1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

Lol yeah. Cruz is pretty much the Hillary of Republican Senators. Generic as hell and beatable if you were willing to get out of your comfort zone.

da_juice likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This foolish Kavanaugh smear job seems to be backfiring, RCP has Cruz up 5 points now.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm surprised it's only 5. My guess is Cruz will be up at least 7 points by election night.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The more new polls come out, I would expect it to move in that direction too.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Need those other two debates to end this facade.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The people we trust the most important things in our lives...

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm not arguing against his point, but he's running for the wrong job if he wants to give teachers a raise in TX. Their salaries are controlled by state/local governments. Good luck getting Texans to agree to higher property taxes or a state income tax.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You say you arguing against his point, then you argue against his point. His point is teachers should get paid more. Its a simple point. All Texans should agree, then pressure school districts to make that happen, whether or not it means higher taxes (and I am not sure it requires higher taxes).

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Beto reminds me of Obama. His message is all about the message without substance. The package is bright and shiny and looks/sounds really good. Once you open the box, you realize he is just another crazy leftist. He definitely has the younger generations attention right now because they are still too naive to look at the substance of what he says. Thankfully we have more than enough wiser Texans to overcome the onslaught of the naive youth. The thing about young people is they eventually mature and when they do most are not so naive any more.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m not sure what substance Cruz provides. He mainly talks about the second amendment and keeping god in schools.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only these young, idealistic liberals would grow up and learn to support a genuine idea man like President Trump.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's scary enough that the GOP is already planning against Beto as a presidential candidate in 2020 if he wins the Senate.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's suppose that that is actually true. It is still preferable to Cruz who has no message of substance but has a message of fear about Beto banning BBQ, and taking money from people who don't live in Texas.

If there are two candidates with messages that aren't big on substance, I think the one with hope and optimism that talks to people about possible accomplishments beat the one that is a fear tactic about a guy who is supposedly going to ban bbq and gets money from people who live out of state.

Perhaps you can tell me why it is wiser to choose someone who takes loads from special interests over someone who takes nothing from special interests.

Why is it wiser to choose a person who doesn't address issues but instead campaigns on an opponent who will supposedly ban bbq, and takes money from out of state, even though Beto takes less from out of state than Ted Cruz?

Why is that wiser?

joshuaao likes this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

that's what his constituents care about and its how he differs from Beto. Its also a very easy issue for voters to comprehend (as opposed to say economics). Why wouldn't he focus on it?

Beto has no intentions of winning his senate race. You don't take his positions in Texas if you are trying to win. He's simply setting up for a run at something else (maybe president) or a tv gig.

cml750 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

In 2018 are we seriously still debating about "keeping god in schools"?

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Beto talks about education, supporting teachers, healthcare, and having politicians who aren't tied to special interests. Do you think his constituents aren't concerned about the issues of education, healthcare, and politicians who aren't beholden to special interests?

17. tallanvor

I think his opponent cares about all those issues too, so it not where they differ. Try reading what i wrote.

cml750 likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m all for it. If the school is required to name off every possible god and the nothingness.

Ok children, if you would like to take a quick moment of silent thought or prayer to: nothing, god, buhdah, Krishna, the spaghetti monster, Harry Potter etc.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's not what Ted Cruz talks about.

20. tallanvor

because its not where they differ. ITs not like one cares about education and one wants every kid to be stupid. Secondly, Cruz believes in the 10th amendment, therefore his view would probably be the federal government, which they are running to be apart of, has no business in running healthcare or education. State legislatures should run their healthcare/education systems and hes not running to be apart of that.