1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I mean, they can't keep cancelling practice.

DonKnock and topfive like this.
  2. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I was getting tired of the drama until yesterday.

I'm all in on the foolishness now.

This **** gone be good.

jch1911, Plowman, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

BREAKING NEWS: Jimmy Butler sighted on his way to practice.

[​IMG]

1Deep, Richie_Rich, slothy420 and 9 others like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The underlying assumption is "Trade Wiggins away (and other flotsam) to get under the cap to give me the "renegotiation and extension."

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You would have to think that they cancelled practice so they can get all of the front office people in the same place to get a deal done today. There's really no other explanation for it imo.

Vivi, Reeko, heypartner and 3 others like this.
  6. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Butler could bring in Kat’s x girlfriend to play with the 3rd string!

Koperboy and DonKnock like this.
  7. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Jimmy butler when he saw the doors of the Minnesota practice gym closed:

[​IMG]

lionaire and HTX Ninja like this.
  8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Now entering the court: From Houston, Tomball, Texas weighing in at 236 pounds. He stands 6'8".

JIMMY.
    G.
    BUUUUTTLERRRRRR

[​IMG]

/Fink

Reeko, mikol13 and DonKnock like this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

NONE of his older/current teams were ANYTHING like the Rockets. put him on a team with the MVP of the NBA, one of the, if not the smartest PG in the league, veterans who still have juice left to play for a championship, and an offense that runs freely to maximize a player's potential and YES he will prosper.

his character is just fine. he was the "franchise player" for chicago yes, but did he have the weapons surrounding him like the rockets do? no. take out the stresses of being a "franchise player", the stresses of trying to win with a young a$$ team that only wants to load up their stats and get paid to being a player on a team that just wants to win a championship and have fun while theyre doing it then YES this man would FLOURISH on our team.

joshuaao, topfive, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fine, but it is wrong to say Minny offered him a Renegotiation, and he rejected it. They’d have to first get some-$14m under to cap to offer a Max renegotiation.

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

He wanted them to give him the max extension and make him the Alpha of the team. Instead they chose KAT, so that clearly meant "we don't need you" to him.

He knew he would never reach anything more than 2nd round of playoffs if KAT and Wiggins were cornerstones of the franchise. HE wanted to be the cornerstone.

The situation is similar to what OKC did to Harden. They payed Ibaka and Perkins, and had to save money on Harden. Would you feel appreciated?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, you can be a billionaire (or not), massive tax cheat, horrific liar, molester, fraudster, boorish ignorant, bully, and really just about evil, and still get elected President of the United States by a margin of negative 3.8 million votes. Jimmy Butler? Small potatoes!

Wait.....isn't this the D&D?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Oh yeah. That "item" is left unsaid.

But I believe that is what Butler said to the Wolves 4 days after the Rockets loss. And when they didn't "commit" to him in that "exact capacity" that is where Butler felt the communication disconnect.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

While KAT needs to shape up....I don't think KAT is as big an issue to Butler as Wiggins. Just my 2 cents.

tc0330 likes this.
  15. basketballholic

This is the guy that kept telling us Terrence Jones was a good player. He was trashing me back then when I kept saying we needed to trade Terrence before he turned into a no-trade-value player and when I told you all that there was a good chance Terrence would be out of the league within 5 years.

#5915 basketballholic, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I hear you and I think you are right. But the timing of KAT's extension bothered Butler the most, because it made clear what Minnesota's intentions are.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but that’s all great. Malaskas seemed to say Minny agreed, when you are saying they didn’t??

Taylor’s whole summer should have been focused on fulfilling that request to rid the team of Wiggins contract and other “flotsam” to get under the cap. Butler is right. Hell, had they actually done that, I bet Thibs would have been able to talk Jimmy into using that opened $14m in Room on getting Jimmy more help, then later use Bird Rights for the raise...which is what Paul allowed Morey to do to get PJ by exercising that cheap player option.

Koperboy likes this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Just waiting for Cyber to post...Congrats boys :eek:

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely! That is what I am saying.

heypartner likes this.
  20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think that was the exact point Butler tried to make.

heypartner likes this.