1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

When have I said that? I dont think you will ever find me saying that i didnt think the wolves were interested in Gordon and Tucker. And if I did, I was wrong and I apologize(but again I doubt it). Tucker(and James) literally has been one of the only bright spots on this team through out all this crap. And if you think Butler was gonna make this team(the way its playing) compete with the Warriors, you are absolutely mistaken. Go check Tucker's stats(advanced) last year in the playoffs and get back to me.

I have never said that about the roster at the beginning of the reason. I thought with a couple more good wing defenders we could compete with the Warriors, yea that I will admit. No one knew(NO ONE) knew we would be as bad as we have been. In fact youd be crazier in the off season if you actually thought that. Firstly, yea they did, I'm sure they thought plenty before making that trade,they didnt need to throw in a FRP cause Thbis is an idiot and wants to focus on winning now. Seconly, Gordon and Tucker are better than Saric and Covington imo, and the Sixers were not a championship team, I dont even know think they are right now. Also why bring up the 4 firsts when the trade didnt even go through LOL.

So far, everything youve said relied on hypotheticals and I havent found a thing you were proven right on.

#9361 HP3, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Guess we aren't turning the corner any time soon

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

godly metaphor!

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Butler is not what we needed anyway

sage281 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Because he's actually a good GM.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Meh this sucks

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The trade is what it is--a way for Thibs to salvage this season and a way to move Butler to the East.

He better hope the Derrick Rose Resurgence tour isn't derailed soon.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Does roasting your own team really give you this much enjoyment, .....god man. Its really sad.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Biggest blue ball thread in CFans history? I think so.

DonKnock, HP3 and Deuce like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

General J.R. Bitterness talking about general soreness

chievous minniefield and HP3 like this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

100%
    Even if WOJ says it, doesn’t make it a fact. You saw dudes reporting on the Butler and 3rd stringers scrimmage

luckyman76, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

The rockets make me appreciate the Texans more....

14. hakeemthagreat

Why do I feel the league is pushing teams not to trade stars to Houston? Every time we get close theres always something. My thinking is the NBA has its darling teams & we're not one of them. GS, Lakers, Boston, NYK & SAS. I'm sure the league loves Butler coming to Philly

luckyman76, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Oh well. Let’s tank for RJ Barrett.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

What do we need then?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe you should just stick to the Texans then, cause your b ball takes need some work.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Also, yea I think Sixers had the better deal tbh. We didnt offer any "win now" players for the Wolves, simple as that.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They had the better deal for Tom Thibodeau. If the Rockets were willing to give up 4 unprotected first round picks, then this was most definitely not the best deal for Minnesota.

What is this “win now” mode that people are all of a sudden claiming Minnesota is in. Let’s say Jimmy Butler and Covington cancel each other out (which they sure as hell don’t), was Minnesota a Saric away from beating us last year?

I’ll say it again, this was the best deal for Tom Thibodeau, and that’s about it. This was a brutal deal for the franchise if in fact 4 picks were on the table. Unless the reporting was false on our offer, Minny blew it.

However it because abundantly clear they weren’t giving him to us a while back so I don’t know why I’m so riled up. Haha. I just don’t want any justification to this trade besides Minnesota are dumb.

luckyman76 likes this.