1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Isaiah Hartenstein playing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. basketballholic

We CANNOT trade for these without Capela. We can trade for some pieces without Capela but we'll have to leverage our future with picks greasing Knight. And that probably won't be enough. And then we won't be able to make another substantial upgrade after that. Capela has to go and EGo may have to go too for us to get the right pieces to beat the Warriors.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wouldn't give up capela unless it's for someone like KD or AD.

PersianRocket likes this.
  3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I would be fine with trading EGo the way he has been playing. A career low for many different stats, and the ball does not move well when he is on the court. However, these players can be had with one or the other, and if we are beefing up our wing with most of these trades, I would rather send out Gordon than Capela. We can run the small ball 5 against the Warriors without Cousins, but we can't run it against the likes of Utah, Minnesota, OKC, Denver, New Orleans, hell even the Clippers with the way Harrell has been playing. We have enough problems rebounding with Capela on, our problems would just get worse with Nene or Chriss, or Hartenstein playing the 5 against these teams. Porter is not a good rebounder. We would get murdered by the likes of OKC with Adams getting every offensive rebound possible or Gobert doing the same. At the end of the day, Capela needs to stay in my opinion, but I do agree to a fault that he doesn't need major minutes against the Warriors, UNLESS Cousins comes back. If that is the case, trading Capela would only lead to us getting swept in a series.

D-rock likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Bad idea. "He needs to stay but we can't play him major minutes against the Warriors."

You're self-conflicted.

That's not how a team wins a championship.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bwhahahahahaha... ok Jopatmc, and whatever your DD username is at the moment

I've never been an "advocate" but this has never been about Terrence Jones. Its about You. Substitute Terrence Jones for any other player right now you obsess about, and its the same damn story. That player could easily be Gary Clark. Gary Clark could be your Terrence Jones of 2018, and you could say "we should trade him right now while he has value", and make 100 threads about how Clark could 100% be used in a trade to get X other player you obsess over. Then the moment another poster has a counter narrative (like maybe there aren't 29 teams out there willing to give up a first round pick or trade Anthony Davis for Gary Clark) all hell breaks loose inside your head.

2024 comes around, and you find a way to weave a narrative that you were right somehow about Gary Clark because at some point his career arc fit your narrative, and you created your own little enemy to argue against on a forum every day for 2 years when that person wasn't really ever disagreeing with an understood premise that yeah.... if Gary Clark can fetch you a great value draft pick or another upgraded player in a trade, great... lets do it.

You've done the same thing for years with Capela just waiting for the day you can say you were right that this fantasy trade should have happened, and we should all have bought your newsletter to understand.

Again... its never been about Terrence Jones. It's about you, and your sad little world.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun know about you but I think Capela had a couple good games against GSW, overall not just playoff games.

His inability to play much more than 32 minutes is the problem.

hakeem94 and PersianRocket like this.
  7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

You're focusing on one sentence rather than the whole argument. I think Capela really helps us against almost every other team, but like I said, we have to adjust to the Warriors in that series. So yes he can not play too many minutes in that series (maybe 2/3rds or 3/4ths of his current minutes) but I still think he is an essential piece to the team as a whole. And if Cousins is playing, Capela needs to play normal minutes. And as I also mentioned, If we can find a wing player who really helps our team, the Warriors may be pushed to adjust to us. I understand you're focused on the Warriors, but you can't focus on the Warriors if you can't make it past the other 6 teams that would be in the playoffs. There's a reason why in the first round players don't focus on beating the Warriors. They focus on beating the team they're playing.

Having that mentality is actually how a team doesn't win a championship.

8. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You don't get it... You need to win four games... We had two blowout losses in that series that affects the net rating.... In the wins Capela was a +9 overall.... Once again we were a Chris Paul injury away from beating them and we're 6-2 against the Warriors the last two seasons with those guys playing.... We can win with Capela.... That's been seen.. Your whole argument is nonsensical when you frame it that we CANNOT beat the Warriors with Clint... Not only can we beat them with Clint... We may not even get to the WCF without him so simply trading him for assets or someone who doesn't offset what he provides... makes no sense.

D-rock, tycoonchip, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why do you guys keep arguing against BBH? You are just polluting GARM. Put him on ignore already.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His thinking is we cannot beat the 73 win version of them Worriers but we can beat them from last year and this year when they are having a crisis.

PersianRocket likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

@PersianRocket save your time and efforts.

@basketballholic is always going to have his biased opinions because his agenda is to push the players HE believes should be Rockets, even if it means suppressing the viewed value of our own.

Don't waste your time. He's a hack.

htownrocketman and PersianRocket like this.
  12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I'm guessing that's why he has the Justise Winslow avy and thinks trading Clint for him and James Johnson is a great idea.... What a clown

FLASH21, Swiss Roll and PersianRocket like this.
  13. basketballholic

If we were paying Gary Clark $85 million I might be talking about trading him, yes. But he isn't. So it's not an issue. He's actually got positive trade value. And if Capela was making about $25 million over 5 seasons I probably would not be talking about him either. But he isn't.

We need to trade Capela for pieces that help us beat the Warriors.

#273 basketballholic, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  14. basketballholic

LOL, isolating+/- in wins only.

Credibility almost to zero now.

Didn't bother reading the rest.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. basketballholic

It's his inability to defend the Warriors smalls over the course of a 7-game series and his inability to spot-up shoot and get Draymond out of the defensive paint that are the real problems. He can't do that for 20 minutes with success against Draymond, much less 32.

16. basketballholic

My agenda is to talk about winning a championship and how the team has to be composed to be able to do that.

I am a huge fan of Harden, Paul, and PJ. And I'm a fan of Capela, Gordon, and every Rocket player in uniform. I want them to play great and bring home the hardware.

But I keep it real. No hype. When Harden turns over the ball too much like he is this season, I say so. When we miss an opportunity to get meaningful minutes out of a hall-of-fame scorer and our genius offensive coach can't figure out how to use him in our offense and the player for whatever reason can't see his role needs to change...I call it what it is.....two stubborn selfish basketball geniuses not willing to bend their style and meet in the middle FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM.

NOBODY, not you, not Morey, not Harden, not Paul, not MDA, not Capela, not even your old ugly girlfriend is going to make me deviate from keeping this teams championship aspirations, hopes, and possibilities at the forefront of how I see my team. K?

We need to trade Capela for better small ball players that will help us beat the Warriors.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. basketballholic

I actually don't think we'll have to trade Clint for Winslow alone. I think we can get Winslow and others not including Whiteside, who is just a throw-in, to get Miami out of the tax.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hart trying to catch and dunk a lob pass
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I bet your dream team of Uthoff, Maker, Winslow, Dinwiddie, and whatever scrub you pull out of your ass would do better than Harden, Paul, Capela, Morey, and your fugly ex-gf.

Get over yourself bud. There's a reason you're not in an NBA front office or court and they are.