1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the past 7 games the Rockets have scored under 100 points 5 times.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oogie boogie, Nov 8, 2018.

1. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Offensive lately dont look sharp. They look like they dont wanna win they just running around with no energy.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not saying 'change the system'... i'm saying adjust within a game when the desired game plan aint working...

One of the things I really liked about CP3 last year was when we'd hit these droughts from the 3pt line, he'd dribble in and pop off lil 5 ft jumpers...get us a couple high % buckets to try to get us back in a rhythm... and usually he got open shots...
    The thing about being so focused on 3s and layups is that the other team doesnt have to cover the middle ground - makes it much easier for them to defend...

How many times do you have watch Clint switch off of Adams only to have Adams abuse PJ, Melo or whoever got switched onto him... before you say 'hmmmm ya'know what, i know we typically switch everything...but Clint needs to stay on Adams...'

We dont make adjustments - which makes it hella easy for teams that are playing us....

i think getting Bzdelik back will be huge! I think he is the authoritarian who held guys accountable (esp on D) - whereas MDA is the 'rah rah keep shooting guy'... and there has to be a balance...

Houston288South likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea thats fine...but

Cp....is injured right now so that option isnt there. Im gonna ask, does anyone on this team look like they can shoot any type of sho? Like at all....who do you think? Melo?

That switching worked perfectly last year...but I donno if we ran a switch everything or rather a switch anything last year, I believe it was the latter. The same defense killed it for us last game so I dont know why it didnt work this game especially agaisnt an inferior offensive team like OKC?

Will see what happens, when he gets back. I hope what you are saying happens cause right now it looks real real ugly.

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Our bench is essentially 2 rookies and 2 vet min guys.

I like Clark but he isn’t ready for major minutes on a contending team. Hartenstien is getting minutes only because he’s the only back up big that isn’t hurt or gives a crap.

Gerald Green should be nothing but insurance aka should not be getting major consistent minutes.

Melo is the only one that should be in the consistent rotation but even then, it’s not good if he’s the only guy coming off the bench.

5. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Definitely is apart of it that we are slumping. I just think the main issue is on the defensive side of the ball. The guy's aren't making the defensive plays /rebounds which they were last year which is bleeding into the offense. All isolation again and half court offense and on top of that when they do miss its a battle to even get the board, slowing us down even more. Half court offense is also an issue, guys can't get past their man and not enough motion on offense, CP3 has to be breaking people down which he is not. Wierd to say but this many different issues is definitely not a good sign for a team trying to straighten the ship, if you want my honest opinion I don't even think Jimmy Butler would help us much right now. Mentally is probably the biggest thing facing this team, because a harden lead team 2 years ago looked light years ahead of this garbage.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats my point... what works one game against one team - isnt necessarily the best course of action against another team... and we dont adjust accordingly. The Pacers didn't have Adams killing us down low, so we could afford to switch CC... that wasn't the case this game against Adams - so we needed to make the adjustment... which we didnt - and got our arses handed to us... lol
    The whole mentality of 'we're just gonna play our game' is a short cut to thinking and ignores game planning for a specific team...

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We suck this year and people who thought we still have any chance at making a title run with the team is currently built are delusional.

Every team in the West outside of Phoenix got much better this season and we've gone 5 steps backwards after overpaying for CP3 and Capela.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think it's time we hire noted NBA offensive guru Bob Bzdelik.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't worry about this team's offense. It was the best offense ever last year. Losing Ariza and Luc isn;t going to drop that down to the worst offense.

It's 10 games in. Lot of season left.

CP3 play is not surprising. He had a bad hamstring injury. Takes time to come back from that. He's more than rusty, he probably still recovering.

10. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

We all talk about missing Ariza and Luc but we need to remember how many games in the regular season we won because of Anderson's hot shooting. We know he bacame useless in the playoffs but to replace him for players we won't use and adding not having Ariza and Luc too it's changing our play style we can't play just shooting 3s anymore.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We dont rebound on the offensive end AT ALL
    or the defensive end either

Too many lazy or risky passes
    so .. too many turnovers.

And dammit we can't shoot anymore

Rocket River

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This team just collects too many brickers.

This is Morey's fault.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Most of lazy or risky passes from Harden.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This team is not bettet that one Parsons+JLin+Harden.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

3pt%

Carmelo Anthony .328
    Gary Clark .273
    Chris Paul .271
    Gerald Green .263
    Eric Gordon .236
    MCW .200

The majority of our rotation is chucking absolute bricks

PeterKingX, GotGame15, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  16. Houston288South

I think all positions 1-4 need to switch. Then just have whoever is playing the 5 (Capela), just needs to stay on their man.

17. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

The problem is still with defense. We need stops to get transition points.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the 20th game will tell us a Tremendousers amount about the season.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The eye test confirms that! Man, just look at those 3pt percentages!

Rockets like to talk about "volume" with 3's, but all of those misses mean transition opportunities for the other team where the Rockets base defense isn't set. So it is a double whammy.

CP and EG are the Rockets 2nd and 3rd best scorers. They have to produce.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Been saying it for a couple weeks now. The Rockets aren't a good basketball team. Clear as day.

Maybe they'll improve, but as of now...it's 2015-2016 all over again.