1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No matter how many draft picks are included they still have to match salary, EG will be a part of it for salary matching purposes

#7481 Corrosion, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

recently i heard an opinion that late first are in fact worse then early seconds because of the type of contracts that comes with them(guaranteed vs non-guaranteed or something)

topfive and BigShasta like this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If what you say is true then this scares the living crap out of me. Is Jimmy butler really going to sell more tickets? If Harden is really that injured then they need to just rest him until he is fully capable of playing especially if our goal is still to win a championship. Are the Rockets losing money right now? Tillman is still a business man and if we can't fill seats I think he'd be the first to green light a lessen the payroll move. Which means good bye clint and possibly cp3... I really hope Tillman isn't panicking too soon. People probably spent all their money on astros and just need time to regenerate some funds. The toyota center will be packed eventually. Do not turn into Dolan and let Morey work. Desperate moves is what strapped the Knicks for years.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I call it borderline BS, as severe as a hamstring is, how can it affect 6 months of a season?

That would mean they aggravate it every time he plays not 100%, the Rox would not be that dumb.

The Rox know that it will be nagging him all year? What a statement is this? That would be a season ending injury needing surgery.

Or did Keith Jones curse the medical staff to be inept?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is what I am thinking. I have always suspected that analytics is not very useful for first round drafts. Morey is ahead of other GM in trades and in getting undervalued veterans, not in first round drafts. This is why I don't really care about losing first round picks if we are getting something substantial back. Maybe Morey is predicting that more and more teams are going to use analytics and picks will gradually lose their market values.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's never been in the Top 4 or Top 6 so we won't know what his Top 6 boards look like for real.

Would he still pick Marcus Morris over Kawhi if he had the 5th or 6th pick? I dun buy any of it.

Lower or middle picks are useless to him. I agree with that.

Top 10 picks will never lose their value and they shouldn't.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have zero problems selling tickets. So far the Rockets have sold out their games played. Unless season ticket sales fell, the Rockets will once again sell out or come close to selling out every home game.

tycoonchip and hakeem94 like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Fox sports is reporting the deal is Nene, Eg and the 4 first rounders--Thats kind of expensive to me

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Seriously, Ego is our only shooter!! F that noise

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets aren’t paying Ego’s next contract anyways after having to pay Butler

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That’s a steep price, but I don’t see anything wrong with going all in on this squad.

jcf likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ego is more like a high volume chucker

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

If the rumors are accurate, I view this as confirmation that TF doesn't plan to tank in the future either. If he goes "Les" mode and tries to always field a competitive team, the first round picks just are not that valuable to us.

The post showing our recent first round picks says a lot.

Sure, I would love to keep EG. Nene seems like a great guy but I can't remember the last time he played.

I would do this deal.

cml750 and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You think this because why? It's already been said that Marquiss + Knight's contracts are enough to match.

#7496 seclusion, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    DonKnock likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If that's the offer, yeah. I can see why EGO's game has been ass-stank so far this season. Quite the distraction.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Why? Those picks are glorified 2nd rounders with 1st round money. You aren’t going to find talent like JB that late in the 1st. Nene is garbage and we can afford to lose EG if we get butler.

izeroi likes this.
  19. koby1868

koby1868 Member

It’s too bad that they ramp up ticket prices because we added Melo. Any they took away bids on flashseats. Makes no sense

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ironically, Jimmy Butler was drafted late in the first round;)

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and bmelo like this.