1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

At this point physiologically is not even possible even if he stays, the drama that has surfaced the past couple of days will definitely take it's toll on the chemistry moving forward

Zboy and HP3 like this.
  2. GottaHaveHeart

I did. I watched were at times team was trying to get him involved and giving him shots. Melo is perceived to be a player where if his “O” isn’t going his “D” slips. He started to resort to post ups where as our O philosophy is not that. The problem Melo doesn’t want the Ryno role. He wants a prominent one.

3. amaru

amaru Member

It would make sense to focus on the main problems first instead of smaller ones but hey, whatever.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What drama??????? @heypartner

lol...live look at @heypartner

[​IMG]

robbie380 and ryano2009 like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

No I definitely get it. This team struggles with basic concepts like switching and off the ball movement. That, combined with poor shooting and injuries is why we have a pathetic record. Melo certainly isn’t helping change any if that, but cutting him won’t cause guys to pay more attention to their defense assignments. Melo is a problem, but he’s hardly the main problem. We should be addressing our fundamental flaws before our ancillary flaws. But I guess the Rockets brass feels that waiving Melo will get the fans off their backs for a few games.....until the losses continue to pile up anyway.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What drama? Fake drama?

I mean, we can go around and around here. You are either scapegoating Melo, or you are buying into ESPN's fake drama.

At worst, Melo is whining in a corner by himself (like Ryan Anderson did) and the rest of the team is just going on about their business. But since it's Melo rather than Ryno, the media has to create clicks, and you're apparently a sucker for that.​

As for the interview, Morey never once conducted an interview about Dwight, because that was actual drama. This isn't. Get over your butthurt that Melo caused drama and you need a scapegoat.

[​IMG]

I don't know what this means. I want to cut him. Certainly it has nothing to do with you being wrong about some Big Risk in signing someone to what amounted to as a 10-day contract.

@Zboy is just a drama queen.

HP3 likes this.
  7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

So is Melo cut or not?

J.R. likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Read your own post and tell me who sounds like a drama queen here lol...

The butt-hurt is real!

DaDakota likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Just got a Yahoo report saying hes been informed his time is done.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. heypartner

You should send that to CP3 and Gordon, apparently he's hurt by the Melo drama so much he can't shoot.

As for your butthurt that needsa scapegoat...here's one. Hope this makes you feel better.

[​IMG]

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Didn't understand anything in this post. Again, context is everything. The WHOLE team sucked earlier in the season. The offense as a whole looked terrible. Any other player, coming to a new team in a new role, with its superstars in & out the lineup, will be inconsistent in the first 10 games lol.

The difference is ppl here are fascinated w/ hating Carmelo Anthony

jcf likes this.
  14. heypartner

delusional much?

lulz...how can I be a drama queen if I think there's no drama, yet you've been crying drama all day long.

poor Zboy, delusional like tinman for believing Lin threads mattered, and delusional again for believing ESPN fake drama matters.

[​IMG]

mockster likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually, that was word of the off-season on this forum.

Thinking that Melo could have worked when everything about his past, especially his immediate past, said it would not. :D

16. hakeemthagreat

Stop there. THIS is the biggest problem. Melo's simply a victim of others ppls "preconceived" notions of who he used to be. That's 95% of where y'all silly opinions of him come from. You did the same thing to Smooth before he got here. Now it's Melo. Somehow DMo is still loved. I don't get it

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. heypartner

That was a prediction. And you were correct, when you said it's laughable to think he'd work out.

But there was no risk. So, many of us went through the thinking process to allow CP3 and Harden to try, if they want. If it doesn't work out, just cut him as early as possible.

Clearly CP3 and Harden had to OK Melo....if not actually campaign for the chance to try. Don't know why you and @J.R. have to spend the whole day bloviating drama and projectile bumping 20 old threads to say "I told you so," when there was no risk...

...and that no risk has just been proven (unless you need a scapegoat)...just like you being correct and CP3 being wrong was proven.

#758 heypartner, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    HP3 likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He has never had a coach of Pops level to work with.

With Pop's coaching I think he will take his game to the next level and finally become a winner.

He would be a completely different player under Pops.

DaDakota and SamFisher like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk saying Zboy was right is like saying Skip Bayless is right when one of his hot take predictions come true.

There's never really any insightful posts with the dude, he just complains.