1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

winning 60+ during the reg season great. harden can win 50+ games with a bunch of role players. That doesn't really matter. Are you happy with being just a good team or being an elite team that really has a shot at a title.

The Rockets had the third-ranked defense in the NBA from the Feb. 6 lineup change, when P.J. Tucker became a starter, through the rest of the regular season. Prior to the change, it ranked 11th.

that's how you become elite and give yourself a realistic shot

hakeem94, HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would like this 1000 times if I could.

3. RocketsFanBrian

Man I can't wait for the interview to air

rip homework I was gonna do

DonKnock, hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Came out hours ago, but not sure if posted. Big if true.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Keep in mind that one of Murray's best attributes is that he flat-out refuses to overvalue role players. Sure he wants to keep PJ, but not at the expense of bringing in another All-Star.

It's almost like people haven't been paying attention to Murray's well-established MO:

Step 1) Get superstars
    Step 2) Get All-Stars
    Step 3) Find undervalued role players and youngsters with possible upside to fill out the roster

Morey will absolutely give up some of step 3 to pull off a step 2. Then he can just re-do step 3 again.

Why not?, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

We still had PJ coming off the bench? Same with Luc? I mean this isnt a good argument. Even when Ryan started I would like to see how many minutes he got over PJ. And I believe basically all of our team stats got better with Tucker in AND .....well Playoffs, ......Playoffs PLAYOFFS.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. HP3

HP3 Member

What?

Why not? and topfive like this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

man, if we can get this guy AND keep tuck.... this team would be something truly special.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Could Jimmy B. become our modern day Vernon Maxwell?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lazy lotto busts have been, and always will be, protected until it’s too late...because fans embrace hope.

Fool me once, shame on you,
    Fool me twice, shame on me,
    But the next guy can fool me again, that’s all good

luckyman76 and malakas like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Butler's little show today might be making Murray think twice about hanging on to PJ.

hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

please Morey, get this done, I’m begging u

Why not?, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24951610

If it's not Miami, where is Jimmy Butler gonna go?

Windhorst: To me, the only teams that will trade for Butler at any sort of premium are teams that can't sign him in the summer today. If Butler hangs on through February, talking a pure rental situation, anything is possible. Unlikely a team will pay Minnesota's asking price that can sign him in the summer. I want Butler on my team. I'd rather have him at 4 years than 5 so I'd rather sign him outright anyways.

Houston, there's some stuff with Houston but I don't see how a trade goes down there.

MacMahon: Someone told Stefano Fusaro that Houston is refusing to put Tucker in there. I haven't heard that that firm but I do know certainly the coaching staff doesn't want to let Tucker go. Tilman Fertitta said they don't want to give up too much. By giving up too much, if you're talking about not including Tucker, how are you doing that deal?

Windhorst: There could be 3 opinions there. Number one, Minnesota, you don't want to include Tucker? Call me back. Click. You don't get Butler. This is how this gotta work. There might be 3 different opinions in Houston. Daryl Morey might look at it & say "If we get Butler, this might really be something." You got the coaching staff who loves Tucker & how he brings it every day and his versatility and then you got the owner chirping about the luxury tax. He pretty much said we're not paying the repeater tax, which I get, and drove a hard bargain with Clint Capela and got him at a reasonable number. I'm not sure Tilman Fertitta is getting ready to go give Jimmy Butler a max.

MacMahon: If you ain't paying repeater & you're trading for Butler, you're doing it as a rental.

Windhorst: That's what I'm saying. The owner could see it one way, front office another way & coaching staff another way. I'll never b**** at an owner about not wanting to pay the repeater tax. Not saying Tilman is wrong but if you're the GM or coaching staff, you gotta know you have that line you can't cross. Butler, if I'm Houston, I wait & see what happens with Golden State in a year and hope you get lucky this year.

Jackie MacMullan: If Les Alexander is still the owner, do they care?

MacMahon: I don't think he's trying to pay the repeater tax either.

Jackie Mac: I think he would. That dude is a generous man with his money. My understanding, in his stepping away from the Rockets, he plans to give most of his money away. He would have said go for it.

Windhorst: Les Alexander, ...first off the Rockets are a very profitable team(top 5). Tilman used a big chunk of his net worth to pay for this.

Jackie Mac: I get it. I'm not criticizing him.

MacMahon: I'm telling you, it's one thing if everyone says "Hey, we do this, we'll beat the Warriors!" It's another if the coach says "We have the offensive firepower, PJ Tucker is indispensable part of what we're doing & we have a great dynamic between our superstars. Now we're bringing in Melo. To bring Butler to Houston, if you're getting rid of a culture piece in Tucker, that's a chemistry experiment that I'm not sure benefits the Rockets & not sure D'Antoni would be enthusiastic about.

Windhorst: When we convene at the end of next week, will Butler be a Timberwolf?

MacMahon: He'll be a Heat. Not sure if it's next week or when it happens, but I agree with Jackie. Some point sooner than later.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tour de Force. Lulz @J.R.

#5456 heypartner, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

At this point, I can imagine the Timberwolve's fans begging the team:
    [​IMG]

18. malakas

malakas Member

As I said for Wolves fans these are the best news possible.
    The only way left to motivate KAT and Wiggins.
    The immediate leaks also help. After all these,if you can't step up your effort when you are publicly humiliated then you are a lost cause.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon now, just admit it, holic won and he won big this time...

Snow Villiers likes this.
  20. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

lol at people getting hyped over what he's doing in practice..

it's all smoke folks.

hakeem94 likes this.