1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Houston has to include Eric Gordon to get Butler deal done"-Woj on SC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fortunately, there's only one Royce White.

#BeWell

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd also add that this is what they're facing in Minnesota. They have almost no leverage. That they're even being offered more than a single first round pick is kind of amazing to me considering the position they've put themselves in.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/10/26/18025946/karl-anthony-towns-jimmy-butler

DonKnock likes this.
  3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Apparently Minny is not interested in Houston's package and has resumed talks with Miami, using Houston's offer as leverage This is insane. You have a disgruntled star who doesn't want to be there and you're getting 4 first round picks and a rotational player in return. This will set you up nicely moving forward.

amaru and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Do it.

Gordon needs a change.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Philly does something because Fultz might turn into a mediocre player or not even that.

But I think they got more time and Butler is an urgent matter and I think they pass on him. There are other Allstar calibers out there for them.

6. rockets13champs

IF we putting in Gordon I’m only giving up 1 first rounder

DonKnock and Ramo$e like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Wow . MIN is insane . Don't do it . No way Morey does it .

Min has been negotiating in bad faith this whole time . **** them .

4 firsts and EG is more than TOR gave up for kawhi .

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4 picks are the only notable commodities. Let's be honest, Knight is an unknown, yes he can score his 14-15 ppg after surgery, let's just assume that.

He gives you no defense, so he is not a plus.

9. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

If can get commitment from JB to sign long term, then do it

10. rockets13champs

They added pucks to trade machine???

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  11. rockets13champs

I’m with this I’d only give a max offer of Gordon and 1 first or 3 seconds which is pretty close to 3 firsts if it’s us

DonKnock likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP, yet another lazy Quote Chopping effort by you. The more accurate misquote is: "Woj believes Hou has to include Gordon in any deal."

@Snow Villiers: are you aware vids of these shows gets posted pretty quickly. What's the rush to start a thread with no link to an article, tweet or video, especially when you chop up the quotes so poorly, and place them in Titles as Woj Bombs.

Here's the real quote, with context:

Woj: Talks about why we want Butler. Trade comments: "Four 1st round picks, now the key to any deal is what players they'd agree on potentially in the deal. Because Thibs is far less interested in draft picks than he is interested in 'What players can I get back, to help me win in Minnesota."

Jalen Rose: Also talks about why we'd want Butler, then adds speculation on trade: "One of the guys we didn't bring up: If I'm Minnesota, I'll take the 1st round picks, maybe 3,,,maybe 4, but y'all got to give me Eric Gordon." continues talking about the oft-stated angle Minny would want to cripple us a little, and not allow another superteam in the West.

Woj: The 'I think' quote that is source of OP Title: "It's hard to imagine a scenario where Minnesota would do this trade without including Eric Gordon in it."

Y2JT, Vivi, Little Bit and 10 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

:) No.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Using us as leaverage I understand, but I dont think it pressures miami tbh.

Like imagine pat riley when he heard 4 1sts were being offered. He probably had the same wtf shock we all did.

Then, the reports of minny not wanting to do that and instead reengaging with miami proves to Ripley he has the package they want most.

He should recognize he has the best offer in Minnesota eyes, so why up the ante?

Minny showed their cards and it's easy to call the bluff imo

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wolves are obviously using Rockets and Miami to create a bidding war to up the offers. From the outset, most teams could see this coming and were holding back.

That said, with things heating up now......if Butler had a deal with Wolves owner Taylor, then if all of these offers are out there, it is going to look BAD if the Wolves don't pull the trigger on one.

Wolves create the bidding war. BUT, put themselves on notice...at the same time.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

+1 for "context."

We should ALL strive to provide the FULL CONTEXT on everything. It matters. Well done @heypartner

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

+ 1 Sam Dekker,

honestly we haven't had any luck drafting in recent years other than Acappela

daywalker02 and Ramo$e like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yeah....asking for Gordon defeats the purpose of 4 first round picks. Giving Gordon hampers us, and brings no value to the TWolves currently. I say start offering 3 picks now. The 31st is still four days away. We need Gordon while Harden is out. Jimmy's good but not good enough to broker the future just to get him 4 days early.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

RIGHT ON!

Papa don't take no mess.

DonKnock likes this.