1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Fuller Knee Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 25, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not in the NFL.

I really hope this GM doesn't think like Rick Smith & go grab a scrub WR.

red5rocket and Snow Villiers like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is why they should have gone after Corey Coleman when they had the chance. Just sayin'.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Another SCRUB WR who hasn;t made it in the NFL.

I'll judge this GM by his next WR pick up. If he has guts like Morey / Luhnow to get whatever it takes or will he grab the cheap / easy practice squad WR that BoB loves.

4. conquistador#11

reliant must lead the league in devouring knees. B.O.B had the entire cafeteria altered because it wasn't new england-y enough. replace our turf to look more like gillette field or whatever it's called! (just venting) Fuller is one of the easiest players to cheer for and he's so talented. We can get by if lil keke stays healthy for the next 8 games and usage of our talented pair of Jordans increases. but damn this sucks for fuller, not going to mention my fantasy football team.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  5. HstnSprtsFan101

Joking lol but I could definitely see it. We need to go grab a real threat. I think DW can get the best out of his WR’s.

Marquise Goodwin, Sterling Shepard, DJax, Emmanuel Sanders are all explosive guys that could fill in nicely.

Dez, D.Parker, Kelvin, Allen Hurns, Jordy Nelson, Terrelle Pryor, some less intriguing options.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Time to bring Andre Johnson out of retirement.

edwardc, Remix and Nimo like this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

If you're looking just for a deep threat, in-house Sammie Coates is probably going to be the answer. None of the guys you mentioned are going to be available except for the "less intriguing options". And they're less intriguing for a reason. As bad as the WRs have been hurt, the OL and CBs have been worse. If they're going to make a trade they should make a trade for a CB.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Some practice squad guy you've never heard of.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Trash.com

J.R. likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

@RasaqBoi Wait you haven't "judged" him by what he's done with the tackle position and the cornerback position yet?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think he drafted very well considering where we were in the draft.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

But I thought you were referring to dealing with injuries in the middle of the season. We see what he's done with all the CBs that have been injured; they brought in Mike Tyson and Shareece Wright. I just don't think the Texans are big on trading for players in the middle of the season.

As for the draft, Justin Reid was A+, Duke was A, Coutee B+, everyone else is inconclusive. But I still don't know why they drafted a lineman better suited to be a guard and have him play tackle. Coutee can't stay on the field. Akins is now a full back? So you drafted a FB in the 3rd? Duke has shown flashes and was a steal for where he was drafted. We need some more time to tell obviously. Coutee is the one that would bring this draft class over the top for me. Getting 3 consistent contributing starters is an absolute win for any draft class not to talk of with no 1st and 2nd rounders.

Rudyc281 and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree on the draft grades!

I feel they figured with losing Johnson (Trash) and Colvin (not proven) ..... they still had Kareem, Joseph so I dont think he went into panic mode.

This is panic mode time. U have a 5-3 team that's hot. NO WAY can you go forward with a Pro Bowl WR and a rookie, practice squads. He has to make a move. I don't care what round pick he gives up. Just not 1st and 2nd.

macho GRANDE and Nimo like this.
  14. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Goodwin would be an amazing pickup, he's also faster than fuller.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

They just paid Johnson and Colvin a lot of money and they were projected starters. They brought in Webster and he got hurt. Shareece Wright was getting burned and even he got hurt. And now JJo is hurt too. That's three projected starters down. That should create more of a panic than one #2 (or #3 when Coutee was playing) receiver going down.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Marquis or Chris? Why would SF give up their #1 receiver? I don't think they're in a purge mode like the Raiders are.

joshuaao, red5rocket and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'm all in for Goodwin. He's signed through 2021 on a reasonable deal. Gonna have to spend a pick and/or cash on insurance for Fuller this offseason regardless.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Honestly, I'd rather Antonio Brown.

19. esketit

esketit Member

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Goodwin has HUGE big play ability but not sure he is their #1 WR. They also drafted Dante Pettis in the 2nd round and maybe they're high enough on him where pick(s) might be enticing for Lynch. But ya no indication for Goodwin or anyone else really.