1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

You flat out denied that wolves weren't interested in Gordon and tucker, even though there were numerous reports that said otherwise. You and most of the forum overrated the hell out of tucker and Gordon, talking about tucker being this invaluable piece to this team, when he was nothing more than just a replaceable role player.

I said they should've traded them all along, you thought this team was good enough to compete against the warriors. You were wrong. Here's a word of advice; the team that gets the best player, wins the trade. Do you think the sixers thought twice about trading there role players for butler? Didn't even need to throw in a first round pick. That's why you strike when the iron is hot, or else you end up having to add 4 picks into the trade.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

the key
    Morey is unable to unload Knight contract to 3rd team first before getting Butler.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

A lot of butthurt as expected. @Marteen :D

Philly (and MIami) had better offers.

"OMG, they didn't take our Brandon Knight/Marquese Chriss package? They're dumb! LOL Wolves!!!"

Windhorst said it, everyone just think 4 first round picks is some magic pill & can get them anything they want. NO!

It seems like four firsts is the magical number teams they think they can offer to get anything but that seems to fail. We remember the Celtics offering four firsts to move up to draft Justise Winslow. Hornets took Frank Kaminsky. I remember the Hawks, when Paul George was available, the Hawks offered four firsts. Now we have Houston offering four firsts.

It's not great but it's OK.

Robert Covington
    Dario Saric
    Jerryd Bayless
    2020 second-round pick

for
    Jimmy Butler
    Justin Patton

(Jimmy & Justin were traded for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine & Kris Dunn)

Invisible Fan and Marteen like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You can't #RunItBack if you trade for Jimmy Butler, tbh. @J.R.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ComBomb: sources in the Liberty City say Jimmy Butler was just spotted yelling at the Rocky statue, saying he didn't work hard enough in his first fight with Ivan Drago…..

— Dan Cole (@CommonManKFAN) November 10, 2018

6. macan

macan Member

putting one last post on this historical no deal thread...
    back to ground zero!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you aren't ready to run it back with @nene, @Jharden13, @CP3, you need to stay home! #runasone #runitback
    If you got general soreness and aren't ready to run it back, you need to stay home! #runasone #runitback

mario_v likes this.
  8. Remix

Remix Member

Minnesota prioritizing sending Butler to the east over getting the best possible deal is why they will always be Minnesota

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We did not make a better offer than that. We did not offer 4 picks with EGo. Likely just 1 or 2.

Sarik and Covington combined are much better than Gordon ... much better. Sarik is arguably as good as Gordon by himself (and 5 years younger), and Covington is an elite wing defender (the League's Poster Child for 3 and D) ... easily worth a Top 20 FRP.

clutchdabear, BigMaloe, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering they are trying to compete now, they got decent role players. Not all GMs can see the big picture. That's why a coach cannot run a team as well. They will always be shortsighted. It doesn't help that the owner is also an idiot.

The Rockets deal wasn't great, but it could be great, but you can't win with future first round picks. Minni already rebuilt, they can't go back to rebuilding a few more years and waste KAT away. They may not be very good, but I think they owe their fan base at least trying to compete to make the playoffs.

I think Rockets fans can be really unrealistic. At the same time, we are lucky LeBron didn't offer 4 FRPs because Minni would of caved. Amirite @DreamShook ?

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm getting to the point where I miss the old days where rumors weren't everywhere. The trades happened when the trades happened and we didn't waste months thinking about trading for someone who never shows. Morey clearly goes for everyone out there and it's impossible to hit on even 10% of your targets unless your Golden State.

In my views this package was less than what we offered but Marc Stein had it right, Thibs didn't want to create a super team in the West. The irony behind it, is there was a chance even a likely chance Butler/Harden/ CP3 wouldn't have worked out as well as we all thought but the Wolves are so obsessed with making sure no one gets better than them, that they forget that literally no one is coming close to the Warriors until they break up. The Wolves are going to be mediocre because they are a mediocre franchise. I'm not sure how are franchise is now to be honest. We'll see how Morey is allowed to operate under Tilman for the remainder of the season and how much meddling happens.

I want this team to go one of two ways. A) Trade for cheap wing like Oubre using protected picks, like i've mention before (I know my avatar is Otto Rocket and that would be really fun but we aren't going to take on Otto Porter's salary, that much is clear) or just #runitback into the ground because this team isn't working anymore with the new rules put in place. We also don't have any replacements for Ariza or LMM. I don't think they are the reason we are bad, I just don't think we replaced them. I think we actually got worse by trading Anderson and Melton for unusable players to save Tilman some money.

This team with Harden will bounce back. I'm just not sure it will be this season.

12. aroundtheblock2

Well, this season is over. Good night everyone. See you all in 4 years when the roster is turned over. End of an era for Harden but it was as good as it could get just about, I enjoyed watching along the way.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THIS

HP3 likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Bulls Butler Trade B+
    Wolves 76ers Trade B

Equal value would be 76ers offer 1 First, not Second.

Justin has some value.

Second has zero value in my book.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Big faux.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like being injured his entire pro career?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I get that you're trying to spin this to try to make yourself feel better but Saric and Covington are not better than Gordon and tucker. And if saric and Covington are better, then why did morey turn down trading a lesser package of Gordon and tucker when he had the chance?

jcf and lionaire like this.
  19. lionaire

lionaire Member

This ain't it chief

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

His post never mentioned Tucker?

HP3 likes this.