1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More disrespectful to troops: Kneeling during anthem or not honoring fallen soldiers due to the rain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Nov 11, 2018.

?

More disrespectful?

1. Kneeling during anthem

2. Skipping a ceremony honoring fallen soldiers due to rain

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I never said it did but to say that ww1 soldiers would've opposed Trump is just silly

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

should have included 3rd option - saying POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured. or attacking a gold star mother. its mind boggling that the people who scream the loudest about how much they love the military (and how much their political opponents hate the military) could ever support someone who said what trump said. and 'member that trump refused to apologize for either those things.

the troops also dont like when the president makes military policy through twitter...neither do their commanding officers, who are constantly having to tell their troops to ignore the president and that there are no policy changes until you hear it from your commanding officer. transgender ban, discharging non-citizens and all this other crap he throws out there to excite his base does nothing but cause confusion and problems.

Nippystix, Amiga, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Trump certainly is no Justin Tredaeu or Obama when it comes to paying respects.... Tredaeu from last year...

edwardc likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guarantee you that if Trump was POTUS during WWI or II he would have had the US fight on the side of the Germans

JuanValdez and CometsWin like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm no fan of 45, to say the least, but anyone getting outraged over his behavior in the rain isn't a whole lot more logical those people getting outraged over someone else taking a knee.

Agree that insulting POW's and gold star families was in a different orbit than all this other stuff. But dude just insults everyone and everything that doesn't flatter him, constantly. It's not even news-worthy.

6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...at least the Donald had the good sense to wear a dark suit instead of a tan jacket. Can't question his fashion sense...

...marrying an ex-model does have its advantages..

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think this is more disrespectful to American soldiers.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Seems to most here that's what he did by saying those that were kneeling are disrespecting the flag he attacked them so if anyone has been disrespectful it been trump.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's what a real leader does Tredaeu and Obama are Gentleman trump not so much.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the rain aggravates his bone spurs

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I respectfully disagree here. I think it's important to highlight the faux outrage that is out there, and why that faux outrage is silly.

It is silly to burn jerseys of NFL players because they are kneeling for the National Anthem, and therefore "disrespecting the veterans," but then turn a blind eye when the president cuts the budget for the VA.

And if you are outraged at the kneeling, in order to not be a hypocrite, wouldn't you HAVE to be outraged at the President's actions over the weekend?

If you are picking and choosing when to be offended, then you are part of the political charade, intentional or not.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile...

amaru likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile...

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good lord, the French Army just strategically dominated the Tweeter-in-Chief.

"it's raining but doesn't matter, we're still motivated"

The bad news: we just lost a war to the French
    The good news: a better health care system since they just owned us.

Deji McGever and KingCheetah like this.
  16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Ah, well played.

17. adoo

adoo Member

amaru and edwardc like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Intent? Are you serious?
    Do you know what Kneeling's intent was?
    Do you know a soldier suggested it? Intent?

Once again the Soldiers are a shield for which your president can hide behind to avoid any criticism

Rocket River
    Intent .. . GTHOH

Nippystix likes this.
  19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I absolutely support the criticism of Colin Kapernick. Regardless what a few veterans may have told Colin, a very large portion of us (yes I’m a veteran) were highly offended by him kneeling. Once he knew he was offending such a huge portion of veterans and families of veterans, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice, he lost the ability to claim “no disrespect intended” with any sincerity.

Now that was my personal opinion of Colin and his actions. That being said, regardless of how disrespectful I found his protest of the flag, I also support him having the right to kneel during the anthym if that’s how he wants to use his 1st ammendment rights.

But remember this, excersising your rights does not come without consequences. I have a right to be offended by it and be vocal about it. The owners of the team have the right not to have Colin representing their organization by kneeling during the National Anthym.

So yes, I support Colins right to kneel during the National Anthym but I also support our rights and the rights of the men who own the teams to react in whatever legal way they wish to react.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes I know what Colins intent was and so do you, he never tried to hide it. I don’t know what soldier advised him to kneel but he didn’t ask this old soldier and I, like many other veterans found it exceptionally offensive.

Once Colin knew what a huge portion of veterans and family members of veterans (so who sacrificed their lives) he was offending, he continued offending anyway. At that point he lost the, “No Disrespect Intended” argument. Once you know your actions are highly offfensive and you continue those actions anyway, you are intending to be offensive.