1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which was exactly why I invested in Coleman in every single draft.

Wait. You have NINE fantasy football teams!!?!?!

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, one of my leagues folded this year. My highest pick was 7th so no Gurley or Kamara for me.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Or the positive way to look at that... you didn't draft Bell (though supposedly coming back) or David Johnson (though starting to play better). I drafted 9th in both ten player leagues I am in, got Barkley in one (and Gordon and Mixon with my next two picks) and Gordon in the other (and Fournette... groan). Interesting to note Barkley, Gordon, Kamara and Gurley are all expected to get over 400 points this year.

4. NewRoxFan

The news (hopefully fake news) that Bell is coming back next week is making re-think the idea of trading a RB away if Conner will be benched or sharing carries with Bell in the coming weeks.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The league that I spend the most the time on (I propose multiple trades every week) I now own both bell and Johnson so I expect them to have good second halves. I acquired bell for fitz, Crowell, and lewis week 3 and Johnson for luck and ingram last week. It is risky but I have a high ceiling with

Ryan
    Fournette
    Bell
    Hopkins
    Adams
    Ebron
    Johnson

Short bench: yeldon, henry, cooper, Mayfield

This is a 12 team auction league where we meet every year at a semi tropical location so I really want to win. I won the first 3 of 6 years before losing in the finals the last 2 years.

6. NewRoxFan

Wow, when/if Bell returns (hoping he doesn't... Conner owner) your team will be unbeatable, and even without its darn scary. Essentially, you have all 1st and early picks 2nd round picks, with one of the hottest QBs and hottests TEs. Once you get through byes and avoid injuries you are set up for killings. DJ has an especially good ROS. And getting Bell for so little... Nicely done.

I only wish the first league I am in was open to trades. I may even make a small one just to show trades can happen.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Need to fill an RB and FLEX spot. (PPR)

Calvin Ridley vs NYG
    Sammy Watkins vs CIN
    Nelson Agholor vs CAR
    Phillip Lindsay @ ARI
    Mark Ingram @ BAL (note I have Kamara starting at the RB1 spot)

8. NewRoxFan

Wow, tough choices. BAL is super tough to run against, and add in the Kamara/Ingram usage. Guess you still play your stud (even though Lindsay is a pretty good RB). And while Watkins is an attractive matchup with CIN, ATL should also be passing like crazy and I'd go Ridley.

9. HTM

HTM Member

My team 10 team standard League

WR: J.Jones, Thielin, Golladay and A. Jeffrey
    RB: Elliot, Conner, Hyde, Barber and Miller

Trade proposal:

I give up Golladay for Brieda?

Thoughts?

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

My Edelman and Corey Clement for Fournette (I have Yeldon)

Seems like a no brainer but I have no faith in Fournette coming back though, which is why I am having 2nd thoughts.

RBs: Collins, Yeldon, Clement, Carson, Mack, Ito Smith
    WRs (3): AB, Adams, Evans, Keke, K. Cole, Edelman

Also, I think Keelan Cole is talented but I don't trust Bortles at all. Droppable or no? Standard leagues.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

I think your RBs are good. I rather hold to keep the depth.

12. HTM

HTM Member

Ah, I went for it.

Elliot is great of course but after that it's kind of sketchy... Breida is the dude to own in the SF backfield so I went with it... I liked Golladay a lot but hadn't used him all season with Julio and Thielin taking up my starting spots.

13. HTM

HTM Member

Seems like you have good depth at WR but your RB situation is not the greatest LF is a 1st/2nd rounder when healthy... probably worth the risk.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Need an RB2 starter recommendation:

Dalvin Cook
    Latavius Murray
    Lamar Miller
    Matt Breida

I’m leaning towards Breida.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd say Cook. 2 weeks hes been practicing in full, so he should be as close to full health as he has been this year. I don't see breida doing much against a top rams defense.

HR Dept likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Guy in my money league added DEN, but didn't move it into his lineup. That has to hurt!

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I found this to be pretty damn funny as a person that has David Johnson in every single league I am playing in this season.

the Arizona Cardinals are blown out Thursday night, and Mike McCoy's offense is embarrassed with a paltry 10 points.

McCoy sits in his office chair clasping a game board, devising new offensive plans to turn this season around. countless visions of football plays pass through his mind, anticipating every possible action between offense and defense.

he jolts up, and twists his game board in front of him to face the mock NFL field. "I've got it!" he exclaims.

he draws a line straight up the middle. "this is the play we need."

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

David Johnson is killing me. Currently at 1st place on my PPR $$$ league. Tried to trade away david johnson for another 6-10 rb. they refused.

QB- Winston/ Cousins
    RB-David Johnson/ Alex Collins/ Phillip Lindsay/ Dion Lewis/ LeSean McCoy
    WR- Davante Adams/ Adam Thielen/ John Brown/ Ashlon Jeffery/ Randall Cobb
    TE- Jordan Reed/ O.J Howard
    K- Harrison Butker (Chiefs)
    Defense- Bears

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

peleincubus likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I passed on D. Johnson twice this year solely based on change to the offense, not his injury.

Offensive philosophy, how good your team is & offensive line play, some of the most important factors in fantasy football, yet still, none of the "experts" really analyze those things seriously heading into the season. And really, that's the most important advice people need.