1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Houston has to include Eric Gordon to get Butler deal done"-Woj on SC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you crying because you only got 2 Likes so far for your lazy news containing no links, video or tweet, with Millennial-era style misquote...for the clicks.

I've got an idea to help you with those Likes: Feel free to post my Get Up video in your OP that references it (with no link), and maybe consider putting "Woj thinks' in the misquoted Title. The video should really help. lulz

#101 heypartner, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#soon :D

esketit, Ray Parker and J.R. like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#fluidsituation #cyberfluid #codfluid #wojfluid

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Knight is a very good defender @basketballholic

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Too steep if its EGo and anything more than one lotto protected pick

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. esketit

esketit Member

did he actually say that? ill have to refer to my research

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still waiting to hear anything new from @cyberx @Codman and @ch44 since the WOJ 4 Firsts story broke.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What does the starting lineup look like if we get Butler? He is a shooting guard...correct? But, we already have Paul and Harden as our guards. Does Butler move to a forward position?

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Butler would be the starting SF. Butler can play 2,3,4 in different personnel groupings.

Paul
    Harden
    Gordon
    Butler
    Tucker

That would be a pretty top line "death lineup."

joshuaao and DonKnock like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The crazy thing is that I'm sure we offered Gordon at some point earlier this offseason . MIN didn't want him then , if they want him and 4 firsts that's just absurd .

Toronto got kawhi AND green for derozan, poetl, and a first this year (likely a crap pick ) SA also threw in 5 mil .

Knight and Chriss don't help you win this year, but MIN isn't gonna win this year anyways . Those 4 firsts give them an unbelievable amount of ammo to make moves and improve the team long term .

carib, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  11. esketit

esketit Member

Butler is a 2-3..he can defend the best 3s in the league.with harden and butler and tucker out there you have 3 pretty thick and strong guys in your starting lineup and two of them versatile defenders. plus cp3 and capela who also defense

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's 6'8. He can play small forward and even power forward in a small ball lineup. We would then essentially be replacing Ariza with Butler. Anderson with Melo and Luc Mbah a Moute with James Ennis. I think Luc is better than Ennis but those other two are clear and drastic upgrades.

hakeem94, DonKnock and Deuce like this.
  13. heypartner

#doit

Seriously, do the BBS readers a favor and add the vid of the Show, that you reference, to your OP. What harm is there? So they don't have to hunt for it on Page 5.

I promise: it will make you feel more useful and complete.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Where was this offer when Kawhi was available?

Gorki, BHannes2BHonest, Moleb and 4 others like this.
  15. heypartner

Morey has never offered EGo with 4 Picks. It's been clarified by Shams and Woj seems to agree in his comments on Get Up, this morning.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We still had Anderson and Melton then, not Chriss and Knight; and San Antonio dealing with Houston?

Or were you kidding?

Or are we talking about EGO and 4? Yeah, that hasn't happened.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

They can agree to a framework but nothing officially can be put on paper and pushed to the league office until the 31st. Similar to how moratorium period works with free agency. But since nothing will be remotely official and since other teams do not need to wait for that date if something is "agreed upon" and leaked before Oct 31st any other team can easily swoop in and up a sweeter offer (I doubt any one else would do four 1st if that is the asking price indeed) and get an official deal done.

My guess (and hopeful one at that) is that the four firsts was leaked to force other teams to back off and but the actual deal maybe like knight 2 first, seconds instead of 4 first. again thats pure hope on my part.

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and bratna8 like this.
  18. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m aware, but he has offered 4 1st round picks.

I’m not saying it would’ve been possible because Pops would never do it, but we’ve never seen Morey “up his risk profile” so much.

In hindsight, I wonder how that would’ve stacked up against the Raptors proposal.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just having fun spitballing.......Let's say you have these two offers

1) Gordon+Chriss+ 2 1sts FOR Butler + Jones
    2) Knight+Chriss+ 4 1sts FOR Butler + Jones

What is Miami's best offer?

1) Richardson+Bam+ 1st FOR Butler (but that is not enough salary from Miami's side). With Miami they would try to peddle off Waiters. Or perhaps have to take back Dieng by including Tyler Johnson or something.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Half kidding as I don’t think Pop would ever trade his best player to us, but if Morey is already going to offer 4 1sts then throwing Ego in for Kawhi would’ve been more than fair.

Just thinking about what may have happened is all. We’ve seen superstars go for much less (CP3).