1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans brought in JB friend Demaryius Thomas
    Astros brought in also-Tomball native Chris Herrmann

DO SOMETHING DARYL!

#8421 J.R., Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Easy, cbs1507, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  2. jcf

jcf Member

Daryl?

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

No that's @Carl Herrera, have you never noticed how much he's criticized TIlman being cheap. It all makes sense. I mean why else would we sign MCW?????

[​IMG]

jcf likes this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

I thought the "I'm" was a give away.

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL well then Cyber must know more than we thought.

jcf likes this.
  6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Lol how is that a troll comment? In your proposed awful trade, Minnesota trades Butler for JR Smiff and a 1st round pick. What don't you understand about your own ridiculous trade?

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wow, so not only is Glen old and senile. He’s also a cu*k smh.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Unless Tom Thibodeau is let go or Glen Taylor actually takes 100% control of trade talks Jimmy Butler won’t be traded before December (the specific date where summer Free Agent signings can be traded; I forget the exact day). Things can’t get much more dysfunctional waiting a little longer, Twolves seem to be playing with and without Jimmy, and more offers will definitely come in closer to that date.

You’re not going to convince Tom it’s not worth the wait. I use to think no way will things be allowed to stay this way until December but Tom has shown he doesn’t give a F. He can sell it to Glen Taylor as: worst case scenario we can still take Houston’s offer in mid December and their record will be worst then than if we give them Jimmy now, which will mean a better pick for 2019

EDIT: I also think Morey will move on from this sooner than we think. Kind of like the Melo summer where a lot of people imagined Morey was continuously trying and hoping, which I don’t think was the case

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. macan

macan Member

minny is shxt show, no more future stars would wanna play at that shxtty place

lionaire and DonKnock like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to give up Tucker or Gordon with a bunch of picks. They are gonna milk this one a long time. I'm already getting tired of the nonsense of them wanting so much.

HP3, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I wonder if Morey will use those 4 picks for something else if not Butler.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, from what we heard so far Taylor just never understood **** about basketball, and now that he's also old well, that probably doesn't help.

Personally, i would love to get Butler but after all the things we have read, i'm fully prepared to see him elsewhere or even in Minnie for the rest of the season.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Only for a star, problem is no star is available and probably no star will be available in a year, if not Davis, but Boston, Lakers, maybe other teams with more assets than us will be all over him.

DonKnock, HP3 and Zoplicone like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Agreed. I got excited when I heard about the idea of trading the 4 First rounders and Knights contract for a star, but then I looked up and down teams’ rosters and realized the star won’t be available. The only one that’s a possibility right now besides Butler is Love, and things with him are looking sketchy.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, personally i'm not even considering him cause i don't like him that much as a player to consider him a star, for me wouldn't be worth to give up multiple picks in that scenario...but with that said, other teams might still offer more than us especially since he's signed for multiple years.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

El Gnomo is a troll. I’m glad I have him on ignore

el gnomo likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when Minnesota (Vikings) gave up all those picks for Herschel Walker and set Dallas up for years of fame? Then the Vikings went into years of funk, because of it. We don't need to be setting up the Timberwolves by giving them too much for one guy. It would be our luck that he would tear an ACL or something.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

Marteen likes this.
  19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

capela watching the ball...

20. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I hate the fact that my expectations for this team was so high. It's extremely frustrating as a fan to watch this team perform and watch opposing teams score at ease. The defensive switching of our centers is comical to watch as you know exactly what's coming next .... an easy layup. Oh well, come home Jimmy.