1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MIN Not Moving on HOU’s Offer (Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight and 4 First Round Picks for JB)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by txn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. rockets13champs

Minnesota is the worst franchise in the NBA

HP3 and DonKnock like this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Fire Thibbs, problem solved.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If I'm butler I start to up my antics now .

sammy, Bobsputin, JuNx and 2 others like this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Butler is not coming here.

CapelaOnlyFan and J.R. like this.
  5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I don't like the deal but in this aspect its kinda of brilliant. If Thibs turns down the deal for Richardson and One 1st. RD pick, everyone will think he is an idiot. He has to take this deal to save face.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Throw in Gordon, he is to streaky and I just dont like him. If it means getting JB trade his ass. I'd rather keep Knight and trade MCW

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

- Wolves create a new bidding war with Rockets, Heat and others
    - Butler sees the AGREED TO deal he had with Wolves owner Taylor is moving along
    - If Wolves SIT on these deals and do not act, Butler sees Taylor is not acting in good faith
    - Butler starts the antics.

Wolves are creating the bidding war. BUT are putting themselves on notice with Butler. The offers are out there and Butler knows. If they don't act on the offers, that is going to piss off Butler.

BigMaloe, DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not quite. That thrown still belongs to these fools.

[​IMG]

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Man this sucks. This season has really been terrible out the gate.

10. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Correction: They beat us handily without Chris and James Harden missing the end of the game. Were it not for Harden's hero ball, we would have certainly lost by more.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Either way, now the entire league now knows you can get 4 picks from Houston for a Butler-level player. I wonder what kind of offers might come in between now and the deadline. And if the media keeps making fun of us and bringing up the Celtics fleecing New Jersey, you have to think that might leak into the owner's (Taylor) subconscious and perhaps force his hand.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Man Minny are idiots for not taking 4 firsts. Do you realize what you can do with that many picks, plus your own? For a guy who is not going to re-sign anyway? Hell they could package a couple to get out from under diengs contract. It just gives you so much flexibility. It’s ridiculous. The rockets are probably idiots for offering that much, though I can understand the urgency given cp3 age, also the fact golden state may not have the same team next year. Boogie and KD could be gone and we can’t sign a player of butlers caliber outright. After next year the window will be closed with this group for sure.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Tony Brothers feels underappreciated

UTSA2step, slothy420 and Quinncy like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol thibs is lying out of his ass .

DonKnock likes this.
  16. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Yeah MIN is stupid if they think they can get a better offer for Butler, 4 1st's to rebuild the team long term with KAT and Wiggins already there, dumb organization.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

This is awful for Minny. I wouldn't take it if I were them either. And I definitely would not take it before the trade deadline! See if there are other offers. These picks, at least in the first two years, will be terrible. And Minny is in "win-relatively-soon" mode, so they aren't placing much value on the 23/25 picks. Adding Knight and Chriss? We don't even like these guys; what makes us think Minny will see them any differently? Deal is bad. What's the harm in Minny just riding it out to the deadline? (Our offer will likely stay on the able until then) Are we thinking Minny's incentive is that JB will make the Minny lockeroom toxic? Wasn't that the same rationale that lead us to believe NY would trade Melo to us? Did that ever happen?

We either increase our offer or sit on it until Feb.

Reeko likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is just bs man. I don't believe even one word of it.

19. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

True that.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. esketit

esketit Member

your sig is absolutely abysmal