1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It’s fun for us fans to know our offers, but I doubt Morey likes it, assuming he and his close-circle team weren’t the ones who leaked it to the media.
    yet Shams says NOLA was in talks, too, a direct rival with Minny for playoff seeding. That annoys me. Guess Minny preferred a PG over Gordon, or they treated only Houston differently.
    This is an odd take of what cyberx news is about. I don’t see any of the “blue check boys” like Shams and Woj reporting trade rumors any differently. What does “assuages our anxieties of what can be done” even mean? If it means reporting next news of what Morey is doing, I suspect he will.

Vivi, mikol13, malakas and 3 others like this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He's saying that cyber doesn't come back after the trade loss and give a rallying speech to keep morale up. Apparently that is now a requisite element of the insider presentation.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

So Morey basically offered what a lot of people thought was a legit offer...****ing Wolves...

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Matt Moore of course assumes EG would be unhappy in Minny. And we have heard from @Nook that EG wouldn't mind a chance at starting.

Nook likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Look, the 4 firsts + Knight/Chriss offer. I think that was more than solid. BUT I get the Wolves stance in not getting back a player(s) that can help now.
    So if they rejected that offer on that issue, I get it. And moving Dieng wasn't there as well. Though now we see NO OFFER was going to move Dieng.

So, now we find out Morey's "final" offer. Morey wanted to hold PJ and EG back. And offer 4 firsts. Now Morey relents. EG IS in the package. And 2 firsts. I mean, gotta say that pisses me off that the Butler deal did not get done on that offer. That is a good offer. Morey isn't being "stingy" there in my opinion.

Screw you Thibs.

@Clutch I know you love to keep the Firsts, but do you do that Butler offer of EG + 2 Firsts?

Clutch and Vivi like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

@Deuce i also don't see Saric as a great fit in a team with already zero defense, i like Saric a lot but Wolves are going to play him next to KAT going forward...good luck with that, also cause they have piss poor defenders on the perimeter too.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Saric will fit in just like Bjelica did. Basically a talented player that Thibs does not know how to use.

heypartner, HP3, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  9. cyberx

cyberx Member

LOL - my sincere apologies.. Should I apologize that the rockets didn't get LBJ either? What a baby. I tell everyone here last year that Butler was unhappy and the rockets wanted him before anybody. What else do you guys want from me. Start paying me to my cyberfundme and I'll issue out apologies as well.

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Don't worry about these knuckleheads they are just mad Morey struck out again. Keep feeding us info @cyberx. Dark times right now in Houston

slothy420, lionaire, amaru and 4 others like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Fucc that guy man. You do more than could ever be asked for this board.

Same with Codman.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

But not Plowman or Holic.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I actually was saying you don't come back with stuff that cheers us up; because it doesn't exist. This guys interpretation of what I meant was and is incorrect.

As I clearly said. You have intel. The intel doesn't exist to cheer us up. You aren't here to tell us what's next because you either a) don't know or b) can't share. It's not a knock on you or an expectation that you'll be here to tell us what we want to hear, it's simply a fact. We get excited because you share stuff and when it doesn't come to fruition, it's not like you magically can tell us that the Rockets have eyes on Anthony Davis.

I'm not here to cut you down because a lot of people come here specifically to read you. You bring a lot to this site to a lot of people.

basketballholic likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Another part of insider rigmarole here is to present some personal trauma if your insider information doesn't pan out. Might I suggest a sick baby or getting ill from drinking tap water?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to move on.

DD

16. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I rarely post. All I will say is please don’t take this type of feedback seriously. You and your insight are one of the things that make this board what it is. Keep doing what you do! And thank you for sharing what you can and when you can.

17. rockets13champs

Just keep giving us news. We don’t care if it don’t pan out half the time. We just like having intel to what is going on

DonKnock likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Morey: "Hello, Thibs? If you can hold off till Dec. 15, I can bump that deal up to four 1sts, Knight, and a 10-time All-Star and future Hall of Famer."

Thibs: "Hmm... good defender?"

Morey: "Did I mention the Olympic gold medals?"

Thibs: "Wait... never mind. Deal's already gone through."

*click*

Morey: "Elton? What's new? Hey, would you by chance be interested in a 10-time All-Star and future Hall of Famer?"

DonKnock likes this.
  19. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Do what you do.
    Screw the haters

DonKnock likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

To all you new @cyberx haters, get in line.

I’ve been hating him for a LONGER time!

But not for his insider rumors, I respect those.

It’s because of the time he told me that his favorite hot sauce was some basic ass stuff, like sriracha...and his profile picture is a thing of hot sauces. This is why no one likes California.

cyberx, DonKnock and kevC like this.