1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Most hated teams on Rockets list.

1)Utah
    2)Warriors
    Coming in out of nowhere 3)Minnesota

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

That isn’t going to work. Cp3 will be another year older. He is already showing decline this year. We Capela a big contract and he’s not even a star. The rockets simply do not have enough. We have to make a move to contend. Other teams will continue to get stronger.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Finally the rockets can move on. Bazemore? Winslow? What can Brandon knights contract, a couple development players and 4 1st rounds get us?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/10/sports/basketball/jimmy-butler-76ers-traded-timberwolves-.html

The New York Times reported last month that Minnesota had come close to trading Butler to the Miami Heat on at least two occasions in the ensuing month, for a package that included the promising Miami swingman Josh Richardson and a future first-round pick.

The Timberwolves also rebuffed numerous approaches from the Houston Rockets. Aside from Philadelphia, Houston had been Butler’s most aggressive suitor in recent days, offering four future first-round picks in its latest proposal. But Minnesota owner Glen Taylor and Thibodeau were intent on trading Butler to an Eastern Conference team.

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  5. aroundtheblock2

Because they wanted to act like the Spurs lol. Pathetic.

hakeem94, DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  6. shlhl

shlhl Member

1)Warriors

Hakeemtheking and Reeko like this.
  7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ear: Thibs and camp wanted Jimmy out of the West. Our offer was better for the long run. Watch for a greater implosion next.

The NBA is in the back of my mind....some woman hit my car so hard today that it's totaled. Can't catch a break, like Stromile couldn't catch a pass.

Bills. Life....

welp

XO

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Oh my, feel for you Codman. Take care. :(

9. krouchchocolate

Isn’t it kinda stupid Bc butler could always go to a western team once he is a FA?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, Clippers, Lakers, maybe others...that's why i don't think the biggest reason why they didn't trade Butler here was because they wanted him in the East.

11. macan

macan Member

can we shut this thread down plz..it gives me bad dream....

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't believe that this happens BEFORE the tread reaches 500 pages!

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Robert Covington shot 17-64 (26.6%) during the '14 Summer League and was cut by Houston right before the season started. Since Daryl and Sam Hinkie tend to like a lot of the same players (MCW ****), he was picked up by the 76ers and became an important part of this trade. If not, he probably would have bounced around the league without reaching his potential. Who else wanted to play him 30+ minutes a game for three seasons while winning about 19 games a year? Anyway, lock this **** up.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  14. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I don’t doubt cyberx, because I’ve been around the board a long time and have seen him actually drop inside info. Plus, he was co-signed by Clutch.

But, this Codman guy was just a regular fan who posted here until one day, he and others started calling him an “insider.”

Until Codman gets co-signed by Clutch, let’s just consider him a fan just like everyone else on this board.

15. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Lmao... “ears” like people call you telling you random nba trade rumors. Who are you, a reporter?

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

@Codman is legit and has Clutch’s stamp of approval, too. He has relationships with Nene and Trevor Ariza, along with friends/associates in NBA circles. For your sake, I suggest you stop questioning him. Continuing to do so will not end well for you.

DonKnock and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

If he was co-signed by Clutch, then I take it back. I have only ever seen Popeye and Cyberx co-signed by Clutch, so I must have missed it.

And no needs for threats buddy; who are you anyway. I have been on this board and supporting this site since ‘96, and Clutch knows I support the site.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I understand how my post could be viewed as a threat, but I was just stating a fact. When someone attacks a well-respected member of a message board for no reason, there will be plenty of blowback.

As for who I am, it’s irrelevant to the point, but I’ll share anyways. I’m a 35-year-old native Houstonian that is a diehard Rockets fan and has been a member of this site since the 90s, like you. If you check my profile, you’ll see I’ve contributed to the site, too. I don’t post that much because I have more important things to do than spend all my time here.

FWIW, @Codman has stated on multiple occasions that his sources run in different circles than those @cyberx has.

#9418 DVauthrin, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

All right you 2 purest

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

#9420 CHI, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.