1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman just went in raw on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 18, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I agree. Harden looked fine, but he's the leader. Leaders need to lead, get people in the right place, etc. So I'm just complaining about him preparing his teammates for this. Not about him. He looked great, but surrounded by fools.

We looked good for a few minutes last night, but that was with Ego, Harden, Paul, Tucker and Melo in there. Once Paul came out and MCW went in, it was more of the same.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder if Harden didn't realize he would have to play at an MVP level this year too. "Looked Fine", it seems, won't cut it this year.

3. fattz

fattz Member

What was said that wasn’t true? The loss of the assistant coach is the real reason we looked like we did and we needed to use our talent better Clark & Nenê to match up.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden was aware of what was going on but he was just a hair off on his layups jumpers passes.

I didn’t think he was the reason are d sucked.

That belonged to Clint and cp3 or anchors on that end. They both were bad especially Clint.

The sad part is I don’t think had harden came out on fire with a 40-15 game it would have made a difference. I still think we lose just maybe by 8 instead of 19.

We need to compete and maybe I did underestimate the loss of Ariza? I’m sick of hearing about Luc he was always replaceable but Ariza might be a guy we will miss a lot.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yess sir.

[​IMG]

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont really think alot of you guys get that Luc is prolly a top 10(prolly higher) perimeter defender in the NBA.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He also didn’t play a lot for us the second half of the year and playoffs when our team took off on D.

I know he’s good I would like to have him but let’s keep it real he barely played for the clippers last night and Ariza balled.

I think Luc is a better defender than Ariza I think Ariza is a better player especially when u factor in how familiar he is with JH.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

It would have been even better if he wasnt hurt though. Like he was our best perimeter defender. He had one of the highest net ratings in the league last year. We only lost one game when Ariza was out and that was because he did as good or a better job than Ariza.

One game, and he's prolly still recovering from that shoulder injury tbh.

Hmm offensively maybe he fit better with JH, but I also think he was able to clean up alot of Harden's defense when he was on the floor, better than Ariza. I'm just saying before he got hurt, he honestly looked like the better player and I love Ariza.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree that he did look better before the injury but u can’t deny that after the injury even the first one he looked bad and after the second one really bad.

We did go 14-1 with out Ariza last year but we also made the WCF and took GS to the brink of elimination without Luc at all. And we were playing some of the best if not the best D GS has ever faced in the Durant era.

We should have both tbh but it is what it is.

Morey needs to upgrade from both and just go get jimmy butler lol

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, he did. I'm not sure if he's even fully recovered either. But I would still flip Ennis for him in a heartbeat.

This is true as well. And I'm pretty sure had Luc been healthy, Iggy or no Iggy, we would have beaten them.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Also, wanna say Rachel Nicols is also giving us the business. I never thought this about her but she seemed to really enjoy how badly the Rox were doing last night.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When is Stephen A not ranting ?
    That’s how he pays the bills and buys the mansions

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Agreed! Only 81 games left in the season! Season on the brink!

tinman likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont be obtuse, you know what I mean. Save that for other people LOL.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Media being vindicated. Hard to argue after last night.

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Still not on the Ariza was that much of an anchor train. We’ll bounce back.

eyhab27 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rachel is very snake-like in her bias. She doesn't hate the Rockets or Harden but she would rather they lose to GSW or Lebron.

HP3 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

You are right. Her Lebron bias is so blatant.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

NO DEFENSE!!! -
    No one playing defense. no help defense, no talking...

NO TEAM BALL!!! -
    Who ever brings the ball down shoots, no passing.. all 1 on 1..

Paul and Harden are the guards and the ball just sticks in both of their hands... BOTH of them play 1 on 5 ball...

Going to be a very long season....

T_Man

20. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Guys, last night was a giant mix-up. The team thought it was still preseason ball :eek:

We'll be fine. The ass beating was necessary - it was a nice wake up call.

BigShasta likes this.