1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Carmelo Anthony and Rockets part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 15, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is that your photoshop @topfive!? Aww damn @hakeem94 with the snake-like move that rivals Melo's exit from Houston..

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Course, now the team has to be really creative to come up with a team that can be competitive (the idea of contending is long since gone). But yea, this is a cluster of a season... first to worst, who would have thunk.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:

My dad reminded me Avery Johnson was a Rocket too.

hakeem94 and dc rock like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we just moved up to #2

HakeemOnlyFan and hakeem94 like this.
  7. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Ugh... Melo is Trash. And to think I was one of the people that hoped it would work out. Hoping Harden and CP3 could indeed bring out "Olympic Melo". D'antoni is also to blame for this debacle...He handled the whole Melo situation wrong. I'm sorry but James Ennis and Gary Clark are no better than Melo, he should have just stroked Melo's ego, started him and just take him out early.....Or at least gave him a chance to suck as a starter before benching his butt. But that should be another story in a different tread.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the only way Melo can still be relevant, quit. Otherwise, there is no story. I played city league etc. into my early forties. I should have quit earlier. In the mid to late thirties, even the most elite skill set deteriorates. I once had a 36" standing vertical. By my early forties, I wasn't getting but a few inches off the ground. When I was young I was under 200lbs. By forties, I was 6'4" 235. The only thing that continues is shooting. It's life. Melo should call it a career. To most who have played, his basketball life was a dream come true. Got to know when to hold them and when to fold them.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's probably already on lakersground lol

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek: < FOR SAFETY!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my bad

DreamShook likes this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Obvious there are other internal matters. I think he plays okay except in that last game.​

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Carmelo had a tremendous approach during his time with the Rockets and accepted every role head coach Mike D’Antoni gave him

I am pissed at this quote. If this is true, what the heck. This is no way treating another human-being, let alone a NBA player. Better not be true. We have been trying so hard to bring him over and then cut him like that. Jeff B's departure/return is part of this?

clutchdabear, jcf and Rocket River like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

It is not Carmelo's fault or Morey's fault or Chris' fault or James' fault or Thaddeus Brown's fault or Keith Jones' fault or the Rockets fault.

IT IS WESTBROOK'S FAULT!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

But really, I don't care. Goodbye. Good riddance. Too bad they just didn't cut him immediately. I don't care if has another spot lined up or not or if they have to eat the veteran's minimum money. Just get rid of him already! Get rid of the hanger on-er!

And don't stop there. Michael Carter-Williams, you next.

YOLO and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Now Morey can focus focus on getting a legit two way threat and we can finally begin to see daylight again. I’m a little sad that it didn’t work out but I’m excited for the future at the same time.

Come on Morey!!! Close the circle!Bring us who we need!

Please?!

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Couldn't except the bench role... we all know it. He seems like a good guy, but just a selfish as f basketball player at the end of the day that puts his own game over the needs of his team.

Melodrama.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  18. mockster

mockster Member

Melo involved in a trade to Celtics for Hayward

Or he’s waived and Portland picks him up

19. kevcai

kevcai Member

Does he still get a championship ring when we win the title this year?

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Banana Boat!

There is no way Tilman is going to pay him $2.4 million this season.