1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/11/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We get it man, you are rooting for the Rockets to lose so you can be proven right.. We get it.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

For one half, we saw the supernova that was the Houston Rockets of yesteryear. That's a start. If the Rockets can maintain that offense for 4 quarters, then we'll probably see 20-30 point blowouts again, but until then, as long as the Rockets have a good lead I don't feel too worried.

The defense absolutely was solid, so even in that anemic final quarter I didn't need to stress. However, just like last year, I'd like to see some more variety in the late game sets. The Rockets were struggling with that in the regular season of last year as well, until they figured something out in the playoffs. I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.

This was an encouraging win, if nothing else then for the offense that we saw in the first half. Chris Paul and James Harden finally played like Chris Paul and James Harden, not Chris Paul OR James Harden.

I really, really like Gary Clark. One of those "right place, right time" high IQ players that you find once in a blue moon. A bit like rookie Parsons, but bouncier and a better shooter (slightly) and help defender. Those weakside blocks are a thing of beauty.

Next game is going to be damn tough, but if the offense is clicking, the Nuggets won't know what hit them.

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Full Game Highlights...

DreamShook and amaru like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, its so funny we get a win, and this game thread is almost barren compared to yesterdays LOOOL.

6. JazzLakerHater

Still going to take a while for me to trust this team, but tonight was a good first step. We actually, you know, hit shots.

BigShasta and Remlap like this.
  7. macan

macan Member

dam we only have 24 pages when we got a win??we have a lot more pages when we lose...

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Many types of insects and invertebrates like to come out of the woodwork when it's dark and rainy. Seems that Clutchfans is host to an infestation. Wins will exterminate them, so I sure hope the Rockets kick ass the rest of the year.

swordghost, jcf, DonKnock and 10 others like this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I am rooting for the Rockets to get better role players so we dont have to start a rookie.

10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Holy hell look at Ennis's stat line and +- compared to the rest of the team!

James Ennis 22 minutes 0-3 0-2 0-2 0 1 1 2 1 0 0 2 -12 0 points

jboslett, BigShasta and ak99999 like this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe because people were having a good day outside with the fam or in the house while watching the game.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Against Jokic Clint is a must

DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Losses are *never* boring.

If fact, the only continued talk about this game will be mentioning all the negatives.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

My man, I like the way you think.

[​IMG]

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets were due for a game like this.

Let’s hope that wrist and knee are getting better for CP3... and we will see more games like tonight.

Gary Clark has a long way to come offensively but he looks like he “gets it” and should get some minutes even if he struggles shooting.

DonKnock, joshuaao, ramotadab and 6 others like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

That is pretty unfortunate. Theres nothing inherently wrong with criticizing your team, it's just that most of it is hot take garbage without any analysis.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

If Clark gets a shot, its game over and I would happily put him over Ennis as well. Clark is just so so amazing at help defense. He does it without fouling and he goes straight up and down.

jboslett, juanm34 and amaru like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Too bad we don’t play the Pacers anymore

19. riko

riko Member

The big German is starting to do a better job moving his feet on defense especially the quicker smaller players. He doesn’t get beat like he used to early in the season. He also sets some good picks for James and Chris.overall he still has poor hands catching bounce passes but he is improving

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wait a second...

Harden only took 2 shots that weren't 3s?

Wtf lol