1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Houston has to include Eric Gordon to get Butler deal done"-Woj on SC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

#34, gotsis, snowconeman22 and 13 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We must get Butler. Morey get it done. Otherwise morey will fire

D-rock and Crashlanded19 like this.
  4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Butler just hit a 3pt dagger against the Lakers in the final seconds.

D-rock likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That just drove Butlers price through the roof. "Who wants to sex" Thibs for Butler? Cause we ain't gettin Jimmy Buckets after that.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gordon for Butler is fine, but it depends on what else we send to sweeten the deal. Gordon + 4 picks for Butler is insane. Gordon + 3 picks... maybe. Depends on the protections.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don’t really see Gordon plus the 3 first round picks being much different than 4.

I mean clearly if you can get them to take 3 do it offourse but I wouldn’t turn down Butler who’s a top 10 player in the league over 1 first round pick 7 years from now.

It’s time the rockets make the Clyde dreamer like trade for butler and turn the season around.

Sure you gotta give up some fan faves and good role players and even draft picks but to me this trade must be done.

If I’m Morey I’m not playing around anymore.

Call thibs and the owner and tell them 4 picks with any players not named harden, cp3, Capela and tucker.

Anyone else can go with the 4 picks and Morey shouldn’t think twice.

Even if you have to only put top 3 protections on the 23 and 25 picks do it.

Can’t waste harden and cp3 last few years of elite play.

Harden cp3 butler tucker and Capela are insane good.

The bench would have atleast Melo and knight and most likely ennis.

That’s 8 deep that all you need the rest of the guys can but young unproven guys. Rockets would be fine.

gotsis, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Wait so do we have a chance to resign butler?

9. riko

riko Member

If the Rockets are offering four 1st rounders I am positive they already have had a discussion or two behind the scenes with Jimmy and his management regarding an extension.Plus he and James are extremely close so Harden probaly been doing his magic and selling the Rockets. Plus Morey is not in the business of just giving things away

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Would Morey be going after Butler so heavy and be willing to give up 4 1st round picks if we didn’t?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I think when it's all said and done, Morey's going to give up Gordon and as many picks as it takes to get Butler. He's a legitimate elite two-way player, right when we're having massive defensive problems. And he's that rare elite player we actually can get to Houston. The window is threatening to slam shut. I think Morey does this deal, even if it seems like we're giving up too much. And the funny thing is it still won't be enough to turn the season around if we don't bring in a real defensive guru with a good system. It's a tall order.

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

yea

13. rockets13champs

Only gave him a red shirt Bc he coming to Houston

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  14. izeroi

izeroi Member

Any team he is traded to can offer him a 5 year max. If he declines and goes elsewhere during FA then he can only sign a 4 year max.

So to answer your question yes we have a chance to resign him (if we do in fact get him in a trade) and a good one too with that one year extra we can offer. Not to mention no state tax, a chance to live near him family (not sure how much that matters), and a competitive ball club.

I do like our chances, but the beaches and nice weather of Cali or the scene of NY seem to matter more to some.

15. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

No offense, but Gordon can get the **** outta here on the next thing smoking.

Butler is a HUGE upgrade to Gordon.

Crashlanded19, Stormy1234 and Sajan like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes Butler is an upgrade on Gordon, especially for what the Rockets need most. But Gordon is also an elite player that contributes by doing everything well, including shooting at a high percentage from deep. He's off to a slow start like the rest of the team; he's in a shooting slump. But the guy is a really good basketball player on a value contract for 2 more years. Morey should do whatever he can to avoid having to give up Gordon in a Butler deal. And i'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's been doing: trying every other alternative than including Gordon.

If the deal comes down to Gordon, i still think it's worth pulling the trigger, but the team will only be slightly better without Gordon. People are really undervaluing EG's contribution to the best backcourt in the history of the league.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Gordon will return to his shooting slump in the playoffs as always

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We should just have a team of nothing but average efficiency players who don't like playing off the ball. 48 minutes of one on one iso ball with mediocre shooters to kick out to.

19. MystikArkitect

God Jesus this deal isn’t going to get done until Valentines Day?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance