1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So all I heard all offseason was how Melo was a bad fit, and made the Rockets worse.

Now that we agree with that assessment and want to reduce his role it's a problem. HE is the one that wants off the team, yet we are somehow "scapegoating" Carmelo. I know the country hates the Rockets with a passion, but this is white house level spin doctoring to make us look bad.

BigMaloe, Easy, noppeper and 6 others like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Ty Lawson's ghost is still haunting this team.

I saw McFail was laughinh on TV last night while NBATV was showing Dwight running back and forth unhappily in a suck ass, under achieving Wiz team, while the next screen moved to a shot of JBB standing on the sideline with his failing Griz and the look of "WTF am I going to do now?!"

Things happened for a reason.

Hunt down the demon of Ty Lawson and this world will return to balance again.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, they want to control him as an ASSET - waving him costs the team money.

DD

4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

What happened to adapting, working hard and figuring it out? As a veteran he has to realize where he is and it’s time for re-invention and do work. I kinda live for the blue collar days of sports #oldmanalert

jcf and noppeper like this.
  5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

You seem like a terrible person.

jcf and napalm06 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

excellent basketball related post there

DonKnock likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This scapegoat crap that Wade brought up is literally the "internet" like Black Adam Schefter. The internet has been making jokes about the Rockets and saying Melo is a reason for the poor start to the season.

The role, style of play and minutes are obviously not working for Melo. He stuck it out in OKC last year.. looks like he's ready to move on. The problem for him is that every team wants to play this way now.

#867 sammy, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    BigM likes this.
  8. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Right but all these reports and stories are the Rockets saying they want to get rid of Melo not the other way around.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Good post.

Singing him was a no brainer , you get anything out of a player on a minimum contract and its a win … if not , no real loss.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Exactly. It’s pretty ridiculous.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, but as usual we underestimated the impact that his personality and locker room persona would have in chemistry. We hit on a rare commodity last year, and then we blew it up....you need a good mix of role players and stars.

If Melo is filling a ROLE player slot but still wants to be a star and his friends on the team - CP3 and Harden try to help him....it RUINS team chemistry.

Addition by subtraction is what we have here.

Morey sort of blew it - to be honest.

DD

12. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Asset lol A terrible player on a Vet Min contract isn't an asset

13. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

So I don't think "The Rockets" are scapegoating Melo. I think what Wade and others are talking about is the Media and Fans scapegoating Melo.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Exactly. I think Wade even used the word "they", which is irresponsible.

These guys pay attention to the memes. Look at KD

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What money? more than half of his salary is paid by the NBA anyway.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Objection, your honor: assumes facts not in evidence, calls for conclusion, calls for speculation. :cool:

(Almost all first and second-hand evidence that we have heard says that it's Melo's on-court fit, not his demeanor or personality that has caused chemistry issues).

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

You are missing the whole point - Ennis is not starter on a contender. Possibly not even a backup. Same for MCW, Carmelo, Clark. Who are we left with?

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm a big Clark fan, but I keep seeing ppl saying he's shooting well from 3. Not yet. I think ppl confuse Clark with Ennis...Ennis is the one shooting 40%.

They look alike and wear very similar numbers -- 6 and 8. Anyone else see ppl in game chat attribute all good things Ennis does to Clark (even the announcers mix them up), and attribute all bad things Clark does (can't shoot yet) to Ennis.

it's weird.

BigMaloe, Easy, ElPigto and 1 other person like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that wasn't the post that was replied to. saying that you can just park anyone on the floor and they'll automatically hit 3s is just false

and yes the rockets still have a glaring hole at the 3 spot. thats been brought up in several occasions

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clark and Ennis are different people? WOW. Our depth is amazing.

AroundTheWorld likes this.