1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with what Melo is doing on the court. He seems to be trying to adjust and give us what we need. It's well worth $2.4M and a roster spot.

I'm not fine with stories coming out, certainly not this early in the season, about him being unhappy with his role. I assume the organization would never put out that story on its own, and therefore the leak is coming from Melo or his camp.

We don't need headaches. We don't need drama queens. Melo's on-court performance, minus the destructive drama of dealing with stories like this, isn't worth $2.4M. It isn't even worth zero. If he's putting this out, dump him. Now.

bumbum09, alethios, malakas and 18 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Oh my..choppy waters ahead if true

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

@Zboy was right

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can understand what you're saying here, and it's nice to hear from someone level-headed on the anti-Melo side.

I see it as a gamble that had a very low chance of paying off. The Chris Paul player-coach effect.

I seriously think the team isn't hurt if he is booted right now, and I don't think our current record can be traced specifically to him. That's why I don't think it was a huge risk.

This season is a crap show and everyone is on the hot seat; Tilman (not his job security, but his sanity and decision making), Morey, D'Antoni, Paul, Melo. Nobody except Harden is really completely safe from having a meltdown at this point. (Harden ain't going anywhere. He is the king of this kingdom).

I really think Melo is serving as a symbol for all that has gone wrong. BUT - if he is the one pushing a role conversation right now (as signs are indicating), I have zero sympathy for him and he will probably be unwillingly retired from the NBA shortly.

BigMaloe, HP3 and KlutchQT like this.
  5. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

We have 5 straight games of holding teams under 100 points 4 of which Melo played a good amount of minutes in. Defense isn't the issue Offense is the issue.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To be fair, he's probably been playing heavier minutes than they'd like due to injuries -- with the luck we've had so far, we've just needed guys to soak up minutes even if it's beyond their ideal threshold. Kinda hard to have a very short leash when your rotation is already shortened and you rarely get even league-average play from the guys you do have available.

Hmc415, topfive and J Sizzle like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Cancerelo is still the same - drop his ass.

DD

BigMaloe, fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m just referring to the type of posts insinuating that we shouldn’t be criticizing Melo because he’s only on a vet min contract when the guy is still getting 30 mpg and is 4th on the team in shot attempts...he had the role of a crucial rotation piece, and now we’re in discussions with him because of issues pertaining to his role which is just ridiculous...Melo wants to win, but only on his terms, he is always putting himself before the team

YOLO, BigMaloe, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think it's not even $2.4M, it's $1.5M against the cap which i think the league actually pays for too. in any case, i'm happy to just be gone with him. @Zboy @YOLO #SerenityNow!!

11. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's a fair point. Injuries have inflated his minutes. My point is still just that the notion that he was a low-risk signing isn't entirely correct. There were better, easier-fitting, options for the vet-min, who absolutely provided less "risk" than somebody like Carmelo, who has obvious baggage attached to him.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You've got some audacity defending Melo with his name in your moniker. lolz

14. aroundtheblock2

Almost started a thread on this. Harden has def taken a step back, Paul obviously has an issue, and Gordon has taken a step back.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Can’t disagree with this. That said, I think Melo is more of a distraction than he’s worth.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is what I was afraid of Will, when people said whats to lose with minimum vet.

Chemistry and headache.

Where there is Melo, there is drama.

That's a constant. Always has been.

Which is why I wouldnt want him EVEN if he was a better player than he is.

BigMaloe, Blake and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Clearly there is some bad juju around this team. Glad to see that we are acting quickly to get rid of anchors weighing us down.

Blake likes this.
  18. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

If Melo is the one requesting a meeting with Morey and not the coach then I agree that is too much drama for a vet min player.

My guess is MDA wanted to cut Melo's role maybe completely out of the lineups and Melo got upset. Just a guess by me but that seems more likely what has happened.

BigMaloe and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

MDA saying "ask Daryl" got me back to Dwight interview with ESPN after he left the Rockets when he said he went to Morey asking for more touches lol

BigMaloe and OldYelllowDog like this.
  20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm guessing Morey thought low-risk, high-reward for whatever reason. I've never understood his obsession with Melo.

Easy likes this.