1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spooky.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The Hornets at that time had no problems sending CP3 to the Lakers before Stern vetoed the trade and the Mavericks had no problem helping GS get KD by taking on Bogus contract but the Wolves won't trade Jimmy Butler to the Rockets because they are in the same conference even tho we are offering 4 freaking first round picks for a guy that will walk in less than 6 months. SMH we always getting screwed

3. Fantasma Negro

Lock this b**** up, its not happening

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefully he b**** slaps Thibs for holding trade up

5. Nook

Nook Member

Chris Paul was dealt to the Rockets before the Lakers... Stern vetoed both deals.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I go with the gossip rumor. The timelines matchup.

*Butler/gf of KAT sleep together in Italy.
    *KAT & now ex-girlfriend delete all images of each other around that time.
    *KAT refuses to sign extension if Butler is still with team.
    *Butler demands trade.
    *KAT signs extension soon after.

Butler needs out of that situation and KAT was promised Butler would be gone soon.

https://blacksportsonline.com/home/...-which-caused-their-breakup-tweets-ig-photos/

Some rumors are more interesting than the other rumors.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So you’re saying no Jimmy because of Jimmy

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You and I share the same opinion on most things, but this isn't one. He isn't a third star, no, but James Johnson is another elite role player that I personally believe is better than both Tucker and Ariza. We need more of those "super role players" if we can't get another star just yet.

BigMaloe, fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And surely heard yelling, “i’m here, cause you fkking need me. you can’t win without me.”

BigMaloe, topfive, shvedsucks and 5 others like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@holic burner confirmed

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I’ve moved on. He’d be an upgrade on the court; off, not so sure. Let’s snag Kevin Love. IMIT!

BigShasta likes this.
  12. pli777

pli777 Member

Exactly, especially when Rocket switches on defence. He's considered a big man but quick and agile enough to guard perimeter players.

If you are switching against GSW imagine him switching to Curry or Klay as opposed to other 6'3-6'5 guards, I would think his presence along and his quickness would distract their shots more than those guards.

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He's a hound dog that gets at it like PJ but with scary neck tattoos. We need him.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

isnt he injured and will miss a month of play to heal?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When the thread reaches page 500, something will happen.

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

@Nook was spot on.

At least now we know for sure the Wolves have no interest in him as a player (not shocking of course). If anything, he's an expiring contract now...

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe, Nook and 10 others like this.
  17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm at a bit of a loss. Some great Ears are telling me info that cannot be confirmed in multiple "spots," but I firmly stand by my past posts related to Jimmy. Our record sucks, and I don't know if Jimmy fixes that, but I do know that we miss Trevor Freaking Ariza as a player, locker room voice and the dependable durability. Come home soon?
    ___

I'll add these very minuscule whispers though:

Don't believe ALL of the petty rumors. Many have been made up by fans, and systematically, by players' management teams. Jimmy will be gone once Thibs gives up his dimming role.
    - KAT is not innocent in this...the boy who cried wolf...timberwolf? terrible joke lol
    - Wiggs just wants to be the man, but everyone knows he can't be the man. If not packaged, he will become the "face."
    -There have always been legs to Jimmy to Houston (like my past posts suggested) but it's complicated enough that some parts are greater than the whole. Jimmy and James are tight...Jimmy wants to win, and despite all the money talk, I stand by the winning >money belief. Jimmy will be paid regardless, but he's been losing for some time, and he's one of the most competitive guys in the league. Ron Artest competitive. Ron Artest crazy when things are rotten.
    -Our record leads some to panic...I've been told that's not the mindset in Houston, but "tweaks" are necessary. Is Jimmy a tweak? No, Jimmy is a monster move.
    -EGO is not a mandatory Minnesota piece in a trade for Jimmy. Also, One good Ear says Morey sees EGO's value to our championship hopes as essential.
    -The 4 pick offering is both true and false. True of picks offered, but the #4 has been suggested as inaccurate. (Makes sense in Moreyland)
    -Jimmy's money and interest in Minny parts places weight on the 3-team scenario I've mentioned. Even more so now...Miami never left, LAC is still teasing and New York has made a play. *These intrigue me, as I don't think Jimmy solves our issues altogether, but he adds some awesome potential to our team. I like some Freebirds in Minny, Miami, LAC and NY (also Brooklyn)
    ******Thibs has lost his locker room, despite his interviews discussing support. Jimmy has created cliques (sound familiar); Kat has a clique (sound familiar) and the guys who are neutral are uncomfortable. Thibs won't address it. Good Ear, though very early: Thibs is fired/bought out after Jimmy saga ends.

******I will likely exit this conversation (though read/lurk) because, as I've mentioned, my reach into this is not very strong. I am not retracting anything, but being respectful and honest to recognize someone else may have a longer reach with quicker intel.****

XO

Cod

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

Jones out tonight too... Hmmm

19. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Dont you tease me cyber... dont you do it

20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If Jimmy goes to LAC then I would love to snag Harrel and Bev back. Idk how Bev would feel about it but he can probably deal with it for a year.