1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUT CARMELO TOMORROW???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Oct 30, 2018.

1. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

When you watch the Rockets play just watch and that's it. No reason to get mad or upset because we literally stand no chance to beat the Warriors.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

did you just compare wade to carmelo anthony?

lnchan likes this.
  3. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

FACTS!!

saleem, douglasreedy1 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Ennis replaced Mbah a Moute :D

slothy420 likes this.
  5. lnchan

SI on Melo
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/07/rockets-chris-paul-james-harden-carmelo-anthony-stats-scores

Anthony are all on the floor together. That’s just not going to work. The stats paint a ghastly picture for Melo. In his 274 minutes, Houston has a minus-6.2 net rating. Even though Anthony is capable of going off offensively, his defensive effort has been what everyone feared when Houston signed him in the wake of losing Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute.

Anthony doesn’t even want to stay in front of anyone, and he’s constantly losing his man off the ball. He’s making up for these lapses by fouling, sometimes even blatantly shoving players from behind after they’ve gotten between him and the basket. It’s unfair to single out Melo when the whole team has been playing poorly defensively, and Anthony was still a low-risk signing at the vet minimum. But so far, he hasn’t offered much reward, and if his current trajectory continues, Mike D’Antoni will need to be much more judicious about his minutes

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

SI on Harden and Paul. Shall will break them up? Nah. Who cares about SI.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/07/rockets-chris-paul-james-harden-carmelo-anthony-stats-scores

The Rockets have a minus-5.1 net rating with both Harden and Paul on the court.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Just my eyeballs but Melo has been fine over all and more disciplined the last few games. I like him. We should go to him in the post more.

Probably need to move Gordon and use Melo as 6th man.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I agree. He hasn’t been perfect but I expect he will get better in the system as the season progresses. I also agree that we should use him in the post more. Harden has that elbow game he doesn’t use anymore, but Melo has a similar game on the block plus a few more traditional post moves.

When we aren’t hitting our threes or need a big shot to stabilize, that’s a good option imo. Also we need another option when playing GSW in playoffs. Layups and three attempts won’t cut it every game.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, Melo has been a solid bench contributor, especially when he is paired with Gary Clark, and MINUS MCW.

Very happy with our role-players. Not super happy with CP3, Beard and EG. They are starting slow, but I am not worried.

10. hakeemthagreat

I've noticed he's much more effective when playing with CP opposed to Harden. Harden isn't even looking for him when he's in the game. CP makes consertive effort to let him touch the ball

RyanB, hakeem94, sirbaihu and 2 others like this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

[​IMG]

As this screen shot from during one of our games clearly shows, Melo is a negative attribute to our team... -2 when he was on the floor - that is just unacceptable! He obviously does not deserve to be in the starting rotation... and the numbers have nothing to do with the rest of the bench players... ;)

(ps: yes, this is an actual screen shot from during a game, which amused me... so i saved it...) ;) lol

Remember, it's hard to fly like an eagle - when yer surrounded by a bunch a turkeys... lol

also @DaDakota
    @Inchan

#231 kjayp, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    hakeem94 and sirbaihu like this.
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Carmelo must go
    Tomorrow
    ‘cause two million dollars
    for Carmelo
    is too much

Just thinkin' about
    Carmelo
    Makes me wish we’d sell him
    for some fellow
    just as clutch

Tomorrow, tomorrow
    Cut Melo tomorrow
    He's always
    a trey
    away

tinman, slothy420, lnchan and 2 others like this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha we haven't play 20 games yet and the naysayers are ready to say I told you so.

lnchan likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

More like Can'thony!

J.R. likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

melo would never go 0 for they said

MrSabotage likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Westbrook factor again tonight.

17. BackdoorHarden

After tonight, I don't think we can beat the Ball Family Basketball team with

LAVAR
    LIANGELO
    LONZO
    LANANA
    LEMELO

RyanB likes this.
  18. shlhl

shlhl Member

Melo is cancer and contagious.

19. lnchan

I only hate Melo because I love the team. I predicted last year that OKC only has a chance if Melo doesn't play.

MrSabotage likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dear Carmelo...... Gon to da house! Knock it off!