, are worthy of having "______ as a ______ 2019/20" threads...

Welp, I hope this former Rocket enjoys being a mentor. He would be a good read after basketball....I'll give him that. But, that Brooklyn contract he somehow got (forged? manipulated? jk) was awful money management.

don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  3. foh

foh Member

This isn't career tracking thread. This is a drama tracking thread (like most everything in NBA dish) between LOFs and LOHs. I wish Parson's thread is revived - his thread had more babes in it. Well, there is Lou Williams's love triangle thread to entertain us for now - till Parson picks his game up (literally and figuratively).

4. tinman

Supporting Member

There is no such thing as OH .
    That’s the term created by Lin fans caused rockets fans called them Lin only fans.

The lin fans creativity rivals those of rocks in a pond

5. tinman

Supporting Member

There once was a time people came to Clutchfans because they love the Rockets and wanted to discuss topics with fellow Rockets fans
    That time has long gone.

stevel likes this.
  6. mig0s

mig0s Member

This is the Dish, not the garm. Has nothing to do with other ex rockets. DMO, Parsons, Dwight etc. all have threads in the dish. Thought someone registered in 2001 would know that. Yes Mo Williams stole the ball from Lin 10 years ago. Get over it

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lin played good tonight against the Celtics. Has a double double with 19 points on 10 shots and 10 assists. Im glad he's doing well after that gruesome injury

8. omgTHEpotential

Atlanta's starters were horrible against the Celtics... Trae Young had a plus/minus of -35... Dedmon -38...

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Note how Lin fans don’t care if the team he is on wins or not

Atlanta has a 10 game losing streak

It’s way easier to score during garbage time

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

No shiet sherlock. If someone is a fan of rockets and fan of Lin, why would he want the hawks to do good?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Are you a fan of the rockets and a fan of Lin?

The hawks have never been a rival to the rockets

Let me clue you in on that one

@Zboy

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

Didnt know you couldnt be both?

Yeah time to call your bff

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I think you maybe a player only fan

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yes because when i registered on CF Lim was my favorite kindergarten basketball player

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

How do you feel right now, our stats master? :rolleyes::D:cool:

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

funny

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Wow the LOFs have returned
    Someone hand me the delete button

18. tinman

Supporting Member

You lost your loyalty
    It’s been revoked

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I think Lin fans cared if the team he is on won or not when he was with the Knicks, Rockets, Hornets and Nets. Those teams cared about winning and treated Lin with respect (at least D'Antoni did with the Knicks, and McHale believe-it-or-not with the Rockets). Even the Nets, who were prioritizing development were at least prioritizing development of the team and not just individual players, and they saw winning as part of the culture they wanted to create...and Lin was a part of that. But now with the Hawks, the Hawks don't care about winning, so why should Lin fans? They are prioritizing Trae Young over everything else...over winning, over every other player.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Trae Young is in their goals for long term winning